Warren Ellis at MIT

Author Warren Ellis is speaking at MIT today.
Starting.... now.
live stream here:
media.mit.edu/events/medialabtalk/

He's got three prose novels out too.

spamming is against the rules. reported.

Yes. An author doing a talk at one of America's top colleges is not to be posted. Sounds about right.

Only read Transmet, which had its charms but overall felt a bit too dumb, yet too smug in its dumbness to qualify as pulpy fun. Are any of his prose (or other comic) works worth my time?

You're essentially avatarfagging while spamming this retard. Again, go to /co/.

Never read his prose, his comics can be hit and miss, and that tone you disliked is somewhat prevalent, Authority and Planetary are good tough

>too smug
Well he is British.

I got Normal signed at a shop across the river in Boston he stopped at.

The whole "thinking about the end of all day" driving you insane seems too familiar to me this past year.

Will keep in mind, thanks

See, it's not smugness per se I dislike. Moore is one of my favorites and he's a quintessentially smug Brit. The difference is that Moore has the wits to justify it, whereas Ellis (at least in Transmet) really didn't.

Hmm. Maybe that kind of smugness was cranked up to 11 because of the character of Spider and his personality.

Talking about how Ellis predicted the digital liveposting of journalism with Transmet, though also how he was just cribbing from Hunter's gonzo journalism that prefigured how in the moment journalism today is. (Though I'd say the thoroughly fucked corpse of journalism.)

"You mustn't think comics functions the way a business filled with adults would." - Warren Ellis

Someone in the audience just shouted "Pepe!"

heh. The interviewer mentioned anonymous in relation to Global Frequency.

user is the closest thing we're getting to the Global Frequency.

Heaven help us.

That's certainly part of it, but I also took issue with how nearly every villain was a blatant strawman, and how Spider comes in to beat up and humiliate them. Reads like a pathetic power fantasy honestly, like Warren Ellis was giving form to his adolescent priest-punching fantasies because mom and dad forced him to attend Sunday mass while he'd rather be reading comics.

>a new religion being generated every six hours