When did you realise Medicine is the king of STEM?

When did you realise Medicine is the king of STEM?

>extremely high salaries
>guaranteed respect
>top of the queue for immigration
>literally save lives as a job

>literally just memorizing a bunch of prescriptions

no thanks, would rather do real science

More people are killed taking medication than ever before.

Medicine had big bias Survivor, if you want money STEM + MBA

The older physicians began the prescribe-away pattern. Nowadays, medical schools are privy to the issue.

>another idiot who thinks memorization is how to pass medschool

Medicine is much more than memorising shit

When did you realize that most ailments are ultimately caused by an easily fixable, unhealthy lifestyle that people avoid changing due to laziness and which can in many cases be ameliorated most effectively through home remedies, and that therefore half the entire medical establishment is a money-grubbing farce wherein hedonists are promised easy fixes in exchange for money, thus giving them side effects and most of the time leaving the chronic problems unresolved?

>home remedies
don't tell me you're on about lysophilized vitamin c or any other pseud bullshit?

You have to be normie-tier outgoing though since you need to do a whole bunch of extracurricular activities to even be considered for medschool

You have to have great grades, disciplined enough to balance social responsibilities, extra curricular, and athletic training in order to make the cut, so clearly doctors are high-IQ and have willpower/discipline

From my experience they aren't incredibly creative because they never applied their discipline to an art, but that doesn't mean they don't have talent.

>memorizing a bunch of shit
>getting replaced by expert systems in a decade
>interacting with the general public
>being around sick people
>calling yourself doctor when you've never done research
nah

STEM is a meme, i'd rather sue the doctor as a big buck lawyer boy

t. premed

and even with all of that, their "research" is fucking pathetic lmao

go watch them present a couple papers and bring popcorn

>thinks medicine saves lives
OP is guaranteed a Jew shill

alright mister anecdotal evidence.

what's wrong with medical research?

>hhmmm?

CompSci, OP.

We're working to replace you.

Meh, most doctors will be outsourced by AI within the next few decades.

>literally saves lives as a job
having to save idiots

do they even do any research in med school?

Modern Medicine is still basically just advanced herbalism. We barely understand whats going on with all of these pharmaceutical cocktails we are feeding people.

yes , they do

no, modern medicine is not just advanced herbalism

no, they don't barely understand what's going on with all of these pharmaceuticals

>FDA process takes fiveever
>not to mention the dangblasted research.

>yes , they do
can you elaborate?

>can you elaborate
to a certain degree
many medical schools have become research focused - it's become part of the md curriculm.

I don't know how many medical schools do incorporate research. I haven't looked into this niche to a broad degree. I know only what is within my proximity.

I'd wager the lower tier med schools do not encourage research. Research is expensive !!!

im not a premed. I am an actual doctor. You cant memorize your way to a degree like medicine

You are factually wrong. If you are talking in the semantic sense like we don't know what's going on with electrons moving through a wire because electrons by nature are weird as fuck then yes. In a general and applicable sense no, every once in awhile there is a snafu but even just to generate a drug target there is extensive testing both computationally and physically.

Herbalism was, herb prepared this way makes symptoms better. Therefore herb plus another might cure this illness with similar symptoms. This obviously doesn't work as it has no room for the actual issue at hand just the displayed symptoms.

As medicine developed into its modern form the focus shifted from the medicine used to the underlying issues. That is the big difference.

>$250,000 debt
>out around 30
>pay off debt by 40
>finally start saving and having a family

Fuck med school.

>Military medical program, debt free at 30, pickup young fertile wife, make dosh for 20 years, sell practice at 50, move to self sufficient wilderness compound, children and grandkids visit on holidays, travel the world to a new place every season, live extended and fulfilling life, die.

Sounds fine to me desu.