When did you realise that women lived life on extreme easy mode and living life on autopilot was asking to be used up...

When did you realise that women lived life on extreme easy mode and living life on autopilot was asking to be used up and spat out by corporations?

When did you realise that scientism has replaced religion among stupid people? When did you realise that social scientists are the new priests and witch doctors?

When did you realise that there are no books that "the elites" wanted to hide from you and the opposite was much closer to the truth, where the surfeit of proclaimed "essential" books was used to stymie critical thinking? "How can you question policy X when you haven't read 1000 pages of Plato and Locke? How dare you try to separate an idea from pointless historical context?"

When did you realise that literature, like all dying art forms, had become primarily a social signalling mechanism for pseudo intellectuals?

woah user, you should really write a book on this

riveting stuff

Using the scientific method isn't an "ism" you idiot.

When did you realise that the witch doctors were just the new alpha chimps? When did you realise that all the "tools God didn't want you to use" were really just superstition to keep you in check? When did you realise the One God was the new shamanism? When did you realise Bear-King was the new pack leader? When did you realise "language" was just the same as when you'd piss to mark your spot?

Agreed, but New Atheism is scientism. Established religion is just as bad though.

We need more Spinoza

God is real

>When did you realise that women lived life on extreme easy mode

I still haven't realized that because it isn't true.

> and living life on autopilot was asking to be used up and spat out by corporations?

Realized this about six months ago, I guess. I smoked a bunch of weed and read the Unabomber's manifesto. Since then I've been trying to not live my life on autopilot. Concretely this means I cook for myself more, I go outside more, I play less video games, and I read more (though provoking) books. Teddy was a violent monster but some of his ideas are OK. I'm going to try and change myself before I think about changing the world.

> When did you realise that scientism has replaced religion among stupid people? When did you realise that social scientists are the new priests and witch doctors?

Dunno, I kind of realized that one in college I guess.

> When did you realise that there are no books that "the elites" wanted to hide from you and the opposite was much closer to the truth, where the surfeit of proclaimed "essential" books was used to stymie critical thinking? "How can you question policy X when you haven't read 1000 pages of Plato and Locke? How dare you try to separate an idea from pointless historical context?"

I don't think I've ever encountered anyone saying anything like that personally. Most discussions I have with peers revolve around contemporary news articles (Trump, immigration, etc.), not philosophy. I don't think the "elites" have an agenda as such, they are all collectively just looking out for their own self interests (or at least the interests they have chosen for themselves).

> When did you realise that literature, like all dying art forms, had become primarily a social signalling mechanism for pseudo intellectuals?

I'm still struggling with this one. I think you might be partly right, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy it anyway. Reading feels a little less stupid than mindlessly playing Overwatch for hours on end, but who am I to judge?

>When did you realise that women lived life on extreme easy mod
user, the world isn't just 10/10's from the upper class of a first world country. wake the fuck up.

I won't bother to answer the rest.

>It isn't true
Stopped reading. Beta male cuck detected. Get rekt in divorce court you fucking mangina. Go work yourself to death to feed a cunt that doesnt give a fuck about you

What the fuck is a 'dying art form'? How do you picture literature 'dying'? Like, will all people one day wake up and collectively think "you know what, fucking reading words"

This is a board for books you retarded faggot.

The marks of a dead medium are that personal taste is almost universally discouraged and the medium is prominently used as a mechanism for social signalling by pseudo intellectuals. With some other mediums this latter attribute may not be a death sentence but within mediums that have strong gatekeepers it probably is.

One example of a dead medium is theatre. One of the most common social signalling activities among pseudo intellectuals is praising Shakespeare. This is despite the fact that these same pseudo intellectuals pay close to zero attention to contemporary theatre or even past non-Shakespearean theatre. In most cases, Shakespeare's plays aren't even watched in a theatre, they are read silently in order to more efficiently gain the social signalling ammunition!

The sophistication of the self-referential Shakespeare praise systems has become so large that his plays are "taught" in schools and universities and it is a commonly held belief that somebody needs at least a PhD in English Literature or Philosophy before they can "understand" or "grasp" one of Shakespeare's plays. It is not widely known that Shakespeare himself had less formal education throughout his entire life than a 10 year old who was born in 2006. It is a common belief among today's pseudo intellectuals that Shakespeare learnt to write plays at the University of Oxford.

OP is clearly from first world country. A true beta cuck that have it easy complaining about muh >society

Fuck you, OP. You are weak.

This user i Like, you are right user

>you know what, fucking reading words
What did he mean by this

OP you have to go back to

WHO KEEPS DRAWING ALL THESE PEPES
WHERE DO THEY EVEN COME FROM
IT'S BEEN YEARS AND NOBODY WANTS TO ANSWER TO ME

>When did you realise that women lived life on extreme easy mode and living life on autopilot was asking to be used up and spat out by corporations?

Women who manages to live in optimal conditions are living a relatively easy life (no fucked up education, history of abuse, poverty, deformation, early pregnancy, etc.). I would not conflate those numbers, though.

>When did you realise that scientism has replaced religion among stupid people? When did you realise that social scientists are the new priests and witch doctors?
You're 150 years late on this.

>When did you realise that there are no books that "the elites" wanted to hide from you and the opposite was much closer to the truth, where the surfeit of proclaimed "essential" books was used to stymie critical thinking? "How can you question policy X when you haven't read 1000 pages of Plato and Locke? How dare you try to separate an idea from pointless historical context?"
Have you ever heard a member of any elite saying this? We're not living in the 19th century anymore mate, that kind of bourgeoisie is completely dead.

>When did you realise that literature, like all dying art forms, had become primarily a social signalling mechanism for pseudo intellectuals?

This part is a bit too generic, be more specific.

Not a pepe
Its teh Helper

>women live

Never in my lifetime

>insecurity: the post
Nobody gives a flying fuck which books you read

I'm pretty sure that you just don't get how people could ever appreciate art without being interested in its contemporary counterpart.
Is there really a Shakespeare equivalent in contemporary art? A Petrarch equivalent in modern poetry? A Bach equivalent in music?

The answer is no: contemporary to art is way too different from what has been going on for most of our recorded history, therefore it makes sense to have such prejudices.
Regardless, those works you're disparaging are more often than not instrumental if you want to understand a good chunk of modern and contemporary art.
who would ever go to a theater without knowing anything about Shakespeare?

When I was 18.

Most women in the first world live in optimal conditions. If we compare the lives of men and women in the first world then wouldn't you say that in general women have easier lives?

I would say that they're on par, the worst you can say is that ugly men have a harder time having sex, and that ever once in a while divorces will ruin certain men.

That said, the women who don't meet that standard are living a objectiely worse life than men who are not living easy lives.

>ever once in a while

I think it's way more frequent than that.

Lmao no. Don't spook yourself.

Have you got any stats on it? This opinion (on divorces that end up in disaster) is pretty much speculative, so I'm not putting that much weight onto it.

Someday, assuming you ever grow the fuck up, eventually you'll realize:

1. Women's lives aren't that different from men's, especially after your 20s, and your idea of women is based on a fucking illusion. The autopilot comment is hardly news. Corporations chew us all up, regardless.

2. That this is horseshit, and stupid religion is still alive and well, and that anyone dumb enough to prefer stupid religion to dumb science is a moron.

3. That calling anyone well-read "elite" in 2017 is hilarious, since 99.99% of the population doesn't give a shit. There is virtually nobody you can impress with your reading outside of a university English dept and a few coffee houses and this weird place. The "elites" of anime knowledge have more social
cachet.

4. Knowing that you'll "no true Scotsman" your definition of literature to defy any comment, I'll ignore this bullshit. Nobody cares what you read.

Fuckoff lipgloss. Here on Veeky Forums we're anti positivism and pro speculative reason.

>the "elites" of anime knowledge have more social cachet

This is brutally true

>On par
Hahahahhahaha.

"Scientism" is not about using the scientific method you ignoramus.

This.