What happens to a person when they get caught in a nuclear blast? Do they just basically disappear?

What happens to a person when they get caught in a nuclear blast? Do they just basically disappear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWcWHNmltPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends on proximity. Assuming no obstructions between you and the blast, then if you're "very close" then yeah you'd probably effectively atomize. Further out, what happens is you burst into flame as a result of the burst of infrared radiation. Further out than that, you get crushed/hurled to your death/have your organs ruptured by the overpressure shockwave. The distances involved depend on the power of the weapon used.

Add in the danger of flying debris if there ARE obstructions about, that may also be what kills you if you're in the outer overpressure kill zone.

This diagram is for the very modest Hiroshima/Nagasaki weapons, 16 and 22 kt respectively. If we're getting into the megaton range than if you're within a kilometer you'll basically disappear.

Shadows and dust, Maximus!

so basically the kid got utterly disintegrated and her dust got stuck on the wall? Is that what the shadow is?

if you get atomized is there basically nothing left of you?

No. The light the child absorbed was not able to reach the wall, just like normal shadows. The rest of the wall got bleached slightly longer by the intense radiation, so it appears slightly brighter. No dust involved

spoopy, really makes it seem more tragic
really dramatic shit

There's a video of a girl slipping on a rock and sliding into a pool of lava. When the lava wave hits her, she basically erupts in a mushroom cloud as she is instantly vaporized. Nothing like you see in the movies.

fake
youtube.com/watch?v=mWcWHNmltPY

its fucking fake

Of course. But, that is what vaporization looks like.

It looks like bad special effects?

>There's a video of a girl slipping on a rock and sliding into a pool of lava. When the lava wave hits her, she basically erupts in a mushroom cloud as she is instantly vaporized. Nothing like you see in the movies.
That's fake you retard

The bad effects are the lava waves. That doesn't happen. However, the smoke and stuff is what happens when you put something with lots of water into something ultra hot. If you've ever dropped anything into molten iron it is quite impressive, though the explosion is a bit much too.

Welcome to the thread.

I heard it's fake.

I have once experienced it. Get behind cover or you will be blown back and be burned by the heat. The radiation is not the worst part of such an explosion, and a mushroom cloud is a lie. Explosions don´t spread just up. If you are immune to radiation you´ll just feel the heat of the radiation untill 32 degrees Celius. Some people don´t even lose their hair or get mutated children. A radiation level up to 30 is in the allowed scale, but eat salt, a spoon full in a day is not deadly i have tested it. You even can eat plutonium without dying if you are like some Tschernobyl guys that are called stalkers, i was forced to test it, damn united abominations. Do you know those funny american school viedeos where they get in cover under tables? The wall seems safer to me. Exego non altere ad frigt, causa ego destroyere nuklear substanci in past.

Ego forgetere in past: Drink water as much as you can without getting water poison illness. And never go to an onkology guy if you have cancer, because they give you radiated fluid that causes cancer, my father died from it. Loss of hair and stomach ache and such. Onkologists are assholes and deserve to drink their poison. I´m the only good onkologist, because i say don´t use chemo therapy instead do sport in fresh air and eat healthy food, drink water not beer or else. And drink antiseptic tea like camille or peppermint or green tea. There are even some plants i know but i can´t tell ya because you could find similar ones that are not healthy. They call it chemo therapy but they don´t even look after their patients. Ego revengere in futur.

Ego forgetere in past: Cancer is killed by a degree of 42 Celius, but radiation fluid only can get up to 32 degrees, thus these fluids are useless and dangerous, beware.

basically this guy you could also add that the inmediate burst of gamma radiation that results from the blast will make your chances of surviving longer than a week less than 1% at a distance that is farther than the range at which debris may kill you.

Also, clouds of radioactive fallout can get formed and give you anywhere from a mild to a sever case of radiation poisoning, basically anywhere on the planet depending on the severity of the nuclear interchange.

You're also very likely to die from the resulting collapse of infrastructure that even 1 nuclear explosion would cause. Lack of food water shelter and security would be very likely. Basically the threads that make up civilization would collapse.

Last but not least, enough nukes could trigger a nuclear winter which could result in your death, anywhere on earth.

in other words, nukes not even once

What if anakin was a girl

That one is fake, and gay.

You can get shadows of people from a nuclear blast, caused by the person blocking the initial burst of energy which melts the surface of the rest of the wall -- if that causes a color-change, you can see the shadow afterward. Not in that detail, since people vaporize pretty fast.