What if it's a mistake in biology to localize organs and organ systems by spatial location? In other words...

What if it's a mistake in biology to localize organs and organ systems by spatial location? In other words, what if things in multiple locations in the body are better viewed as a single organ, or even as a foreign organism? You could connect them by their chemical and electrical communications systems (are there any other types? temperature? heart rhythm?) by viewing them as embedded in a topologically complex 4D spacetime. What about the human eye? I seriously think there's something relativistic or quantum going on in there and it's connected to the brain by some sort of abstract high dimensional geometry. Same with the ears.

Previous Veeky Forums threads

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YQ56M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The tongue is more soft, so instead of high dimensional geometry, it may be connected to your nervous system and to sound waveforms and taste-whatevers by an abstract high dimensional topology instead.

What about applying the same reasoning to an electronic, optical fiber, or radio network (or a social network, if you get very abstract)? In other words, can you factor out the communications protocols being employed by sub-components of the network itself into their own separate abstract high dimensional geometry/topology?

To torture the metaphor a bit, you can view natural language (or programming) idioms as semantically connected networks of meaning-organisms attempting to communicate in this way.

To give grudging credit to the East Asians, Jews, Christians, Muslims, Indians, Native Americans, and Africans, in roughly the semantic order in which I just thought of them, you can also view human names as a name-organism of all the people that had that name and all the inter and intra name relationships and activities they ever had or could have

This is just sociological though. You could also apply this directly to genes and the RNA and proteins involved with them to organize those into topological bundles of what they are trying to communicate, as well as what they are trying to do both in 4D physical space and in N-D body-topological space

You could do the same thing in financial markets and general economic models by bundling game theoretic or combinatorial options market based rational agents into communicating and cooperating/competing topological bundles this way

Why is there something quantum about the eye or the ear when they can be explained by biochemical pathways?

Don't do drugs kids.

The weird thing about models like this is that scale itself becomes a (scalar or not) parameter along which things can vary, including the entire topological structure and "rules" of the local area

I dunno, my way might explain it better or more simply if I think about it more. Obviously it's not much use as it is now.
Bad advice tbqh

Maybe you can make a visualization tool that takes an arbitrary data structure and shows all its behaviors and relationships in a visually expressive way, if my hypotesis that this information is modelable from this topological perspective is correct

Now that we have the technology to make fully 3D holographic animations and interactive visualizations, the methods for doing this are a lot more versatile than 2D blackboards or printed books

Now that I think of it, since animations can display behavior over time, if you're brave it might even be possible to do this with an input of arbitrary functions instead of just data structures. Conway's game of life rules would be an example of a simple function like that which is easy to visualize well

Arbitrary subdivision and scale are useful mental tools just about anywhere.

Cool idea tbqh
Maybe that's what the soul is

>I seriously think there's something relativistic or quantum going on in there and it's connected to the brain by some sort of abstract high dimensional geometry. Same with the ears.
>it may be connected to your nervous system and to sound waveforms and taste-whatevers by an abstract high dimensional topology instead.
into biosemiotics already
there is abosultley nothing quantum about it, biochemical pathways cant explain how we abstract meaning from those chemicals,
explain with biochemistry how i can smell some chemicals in shit and know that they mean shit, with biochemistry, you cant.

i think about this alot but i have no background in doing pure math and have just began to learn first order logic, so bear with me
take an agent capable of interpretation and make it a node A
take another node B in a 3rd dimension and make it something capable of being interpreted
connect them using this dodad model that connection by setting the domain as all the relevant information that can be interpreted make the extension of B equal to that domain
and the extension of A everything it can interpret from B
then ass-sign a referent or whatever and use some probabilistic wizardry and you got yourself a network, now use dynamic games,?, profit
the nodes on a plane would never connect to themselves, they would walk through a higher dimension to connect

Also, what do you guys think of this time series visualization idea?

commemorating my 404d thread

>nothing quantum about it
that's what i said
>biochemical pathways cant explain meaning
yes we can and you just contradicted yourself

what lol
We smell shit from particles in the air getting in our nose and we have evolved to know that they are harmful. Are you a brainlet?

If I evolved to know what shit smelled like it there would be a clear biochemical mechanism that relates that particular chemical as shit.
Let's avoid shit because you seem easily confused, take for example, coffee. Do you think knowing that the particular chemical cocktail we smell and interpret as coffee, is genetically encoded, an innate part of our biology. That's bullshit, show someone who as never smelled "coffee" and espouse them to the smell of "coffee" and asked them what that smells like, see if they answer "coffee".
The ability of certain physiochemical stimuli to mean anything implies a higher order abstract process where information is given meaning from the reciprocal interaction of information carried by external stimuli and the state of the system being stimulated.
This happens at a much more fundamental level, autoimmune responses, genetics, et cetera

I made an Othello AI that did some kind of A* search in RAM of board state space for a CS project in an AI class. Maybe something like that could help automatically locate and analyze Veeky Forums arguments or arguments on other social media or email or text threads

Check out my pictures of me working on my youtube channel and Veeky Forums shitposting during August. Not sure why iOS keeps uploading everything weirdly out of chronological order but the dates are all in the pictures, this is all just screenshots of the iOS photos app.

I honestly think based on the Scientology connection the August 17 gravitational wave detection may not be a coincidence.

imgur.com/a/YQ56M

0/3 Not even close. Apply yourself.

Reread previous statement.
> particular chemical cocktail we smell and interpret as coffee, is genetically encoded, an innate part of our biology
We recognize the chemicals that make up coffee as a result of evolution and if we didn't evolve to do so we would not even be able to smell it in the first place. The molecules that enter the nose activate biochemical pathways which then stimulate an electrical response in the brain, where we either have the neural connections to know that it is "coffee" if we have learned what coffee is or not.
>show someone who as never smelled "coffee" and espouse them to the smell of "coffee" and asked them what that smells like, see if they answer "coffee".
The chemicals in coffee are still coffee, even if they don't know what coffee is. Ability to perceive chemicals = obtained through evolution.

Review bio 1 before overcomplicating topic

This made me think of applying the notion of using an abstract high dimensional tesselation or tiling pattern (heh) that has edges and tessellation patterns outside of the dimensions of space that the tiles themselves occupy, making the pattern itself spatially non-contiguous

(This would all be instead of a high dimensional topology or geometry in my abstraction)

Might be possible to represent colonies of bacteria or things like that this way, along with their chemical signaling patterns

What does the negative space around a fully connected graph look like? Maybe it's full of fully connected graphs of integers that are similar to it in some way?

You can probably do something similar with tensors instead of graphs but then you lose the number theory angle

If you wanted to make a programming language out of these, the types and their data structure implementations, functions and control constructs and semantic type graph decompositions all practically write themselves. But what part of this mathematical object is actually doing the writing?

Let's say you spared just one dimension for time and a mere 10 dimensions to make a probability space, along with however many actual spatial dimensions you want, wouldn't that make the whole language not just probabilistic but outright stochastic?

The only possible REPL for this is an Oculus Rift VR animated holo-display

You can have more than one (or maybe between 0 and 1? like partially determined?) dimensions for time, but then you'd need some kind of arbitrary paradox resolution engine encoded in your probability / spatial dimensions

You can probably compress a number of spatial dimensions down into one or more phase-space (state space) dimensions as well

In fact, one dimension of time could be strictly orthogonal and also arbitrarily strictly "subordinate" to a second dimension, in which the first dimension appears as a time-evolving series of frozen dynamical processes

If the two dimensions are not completely orthogonal everywhere, then wherever they aren't the paradox resolution system which arbitrarily forces one to be subordinate to the other would start to slip out of control chaotically and become very difficult to program without maybe invoking a third dimension of time

If you're expecting something deep about religions, all I can say is that they probably found a way to map space to time (like with calendars) in a way that let them control three or more dimensions of time at once. There are 7 days in a week, 6 work days if you're a lazy jew, so that probably has something to do with it.

In fact, you can probably make a set of dimensions that are visualization parameters, and have all the visualization and serialization / deserialization auto generated for you

You could do the same thing with types or even NLP generated comments to make it more human understandable

Can one area of this object be naturally better expressed in polar, cylindrical, spherical, etc coordinates due to some vague notion of its shape?

This might even be able to auto-refactor a shitty existing legacy codebase or over-complex model, at least to some degree

But be careful that (((they))) don't put anything subversive into the part of this abstract mathematical object that's doing the auto-refactoring for you, or your whole system might start believing crazy things, even including the users and programmers as part of the system

What would Virtu (VIRT)'s historical virtu-all email threads and SVN repositories of code and scripts and settings look like in this view?

What would Veeky Forums, reddit, or facebook look like with this, for that matter?

For something less ambitious, how about a nondeterministic debugger that lets you visualize potential execution paths from any point according to likely state variables?

Isn't schizo posting great?

>where we either have the neural connections to know that it is "coffee" if we have learned what coffee is or not

what is trying to say is that there does not currently exist any good theory that precisely explains the thing that you call "neural connections to know what coffee is"

figuring out how "neural connections to know what coffee is" actually work is literally one of the greatest mysteries in neuroscience.

A nested hierarchy of dimensionality definitions like these could form a tree or graph like data structure that contains all the information about all the different coordinate systems but contains only one additional dimension in any given location on any coordinate system appropriate to that location (or you can even "import" a far away different coordinate system)

Areas that can be conveniently dimensionality-reduced this way can be described by a holographicity scalar value, or a full holographic tensor or even arbitrary discrete data structure

In fact, you can automatically generate an entire graph-like dimension chart from this, or even have the 2D splines be branes and make it a plane chart if you're into 2D. What would the 3D version of this be?

a 3d-fractal based biological body.

You can generalize this to an abstract idea of information connectivity, where each point in spacetime has not just some amount of information, but also a set of spacetime connectivity routes to information elsewhere

I want this, also a Google Earth of it too, also am Assassin's Creed, GTA, SimCity, and Civilization of the Google Earth

You could add The Sims if you'd like an uncanny valley freak show, or just enter the anime or JRPG or Bethesda realms, but it would be more fun if it was just AR/VR and on social media with normal people you trust in real life, or at least on something like meetup

This would be an entire academic field's worth of behavioral economics and political science experiments

You can also graph local rates of convergence to get a "calculation difficulty" score that might even have embedded in it an explanation for how and why a given problem is difficult and in what way. You can get an estimate of the surprisingness of a result from this, or the adjacency to relatively untapped intellectual territory and even the local shape of that territory for auto-generated roadmaps

Maybe someone can finally draw me an illustration of what "without loss of generality" actually means, which is one of many phrases I got from math textbooks that I've used often but whose meaning is completely incomprehensible to me

By the way I've been talking about my idea in terms of type theory and cons graphs, but also if you bolt some Prolog onto it like Racket can do with Scheme, you've got yourself a logic programming monstrosity. Bolt Haskell onto it and you might be able to extend Haskell with more dependent types stuff.

Hook up SQL and JSON, and you could have something so ACIDic it might dissolve the entire internet

Hook up BitTorrent as the backend, or even connect this directly to a torrent like protocol and have it route the packets by hand

Route the electric and magnetic bits through an ASIC level simulation of a computer system, and you have perfect peer to peer virtualization without any security whatsoever, for free!

You could even swap that out incrementally for FPGA level, CPU microcode level, assembly level, VM level, and compiled or interpreted bytecode level, to have a dynamically tunable simulation fidelity vs compute cost setting

This could even be run in reverse, to create software that can detect any kind of virtualization if you run it on a statistically equivalent enough batch of machines

I think it is much simpler to look at things starting from the brain, the eyes and then move downwards through the length of the spine finally with all the nerve connections being the end of one type of organism and the other being what we might understand as our body or suit and organ system.

Imagine a worm that you could attach to the back of the spine of a small mammal. It would integrate into the spine and the brain then proceed to control neuronal activity by sending pulses to the limbs. What you have is a highly complex piece of circuitry capable of processing information that is directing something which is more evolved to be a physical vehicle of movement. If you compare the bodies of badgers, foxes, possums and the like what you see is that our physical bodies as humans are almost identical to theirs aside from the dexterous nature of our hands and that our brains are much more suited for thinking as compared to simply reacting to an environment and the needs of the body.

If you are trying to make the argument that our physical appearance is just a slice of sushi, an anthropomorphized projection that is attached to or symbolic of a giant 4th dimensional slug, then I think you are going to have a harder time proving that.

Something like this OP?

Or this?

Looks pretty cool to me. Can you plug in any arbitrary function with or without side effects into your code and have it serializable into images or a movie in some reasonable way?

What would cut/copy/paste/undo/redo, code autosuggestions, a version control repository, a wiki, and an HTTP and FTP server look like in a picture like this?

Apply this set of operations to VM virtualization, and you have an entire operating system for free without ever having to write even a kernel, much less an actual operating system

Can you write a (de)compression algorithm as a zig zag or spiral motion along an axis perpendicular to an axis along which one direction is "packing" and the other is "unpacking"?

If you allow loop de loops, the model can be more complex but then you might have to use some kind of knot theory

If you add keyframe animation and blending, do you have an entire infinite-resolution holographic movie file format complete with branching timelines and plane charts?

This could be used for a visual novel style game as well, or if it could, against all odds, be made real-time with respect to human UI, even a more complex sort of VR game stored in a self-contained file, maybe streamed to you over FTP or bittorrent or whatever

How about error correction? I know we have error correcting codes in signal processing, but how about entire error-correcting fully peer-to-peer software?

I'm sure all the computer graphics people, if any are reading this, were thinking raytracing or raycasting engines, and it occurs to me that these could be useful as some sort of communication protocol and not just for graphics

I would also love to play an actual dramatized simulation game of writing software in more normal languages like Java or Python, or even a full silicon valley tech company simulator custom built for real companies, like the sports sim games. I think that could be done in this proposed language

>I seriously think there's something relativistic or quantum going on in there and it's connected to the brain by some sort of abstract high dimensional geometry.

Maybe the cones and rods in your eye, are projecting what you observe on the inside of your pupil?

Here's a programmer interview question - play this work simulator for one work day, and either improve the product you're simulatedly working on in some way, or improve the simulator in some way, using any resources you want, simulated or otherwise

that's deeply insightful, unless it comes from a biology textbook. if not, you're a genius whether or not it's physically true

A truly perfect movie would have a dynamic slider which controls the emotional intensity of what's going on. I could be like a Shakespeare play on an automatic loop through alternate universes.

Similarly, some regions might be better expressed in an exponential or logarithmic or polynomial scale, rather than on a normal linear scale. What would a picture auto-adjusted to auto-rescale everything in it according to some machine learned criteria look like?

The areas where there is distortion imposed by this rescaling would require N dimensional maps to navigate, but you can auto-generate those maps for each case, probably fairly computationally inexpensively (might even be linear time)

Or, in fact, any kind of time you want, since we're already treating time as part of an N-d manifold. Constant and linear time are 0 and 1, polynomial time is 2, etc

Actually, what 3 is in this case is ill defined, and could be a matter of automatically palletized personal taste, auto-adjusted for each region of space

What is the scalar constant implied by the progression implied by calling 2 "polynomial" time rather than merely "quadratic" time?

What's a numbering scheme where you can subtract "quadratic" from 2 and get that constant, and subtract "logarithmic" from 1 and get something else slightly greater than 0?

Can you do this with any undetermined real valued natural constants a and b?

If you add in "i" as a third natural constant, does that determine the number line uniquely?

How about pi instead of i? What makes i and pi different?

The complement of polynomial time is nondeterministic polynomial time (actually is it? I don't even remember that much). So maybe this constant is the constant of nondeterminism

Could it be a variable and not a constant? No because that sounds stupid in the context of what it is, and it probably depends on some kind of computational relativistic reference frame

Oh I know, maybe add to your model one axis of compute time and one axis of clock time and see how they interact. Same with compute space (disks and RAM) and physical space (volume or price of the power circuitry and hardware and stuff)

If you can make computronium out of this, you can make Minecraft blocks out of it or play Splatoon with it, or even Core Wars again

Can you model a stochastic gradient descent optimization process in a Minecraft model of computronium?

A small test project - can you cross-reference Netflix recommendations with the contents of imdb in an unsupervised way?

How about extremely detailed bag-of-words sentiment analysis with a number of dimensions that actually scales linearly with simulation granularity? Then combine that with existing NLP tools and you may have something that understands colloquial natural language

What could this do for music composition and recording? I'm sure Apple has an answer to that

I think somewhere in all these posts is hiding something that can only be called "nonlinear algebra". The spatially disconnected components are then just discontinuous in a multivariable calculus that uses this nonlinear algebra

I am aware of things like functional analysis, but I literally mean "nonlinear algebra", as in a kind of algebra that is opposed to "linear algebra".

Functional analysis just uses linear algebra again when things get non-linear, just in phase space. This kind of algebra is for things that aren't linear even with your most powerful functional analysis. You can even also probably make a discrete version of this, or semi-discrete

How would you characterize something that doesn't become linear enough for you no matter how many times or in how many places you try to linearlize it? Probably by the locations and methods used to linearize it, each described by a tensor or some other data structure, and then another tensor or data structure for the whole global space

Does this solve all of mathematics? Can mathematicians' careers still be saved? I think you can save them by applying ordinary theory of computation and showing that even at the limit of total solvedness, a computer can always just show you a palette of objects you've never seen before and you can do an infinite amount of math with them as a starting point, perhaps competitively or in gambling tournaments

Here's a mathematical sport - explain any physical object or abstract concept or human relationship as a single real number, and then explain why it is between its integer floor and integer ceiling, and why it's closer to one and not the other