J.K. Rowling confirms her new book will be titled Lethal White

>J.K. Rowling confirms her new book will be titled Lethal White

>The Cormoran Strike crime novels, written under Rowling's pseudonym Robert Galbraith, follow a private investigator and his assistant.

Why are modern authors so terrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailykos.com/story/2014/8/22/1323898/--But-What-about-Black-on-Black-Crime-is-not-a-valid-answer-to-Ferguson-or-Anything
pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro
forbes.com/pictures/emjd45jd/j-k-rowling/#16295ee26825
forbes.com/forbes/2011/0606/focus-jon-huntsman-buffett-gates-charity-in-one-pocket-out-other.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>JK Rowlin
>author

>Crime fiction
Could there be a more tacky and gimmicky genre?

WE

Fuck white people.

Someone should kill Rowling, that would make her work better.

When is she going to open up her house to needy refugees?

___ people commit ___ percent of the crimes despite only making up _____ of the population.

mayocide when

>Lethal White

Yeah that doesn't sound racist at all.

There have always been bad writers. They just get a lot of attention compared to the good ones.

dailykos.com/story/2014/8/22/1323898/--But-What-about-Black-on-Black-Crime-is-not-a-valid-answer-to-Ferguson-or-Anything

Internet was a mistake.

>Internet was a mistake.
twitter was a mistake.
ftfy

Internet was fine, social media is the biggest mistake or mobile phones. Voltaire said something about how things immediately go to shit if the public get in on it and he's 100% right.

>When is she going to open up her house to needy refugees?
Her very large house, you might observe. She has the money, space, and time.
She's just selfish.

Gay romance novels?

It all went downhill with the iPhone. Before that, very few people were connected to current issues and retards weren't given a say. Now with twitter and social media, every faggot has a say and acts like their opinion matters.

>implying it's not going to be about cocaine or or a mysterious fungus or something

>he fell for the elitist meme

You would have a point if we were not talking about J.K.Rowling. Of course it's going to be full of liberal propaganda

Just Walk Away From The Screen Nigga

pottermore.com/writing-by-jk-rowling/mahoutokoro
Students are presented with enchanted robes when they arrive, which grow in size as they do, and which gradually change colour as the learning of their wearer increases, beginning a faint pink colour and becoming (if top grades are achieved in every magical subject) gold.

If the robes turn white, this is an indication that the student has betrayed the Japanese wizard's code and adopted illegal practices (which in Europe we call 'Dark' magic) or broken the International Statute of Secrecy.

To 'turn white' is a terrible disgrace, which results in instant expulsion from the school and trial at the Japanese Ministry for Magic.

wtf? i hate ___ people now

Harry Potter really was just her hitting the right notes at the right time, huh

it's better to be lucky than talented

Jk Rowling is in no way indicative of "modern authors"

That sounds like absolute garbage. Looks like she's trying to capture the weeb audience now too. I'm sure that her picking white to signify criminal activity, and disgrace, isn't just a coincidence

>mahoutokoro
???
That
Fucking
Name.

cuz it's the opposite of black, probably.

It saddens me Rowling is more well known than the likes of DFW or Don Delililo.

DFW is pretty well known though.

>blonde blue eyed white liberal female
Of course she's more well known.

Reminder that Hogwarts is built on a foundation of house-elf slavery, and when Hermione objects to that fact the narrative simply mocks her with "SPEW" jokes before moving on, never to address the issue again.

Didn't they end that in the final book after Harry buried Dobby?

>the final book
I really don't want to think back on that train-wreck, but you might be right

idk having the gdp of a small island nation in your bank account and knocking out comfy detective novels at your leisure sounds like the fucking dream to me

my mum reads her Robert Galbraith novels

my mum's fucking plebian and knows it

Oh boy, I can't wait. I'm screaming like a little girl write now.

hygge gg

Something about detective novels are kinda comfy

>tfw you hoard the wealth of a small island nation and still claim to be progressive/care about working people

when has she claimed to care about working people? she only gives a shit about women, blacks and muslims

Books about my cum choking her to death lads

that was her entire fall back when she started complaining about Jeremy Corbyn like the braindead liberal she is. It was a literal billionaire talking down to working class people about what's best for them. People like Rowling deserve to be executed

Yep. Her neighbor is (top-selling Scottish detective crime novelist) Ian Rankin (who I've met, oddly). She basically decided to give it a shot because she liked his stuff (or to piss him off by outselling him, or something). I'm jealous of anyone who's independently wealthy, regardless of what they write. She's no worse than most best-selling authors.

In 2012, Rowling became the first person to fall off the Forbes list of billionaires because of charitable giving. She had given away an estimated $160 million to charity, what amounts to 16% of her net worth. I'd stick to bitching about her writing. She's sure as hell doing her part for the less fortunate.

theres absolutely nothing wrong with elitism.

can you give sources on where she is donating
donating to?
The Clinton Foundation may count as "donating to charity" but it sure as hell is not to help the less fortunate

Lol, you serious mate?

>Rowling became the first person to fall off the Forbes list of billionaires because of charitable giving.
False.

Because you're a better judge than Forbes?Your Clinton Foundation crack destroys any shred of dignity you had.

The "first person" MAY be inaccurate: Jon Huntsman Sr. was reported to have fallen of the list in 2010. But that's A) not verified by Forbes and B) not important. Who gives a shit if she happened to be the first to have that happen? The facts about Rowling's actions are accurate (of course British tax rates played a role).
forbes.com/pictures/emjd45jd/j-k-rowling/#16295ee26825

Nice backpedaling, son. They also say in your article that it's combined with Britain's high taxes that bumped her off.

forbes.com/forbes/2011/0606/focus-jon-huntsman-buffett-gates-charity-in-one-pocket-out-other.html

I'm surprised that there are people so unself-conscious that they don't know how petty and poorly reasoned that whole argument is.

*self-unconscious

wrong again shithead

YA fantasy

>Lethal White

What did you mean by this?

White people are guilty merely by existing.

>author of YA novels is milking every drop of her commercially successful franchise
I don't get why Veeky Forums likes to shitpost about how bad she is and how she continues to exploit her universe considering only a fool would be impressed by her actions. She's just doing what any other author on her position would do. Damn, I would even go as far as say that you guys wouldn't think it twice confronted with a huge stack of money for writing some shitty universe for manchilds and tumblrettes.

Perhaps the only reason you get so mad with her is because you think you would stop after you get the money so you can do what you "really want to do". Guess what, you probably would change after such an experience and would continue to exploit your shitty novel despite feeling dead inside because this sort of people receive such amounts of praise (undeserved and from plebs who haven't read a single good novel, but praise nonetheless) that they just can't stop. What makes you think you're so special that you would overcome such temptations and actually pursue your dreams? There's no warranty of that.

It's not like there's any space in the current literary canon for something groundbreaking or profound. There's perhaps the biggest book market in the entire human history right now, but most of it it's crap that tries to emulates the experience of watching a TV show or tells a "moving story about someone who did something amazing" with overhyped critiques and comments from other "important authors". I'm no way a cynic, just a realist (though t b h that's exactly what a cynic would say), and when I see you guys complaining so god damn much about fucking JK Rowling, a hack that most likely will be forgotten in 30 years so it will be replaced with the new hot shit, I just see your own immaturity to confront the current state of literature.

>modern
You mean CONTEMPORARY

Underrated post.

It's got nothing to do with her writing and everything to do with her character.

Why? She personally is in a much better position to help refugees than the average person. If she feels so strongly about it why doesn't she take some in?
She's advocating for them to be allowed in, but is that only on condition that they get sent to other people neighborhoods?

She did her part, she used her influence as a celebrity to support justice and humanity for these poor souls

What have you don?

She did her part on the assumption that she personally would never be personally inconvenienced by it.

She gets hate on twitter from racists all day evey day. Imagine getting 900 tweets a day calling you names and making weirdly specific death threats towards you and your children.

Is that not an inconvenience?

Not as big an inconvenience as has been put upon all those who now have to deal burgeoning massive criminality from refugees who are poor and have nothing to do all day.

So everyone must be exactly equal? That sounds like communism

No, it's everyone must follow the golden rule: Do not advocate for accepting massive amounts of refugees unless you are willing to personally care for some.

>writes fantasy series about white wizards
>sjw ideology reaches peak on twitter
>like did you guys know that my books were full of gays, blacks, and jews? I didn't actually make it a point to write them in but they were totally within my imaginations of my fantasy world even though I never gave them any due. Yaaaasssss progressiveness! Slay! Fugees welcome

Hahaha nigga just close your eyes.jpg

>she spent 160 million to help people
>Oh yeah? If she wanted to really help people, she'd live in the slums! She's a fraud! FAKE.
Who the fuck wants to be inconvenienced? Who gives a shit? Nobody wants strangers in their house and she still gave away more money than you'll ever make in your whole life. Talk about sour fuckin' grapes. Don't even fucking pretend you'd give even a quarter of that to charity if you had her money.

Give me a break. This problem isn't about any one celebrity. Our entire society needs to accept refugees, we all need to be committed to it. Instead of asking celebrities to help, we should all be saying "what can we as a society do to help?"

The text of the series lends itself so much more readily to a counter narrative.

>Wizards have to segregate themselves from the unwashed masses of ignorant, superstitious Muggles or face persecution
>Live in a gated totally separate society
>Only Muggles that can immigrate into their society are those with sufficient potential and ability to integrate peacefully

>she spent 160 million to help people
A real act of generosity and bravery, I'm surprised she could make it through the winter with what she had left.

>Nobody wants strangers in their house
Nobody wants violent shitskins in their neighborhood raping and stealing either but that sure as hell isn't stopping them.

yeah, i'm sure all the starving kids she fed are just livid

>Do not advocate for accepting massive amounts of refugees unless you are willing to personally care for some.

Why? Should pro-lifers be forced to adopt x amount of children? Should animal rights activists give themselves over to be experimented on in the place of animals? If you support the death penalty should you have to kill criminals yourself?

Which is good. The point is that she gave practically nothing. The bare minimum, all calculated for publicity and tax considerations.

so? how much have you given?

Lol. Once you reach a certain amount of money, using it for good publicity is a lot more beneficial than buying another house or private jet. Rowling isn't some charitable saint that did it out of the goodness of her heart--it was done entirely out of tax considerations, and to provide a smoke screen for the fact that she really is not a good person

Yes to all three. Unironically, especially the third one.

Almost every single character who thinks muggles are inferior is portrayed as an irredeemable villain. One of the main villians goals is to eradicate them. Everyone hates him and is very ashamed of his actions.

How are you too stupid to understand Harry Potter?

Proportionally, a lot more and not to the benefit she gets. You seem excited for no reason.

>hurr durr she's being racist against white people

"Lethal white" is a genetic disease in horses you uneducated barbarians. But my, are you people quick to offend.

>Responding to arbitrary examples and not responding to the heart of the discussion.

the point is, is that she gave money. you can hate her, god knows i don't give a shit about her, but that doesn't effect the money she spent.

demanding that people "prove they're legit" infuriates me. She's richer than you, fucking deal. People upset that rich people can afford to do extravagant things is an exercise in stupidity.

>rawenclaw is jew! ashkenazi dna realism!

I don't hate her. Of course it doesn't effect the money she spent. I'm just not sure why you're praising her. She gave next to nothing for reasons other than charity.
You're acting like i'm advocating her not giving money. I think you're willfully being dense at this point.

An apt name for an era than can elect someone like DRUMPF

k. Then "yes".

>every weasley ever is trans
what

What?

The reason that people bash rich people giving away money is because it's literally the easiest thing they can do. They're not actively working to help the cause, or doing anything directly: they're just writing a check for Reddit karma.

>only non whites commit crimes
I can't wait for neonazis to be purged.

Here you go, since you can't seem to read between the lines: society would improve if political ideology were forces to be acted upon in policy. If you vote for a policy, it is recorded and you are required to act in some way to support that change (like jury duty, not a huge commitment, just a likelihood of having to put your money where you mouth is).

I think this would make people less likely to spurt bullshit opinions that impact others a great deal but are disconnected from their own lives.

because i don´t trust publications and anons on face value

and how did my "crack" destroy my dignity?
but sure if that didn´t fit into your worldview replace clinton foundation with PeTA

I thought maybe you meant that but it was so childish and dumb that I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Most people pay taxes either income/property or of some other form, they deserve to have a say in how that money is spent without being punished.You leave it to politicians to make political opinions either too expensive or for some other reason unattractive to have because of the personal cost.