Going to a Zizek talk next week, what am I in for?

going to a Zizek talk next week, what am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A waste of time and money, assuming you're not lying. I know you wouldn't do that, would you user?

I'm not lying.

*Sniffs*

The same things you've already seen on youtube. You can't expect standup comedians to have new material for every gig.

>lying

The man does more gigs than the Stones, it isn't hard to see him

How do I know you're not lying.

Ask him to come to Veeky Forums

>I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments

Now coke is warm, commodity is turning into shit

>implying zizek wouldn't love the autists here

youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs

zizkek

zizek

>relatively new to university, don't study philosophy but interested in it and decide to go to some talks
>no friends
>zizek giving a talk at my university a couple of months ago
>the floor opens and the audience can ask questions
>i stand up and mutter 'but zish is an anomoly slavoj because...' in perfect slovenian philosopher accent
>i've tried to block it from my mind
>because no one knows me they think this is how i really talk and zizek doesn't pick up on it either before going into some lengthy diatribe completely separate from what i said
>cute girl comes up to me after the lecture and asks if i am slovenian and to invite me to some drinks with the philosophy undergrads
>i've kept this accent up for months at this stage, it's just part of my life
>when will it ever end

I have friends now, but they think I'm slovenian and they call me Zizek. What can I do Veeky Forums?

live in a less lame wish fulfillment fantasy

Then I will see you there, my man

jej

Burgers.

sophistry

Infinite jescht by Hegel's revenge on mankind.

infinite jetzt

infinite später

Funny

I had a dream last night that Zizek passed me by on the street somewhere near my house and I asked him if he was Zizek and he said yes and for some reason he followed me home and laid down on the floor and become unresponsive and wouldn't leave.

i saw him a couple weeks ago at UCLA. if seating is limited get there at least 15 minutes early, lots of people got turned away and were banging on the door the whole lecture.
The lecture itself is pretty neat. He mostly just straight up reads while seated, with some anecdotes interspersed throughout where he looks up and gives the classic zizek delivery. I probably understood only half of what he said because it gets pretty complex, but he then ties it back together with an anecdote before moving on to his next point which is usually barely connected to his other points (he's all over the place). I wish I'd taken basic outline notes because it's pretty dense and when I stopped to think about a concept I'd miss another. Also just the sheer number of topics covered make them easy to forget.
People who ask questions are always fucking retarded, and he'll have to go off on some tangent to provide an interesting answer to the non-question.

You are in for, I should think, you know... and scho on...