At what age did you realise that Hegel was the philosopher for you?

At what age did you realise that Hegel was the philosopher for you?

I always realized it, it merely had to be retroactively fulfilled by its conscious emergence

how do you distinguish between hegel and jeckle?

hey, op, you're that 18yo in love with a 25yo amirite? you're cute

Not before I saw a YouTube video of zizek shilling him.

Reading Hegel is a lot like anime. Something has to HAPPEN to you while you read it that transcends the merely geometric improvement of your training, and leads to a wholly new revelation of both understanding and power for you. You need to have the moment where you are broken and defeated beyond any hope of a comeback, and then you somehow tap into something deep inside yourself, and discover that you had the power to overcome all along, like JoJo mastering a new Hamon technique or Vegeta being able to beat up Frieza in at least his penultimate form.

Any purely linear reading of Hegel is no reading of Hegel at all. If you haven't been completely transformed by Hegel then you haven't properly apprehended the anime battle that lies underneath

Is that a saying?

When I came to Veeky Forums to ask which philosopher is for me and stumbled into this thread
Fate

i'm 23 btw

Is it really worth reading through the Phenomenology of Spirit in this day and age? Is it really? Can't you just get your necessary Hegel from secondary sources?

jej

Because the issue is which secondary source? They often have radically different viewpoints and interpretations dating all the way back to the Young-Right Hegelians. You'll never have an authentic viewpoint of Hegel yourself if you don't attempt your own close reading and evaluation.

>Reading Hegel is a lot like anime.
Stopped reading there.

I bet you didn't

>the anime battle that lies underneath

is this real life

I'll get there eventually I guess. I only read things that make me think and ponder reality of things, that's why I sadly can't stand most of philosophy which isn't that.

Dialectics are bullshit.

Thats kind of the point of dialectics

indeed

how is time travel going for you?

shit like this is why Veeky Forums is my favourite board.

real life is overrated

have you seen that post by the guy who analyzed a garfield strip comic? shit is crazy

he's also a STEM major
kek

yeah but he got some part of his analysis from Veeky Forums and most probably he watched the lasagna cat comeback video

because other boards won't take you nicely