Anybody here taken the physics GRE?

Anybody here taken the physics GRE?

What year did you take it in? Score? Tips? Where did it land you/ how much did it help you?

Thinking of trying to go for 990, how much will that help my Stanford application?

Bumping.

Talk to your physics professors, they will know more about it than the autists here

Final bump. I thought everyone here was a supergenius doing a PhD at MIT :/

keep CRISPR out your mouth you dirty physishit

Everyone knows physicists will rule the world. You'll be my wagecuck editing my DNA to make me even smarter.

I took standard gre just last week
Got 157 and 166 lol
Do I need to retake?

Out of 1000?

> Not getting 170 quant on a test of babby tier math
> Not getting 168+ verbal

I have been told by a guy who knows a lot about biotech programs that the most bleeding edge programs are at ucsd and the uc in la
Best of the best in the world

Nobody cares

Ooh shoot I was responding to a different thread. That made no sense out of context

Tfw autism genes get spread by mosquitos

Bump.

I got in the mid 700s back in 2014.

Honestly, you need to do as many of the practice tests as possible.

The main reason is that similar problems show up on future exams, and honestly you can't fully solve all of them in one test period. With the time you have and the number of questions, you are gonna need as many shortcuts as possible.

Make sure you really study only what is on the test. Some of the questions are hard, but not because they are actually hard, but because it is hard to remember absolutely every equation. Know the very basic, important equations and that should get you pretty far.

I remember when I took it, the hardest actual problems are gonna be your physics 1 stuff, but in terms of all the quantum/thermo/EM stuff, the problems are easy, you just have to know the right equation.

Hope this helps.

Did taking all the subject matter of GRE in undergraduate classes beforehand help? I'm thinking of taking it my sophomore year this summer, I believe I can cover the subject matter but I want to know if I'm being realistic.

Why not just wait? There is no point to taking it that early.

thanks for posting this, it's helpful

If I score high enough, I can basically skip a bunch of classes here.

and considering how late I'm graduating, it's a big deal.

I took it in about 2002. Got 60% in the exam. Helped me understand space time is warped not that gravity is a `force'. Made me think about matter (what we are made off). Came to conclusion its the same `stuff' as light but trapped in little whirlpools maybe.
Enjoyed it. But annoyed the course dodged complex numbers in the 4D space time coordinates, because that really leads to strange ideas (such as time is really going backwards!)

Bump for this