What's the best and worst exam grade you ever had?

I once got 90% in a Biochemistry exam. I don't really know how desu, I just love Biochemistry so I didn't really revise, I just knew the information.

But on a Math exam I got 25% because I forgot to bring my calculator and the examiner didn't allow me to borrow a spare one at the front (what a cunt). So I wasted 3 hrs doing a Math exam and I just sat there doing nothing, because I couldn't.

Other urls found in this thread:

kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/22/physics-bsc#structure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

great thread desu

>90% is best he's ever gotten

What a brainlet. I've got full points in several exams. (I major in math)

The worst I've ever gotten was 0%. I simply forgot that I registered for the exam.

I once got 110% on a first year biology exam in undergrad. You got awarded extra points for in-depth explanations and I found biology really easy.

I also have a bunch of 100% chem and maths exams.

Got around 6/100 on FP2 if I recall, which was strange given that I could have sworn I knew the answers to a lot of the questions, certainly the polar coordinates one where you had to apply the area formula and integrate stuff. Alas probably the Dunning-Kruger effect in motion. Can't remember what my best grade was, probably 80-90 in something.

Why are there spares if you're not allowed to use them?

In any case the grade distributions vary depending on where you are. For example, the boundary here for the "highest" grade is 70%. Best I ever got was 96% but that got moderated to 90%, worst was probably around 58%.

>tfw got 0 on a multiple choice exam because the examiner couldn't read my name

I once got 70% on a test that I know I aced. The guy who copied from me for 88%. Fml

>Best
100.5% for a second year Physiology course because the course convenor included two bonus marks to increase the pass rate.

>worst
The worst exam mark I received was 73%. It was my first university exam and being nervous as hell made it really hard to concentrate.

Best: 100%
Worst: 26%

Best: 95% Theoretical physics exam (Lagrangian+Hamiltonian classical dynamics + Quantum mechanics)

Worst: 64% Elementary number theory exam

To be fair, the highest grade you can get here is 70% so it's not that far off, and it's the only exam I've gotten under that grade. It was literally fuck my life tier because I kept getting shitty stupid errors in a gcd computation question

>100% is possible in american exams

Envy you guys, my best was 83 in university in organic chem

Best 100% on a math exam
Worst 21% on a cs exam
Tfw just like math but need programming to do anything other than teaching. Fuck my life bros, I hate it

How the fuck do you get so high in something as difficult as theoretical physics but flop in ELEMENTARY number theory ?

% is possible in american exams
>Envy you guys, my best was 83 in university in organic chem
Try not being a brainlet, and actually learning the material

100% on graph theory final
18% on electromagnetism midterm

as I said in the post, the first question in the paper was a dumb gcd computation and i literally did stupid mistakes like 3-4 times in a row, making me lose like 30 mins in a 2 hour paper, what should have taken me at most 7 mins

>Not American
>Got 100% in organic chem exams

heh

I've gotten full marks on a few exams. A Calc 2 midterm, all my exams in logic (this wasn't that uncommon, I think the mode for those exams was 100 because it was piss easy), topology midterm and a physics final. My best exam relative to the rest of the class is when I got a 90 when the next highest grade was 60 in an abstract algebra midterm (there was a very easy 20-point problem that wasn't covered in class and I was the only nerd who actually read the textbook).

I failed my first calculus midterm pretty badly, I think I got around a 50. Ended up getting an A in the class though.

100%
Like a 20%

I once forgot my calculator too and the examiner stood up, asked the class for one and gave it to me. It doesn't have anything to do with your post but I wanted to let you know.

The worst I've gotten on a test was 0 on a linear algebra test (I did it on purpose, long shitty story) and the best was a 100 on a geometry test.

Make our lives a little longer OP.

Got a 100% in programming, and got 20% in my Labs. I wouldn't have passed if my teacher hadn't felt like passing me just because. I was doing fine in all my other classes so...

>Best is 101 in Old West Saxon English
>Wost is 99 in Linear Algebra
Feels good being a freshman, don't have a ton to choose from yet
Still waiting for one score back that I don't think will be so wonderful, though.

Several 100s throughout math courses, and nailed a 100 on an Emag test. Worst I’ve ever done was in the mid 50s on the first test I ever took in college, chemistry.

100%
70%

worst F
best A
dude wtf

>calls others brainlets
>he is capable of forgetting
uh oh

>calculator
>math exams
Physics and engineering classes I get but a math class? That is brainlet tier.

ITT: brainlet Americans with their brainlet academic system where the tests are so easy that 90 % is low

I've gotten 100% in a lot of things.

Bout to fail a MoF exam tomorrow though.

I've looked at british academic systems. its a fucking joke.
>kent.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/22/physics-bsc#structure
Built into stages and each stage is 1 year. YOu guys literally take 4 fucking classes in 1 year with each class worth 15 credits. You guys don't even take shit like non-STEM classes like we do.

I got 9,5 (out of 10) for my Finance class and 3 for Statistics (passing grade is 5,5)

I've got 100 on an exam in a brainlet tier intro to geology course. One time I got a 50% on a probability exam. It was the most likely outcome since every question is 50/50, you either get it right or you don't :^) But really it was because I forgot there was a test that day and hadn't studied at all.

0% and 70% or smth, I study engineering physics and just want the fucking degree and go into the industry.

>yes ofc I feel bad about never getting top scores, but i've learned to live with that and is decently happy as long as i pass

>You guys don't even take shit like non-STEM classes like we do.

Isn't that a good thing? Why would I pay £9k/year to study physics and then be required to study medieval languages?

it's a good thing yes, but you guys are calling us yanks brainlets when we get jewed and have to work harder.

What the latter user said. Why the fuck would you want to take completely unrelated classes? Especially if you pay lots of money for it.

Why is it a good thing? Do your future employer value that one history class you took four years ago worth 5-10 credits?

I know we are jewed like crazy here and our GPA's can get absolutely fucked over by a general education class, but we the students are not brainlets for it. We are just good little goyem.

No, I'm saying that the exclusion of those classes is good. I'm jelly.

120%
-40%

>best
100% in Microbio (my major)

>worst
hmm, if we're going by percentage then bacterial pathogenesis at 45% but the averge on the midterm was 50%. If by furthest from the average it would be a 45% in biochem metabolism when the average was a 62%

idk man, my philosophy is "just wing it"
I don't check my grades
they haven't kicked me out yet so I must be doing ok

>33% on a thermodynamics exam
>100% on same class's final

Just managed to scrape out a B with that final.
I guess I just didn't think I'd need to study/memorize all the different engine cycles

Nigga in the UK 70% is equal to the 90th percentile. 100% is unheard of.

>Nigga in the UK 70% is equal to the 90th percentile. 100% is unheard of.
Why are no UK students smart enough to get 100%?

Some do, so yes it's stands true I'm a brainlet.

My worst grade was on a combinatorics exam; professor didn't even give me back it, because I wrote nothing but my name. Obviously I failed the whole course and had to take a final exam; the day I did it professor told me "I did not put any combinatorics question so realize how much I spoil you". That was very nice of her, but I think she did it because combinatorics was an extra topic we weren't supposed to study.
>Mfw due to that I passed the course

My best grade was on analytic geometry, 98%.

98th percentile in the PSAT.. had I taken the SAT and graduated I;d have beena national merit scholar and one of four including myself in our school.

My worst was when I got like 80%

Only A- I ever received in Uni was in biocalculus

I worked my fucking ass off all year and had a mid-90 grade, probably a 96 or 95. Final comes around and I abosultely tank it. I don't know what happened. Night after night I was studying for it, probably 40 hours in a week on top of all my other finals work. God a 68 on it. Brought me down to a 91 in the class, and I had to live with the blemish of a A- on my transcript. I was beyond pissed and really thought I fucked up my chances of going anywhere nice for grad school. it all worked out in the end

>best
100%: First-semester ochem exam on electrophilic addition

>worst
45%: Calc II exam on sequences/series cuz I hadn't gone to lecture in like two weeks prior to the exam. Still got an A- in the course though thankfully.

a&f

I passed my materials science course last semester with a 52%

>worst
physical chemistry test on stat-mech
>best
120/100 on my unit-ops II midterm about separations processes.

It was 30 on stat mech.

>Studying 40 hours a week for a single final
Hahah what a brainlet

The worst exam grades I ever got were on Physics tests. (sub 60%) Then I taught myself the problems instead of listening in lecture and aced the exams. Physics teachers are fucking trash.

Story please? :^)

Freshman year of HS I got a 99/100 multiple choice in the biology midterm... people accused me of cheating, small drama ensued. My dad really just had me watch a series of lectures on dvd on it during the summer before the semester, so the whole shit was review. still got a B in the class. The reason being is that you NEEDED to have your HW/assignments in the middle of the desk by the time she walked around the class picking up homeworks or she wouldnt accept them, end of story. I blanked and lost hundreds of points in one go one day.

I also once got a 102.5% on a physics test, but it was too easy so i can't count it

Lowest was like a 50ish/100 on a multivar calc test. i hate that class.

Best: 100%
Worst: 0%

>I've got full points in several exams. (I major in math)
You clearly don't go to a top 5.

I dont understand shit

How does grading system works up in the north

Here it's from 0,0 to 5,0, but it's pretty common to get 5 if you're good enough

I've got 5s on 3 calculus midterms, and my worst was 1,5 from physics I (from rectilinear movement to friction, yes I'm retarded, yes I live in a third world country)

is this commonplace?

How did you manage to get a 21% on a CS exam?

Once got 97.5% on a differential equations and series / induction test in my freshman year

Biochem here. Am taking first course in the series

Any advice?

>Why are there spares if you're not allowed to use them?

I'm assuming there weren't any spares.

Back when I was in university, whenever we had exams they would stress that they didn't provide any and if we forgot it we were out of luck.

I think partly it was a "personal responsibility" thing, but also the uni didn't want to be responsible it the calculator was faulty / went flat partway through an exam.

>5/5 on Calc 1.
>1.5/5 on Physics 1
>rectilinear movement to friction, yes I'm retarded, yes I live in a third world country
Literally me, senpai

no op is von neumann

Didnt know how to program any of the things I was being asked to do. I completely blanked it, couldnt get the methods to compile. I didnt study so I deserved that, it was 100% my fault honestly

I got 200, when the maximum is 100, and I still don't know how their stupid computer accepted that input
it brought my average score to 120, which somehow STILL got calculated.
I felt like being in a shitty. half-assed uni when it happened, but also had quite the chuckle

100% in programming
26% in calc 2, why the fuck is it so hard

120% in programming, because American grade inflation + teacher likes how I implement things

230% in a history exam, because I was the first student in over 20 years to get 100%. I don't even like history, I think it's a bit of a waste of time when studied as a career.

Of the course that I have passed:

Best:
Discrete Mathematics 10/10
Complex Analysis 10/10
Algebra 10/10

Worst:
Stochastic Processes 5.5 (I still don't understand why I got graded so low)

100% in Algebra
0% in Calculus

Memorise

I got a 0% on a midterm because I did it in pen.

40 points above the average on Organic chem test

50% on a latin exam, later withdrew from the course

Best: 97%
Worst: 52%

Both in Organic Chemistry, ironically.

wtf, how is that legal
no redo?

>Tell class to write in pencil
>They still write in pen
Deserve the 0% desu

35 in a Data Structures exam, but that was just because the day before was one of the worst days for me.

Forgot to add that my best was 100% in a Linear Algebra exam. But it was okay, only the first half of the semester was covered.

98 and 36

>there are people out there who have never received a 100% test grade

like >50% of my tests have been 100%
lowest grade was a 48 on a QM test (disgusting) but class avg was 43 so meh

100 and a whatever a D is
that sounds good but my grades are actually really shitty
>tfw smart but lazy ecksdee
>tfw ready to die

Only ever gotten perfect grades, but never went to uni

STFU

112% on some mechanical component design midterm.

17% on a linear algebra midterm because the grad student thought it would be a good idea to teach the class as set theory. Passed by the skin of my teeth after abandoning her lectures for MIT opencourseware instead.

>Best
103% due to 'bonus questions' bullshit in a classical mechanics exam, thought I would be first in it but no, my rival got 108%

>Worst
6% in a very easy abstract algebra exam. Theres was no fucking way I got that low so I went to the office the next day, told them to remark it, they told me I have to fill in a form and pay $60 if I want it remarked, ok, fine, did it. hear nothing, if I ask its just 'in progress', eventually 4 months later they call me 'No sorry they cant, the timeperiod to request a remark ended 3 months ago'. Didn't even get my $60 back and had to retake the class, got 96% final mark the second time.

God I hate my university.

If I dont count that fuckup them my lowest is something like 48%, just below 50 somewhere.

All of my undergrad bio courses were easy as shit, would always get 90%-100%+

Wouldn't show up to class, review the material 2-3 days before the test, and bam, ahead of the curve every time.

What made this great for me was the groups of pre-meds and other "gunner" majors would study more, perform extra homework modules, and still get lower grades.

Lowest test scores I've ever had were in Philosophy of Logic (60%), and Discrete Mathematics (50%)

For logic, the professor used his own textbook as the course material, and it was like reading the Bible or some religious text. It was so ambiguous that all the concepts were written in a way that was "subject to interpretation," but if you didn't interpret it the professors way, he'd fail you.

Discrete, well, fuck proofs.

99% Advanced Quantum Mechanics
68% Second year maths

UK btw

100% in Intro to Computer Programming
45% in Critical Writing (the professor was a biased asshole)

I also got 95% in Linear Algebra

98.5% computational statics and dynamics
53% fluid dynamics and hydraulics,

For some reason I thought that because I aces thermodynamics and SOME concepts carry over I wouldn't have to study as hard for fluids, I thought wrong

nigger how could you fail fp2 that badly

best 100%
worst curved, 15% or so (was a B)
worst non-curved, 65%. was trying to study without being on adderall.

Got a 100% on a general bio exam. But, that was intro shit so it's not really a source of pride.

Highest upper-division was on Organic Chemistry 2 final, 99%

Lowest has been a 70% on a physics 2 exam. I spent too much time prepping for Biochemistry, underestimating how much studying I needed elsewhere. I was completely blank on two problems. Felt awful.

Wow that remarking bullshit sounds fucking awful.

The worst thing like that I've experienced was a theory exam for a lab class. I gave a textbook answer and they marked me wrong, and then refused to regrade because I "wrote it in pencil and it could have been altered".

It actually dropped me down to A-.