CLIMATE CHANGE DEBATE:

CLIMATE CHANGE DEBATE:

Prove to me that climate change is real.

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticalscience.com/argument.php
skepticalscience.com/surface-temperature-measurements-advanced.htm
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=23m10s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What more proof do you need than a photo of an emaciated polar bear?

In real science (except from maths) you do not prove anything, you only attempt to falsify a hypothesis.

You have to hand in your Veeky Forums membership card. Now.

We live beside a star. The planet is going to heat up and eventually burn up.

this

checkmate climate change deniers

>How to Start Shitstorms on Veeky Forums 101 - Veeky Forums

How can there be global warming when the earth isn't a globe? Wake up sheeple.

My nigga been taking Slim Fast.

>not southside paradise

>blueberry what did you call me?

> science
> math
Pick one brainlet.

I'm too lazy, but at the end I can't even prove to you that I in fact exist, so at some point you have to believe in something.

That something could be formulas and data, and with those you can calculate for yourself this climate change business.

Easier still, you can believe in almost all the scientists, in the same way you believe them when they say neptune exists, or atoms have electrons, or such claims. It's basically the same level of confidence.

Easier still, I can bring you a couple graphs, and you'll have to trust me that scientists did those and did them right. Those graphs can be trivially found at google, and they show temperature slowly increasing over decades.

In the end, it's all about faith in someone, be that person me, the journalists, the scientists, the mathematicians, your senses or your memory. And you will never absolutely know if any of those is lying to you.

Have a nice day.

OK.

Mmmm, no the exact opposite will occur. We aren't getting closer to the Sun and it's not getting stronger.

>Mmmm, no the exact opposite will occur. We aren't getting closer to the Sun and it's not getting stronger.

It is, like 1% every 100 million years or so. In 1 billion years (4 before it becomes a red giant) earth will be too hot to sustain life, or its oceans.

>Only going back to 1880
>Only using temperature readings
>what is urbanization
>what is solar seasons(yes, the sun has seasons)
So if I fart in the ocean and take the temperature to find out that it just became a little hotter, did I just prove human caused climate change true? Also, of course climate change is real, for a couple of months it is summer, a couple of other months it is winter, climate change.

But isn't science related to math?

ITT: sweeties who need to try again.

It just stands to reason
flat earth => flat temperature

Why even bother? It's like trying to convince an antivaxxer that vaccines work. You're going to believe you're right only because you want to be in the "out" group.

Just as there are no lethal substances, only lethal doses, a bit of skepticism is healthy; it is the basis for fact checking. This breed of contrarianism needs to die though.

Prove to me that you're not trolling.
Protip: you can't

You have to know basic middle school chemistry first OP.

>Solar cycles
Actually went down in the last 50 years.
>Uses trends in hundreds of millions of years to disprove a trend in only the last 100 years
You sir are retarded.

>tropical storm in Ireland
uhm...

The Earth is cooling off but the athmosphere is getting thicker, because all of the gasses making the athmosphere thicker. Cause the sun to reflect back and forth between earth, and its athmosphere more than usual. Resulting in more heat than usual. a.k.a Climate change.

desu i'd rather have global warming than global cooling. sure people lose their homes but its better than freezing to death.

God, what a shitty way of displaying information.

it's not about displaying information it's about invoking feelings nowadays

Right, and now I feel pissed off that somebody thought they could make a statement with such a shitty graph.

>muh nature cult
literally a religion. Telling us all to repent on our industrial ways and become Luddites. The whole green things was tried by the obama adminstriation and their true colors were laid bare for all to see, a pack of lying theives swiping at people's wallets and escaping to god-knows-where. i.e. soylndra and the rest of the green energy movement. The next step was to sell out the country to foreign interests. After that there would be a presitly order of technocrats to shove everyone who disagrees into camps a la bill nye's fatwa.

way more dangerous is the fact that 99.9% of people looking at this picture won't realize it's about their feelings and now actually think they are informed on the subject by looking at a shiny graph even they can understand (in comparison to actual graphs where you need to read what you are looking at)

empirical evidence is garbage you ivory sophist

It's real, the question is, is it man made

define it and prove it

> i have no argument

NO

skepticalscience.com/argument.php

It's not. It's just politicians and """scientists""" trying to grab your money by guilt tripping you.

Global mean temperatures are changing
Mean sea level is changing
Volume of polar ice caps is likely changing
Average rainfall and weather patterns are changing
Atmospheric composition is changing
Ocean pH levels are changing

I was being generous. After all, maths is occasionally discussed on Veeky Forums even though it tends to be cliched and very very brief.

>Using temperature readings from a time when we didn't even have consistent ways to measure temperature.

The world records of temperatures set in the 1800s were invalidated multiple times due to the unreliable methods used to measure them.

skepticalscience.com/surface-temperature-measurements-advanced.htm

It's not natural for these things to change over time??

>way more dangerous is the fact that 99.9% of people looking at this picture won't realize it's about their feelings and now actually think they are informed on the subject by looking at a shiny graph even they can understand (in comparison to actual graphs where you need to read what you are looking at)
This is the very core of propaganda. People tend to act on emotions to a far, far greater extent than real hard facts. It has been this way for a few millennia and there is little hope it will change anytime soon.

> i don't have an argument

Its real, but humans have a negligable impact on it.

Earth goes through ice-ages every so often, it just so happens we're alive as the planet enters another one.

Polar bears are cannibalistic. If they can't even give a fuck about their own species why the fuck should I give a fuck about them?

stay woke af breh

Climate change is real, climate of Earth is always changing. It has those cycles leading to iceages and then warm periods.

Real question is are we causing it or its artificial thing pumped up by greedy politicians.

Next question: will it really be so devastating yo our civilization. They claim sea levels raise by several hunderds of meters. But never tell you that it may happen over few hunderds of years, and that its not meters but centimeters. Holland is under sea level and they somehow manage it.

I remember ozone layer paranoia, yes we averted it, it was real thing, but those prophercies about UV radiation, earth looking like mars etc. Just watch weather in "soylent green" and orginal "blade runner"

>sea levels raise
such a tired meme
Yes it will happen but will just be expensive instead of lethal in this century (in the 1st world)
What will really hit us in the next 20 years will be the drop in food production.
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=23m10s

It's not real.

the earth has a naturally changing climate season (not taking about weather)
we recently had a small ice age in 1600-1750
we also know of the giant extintions and giant ice ages the thing is that i cclimate change on long scale is hard to measure there are so may variables some we not even know about YES the climate is changing and humans are responsible but WE DONT KNOW FOR SURE TO WHAT EXTENT WE ARE RESPOSIBLE FOR THAT CHANGE I IT IS NOT USEFULL TO SPEND TRILLIONS ON SOME THING WE CANT PREDICT the best way is to move to sustanbiliy slowly without without wasting money

Embarrassing post for a science board

The relationship between CO2 and climate is so straight-forward and uncontroversial that it really takes a proper brainwashing not to see it.

Not only is there a good first-order relationship between CO2 concentration and the mean state of the climate (high CO2 world --> "hothouse", ice-free state; low CO2 world --> "icehouse", continental ice sheets), but there's also evidence for the effect of carbon injection into the atmosphere on much shorter timescales. The Eocene hyperthermals are a famous example and there are even more significant events (so called "greenhouse crises") during the Triassic. They coincide with peaks in CO2 concentration and are accompanied by major faunal and floral turnover and extinction in both the marine and terrestrial realms.

The people who treat this subject as some sort of joke are being both incredibly inept as well as fantastically irresponsible.

That's what the large amount of research shows

have you stopped using aluminum already user?

I don't think anybody debates or doubts if it is real we just don't want to pay half our income to a bunch of marxist douches because of it!

I don't see how any of this changes the fact that the climate right now is changing at an unprecedented rate.

We had modern thermometers and standardized measuring techniques in the late 1800s, which is why the data starts there.

I find it funny that one moron replying to me criticizes me for not going far back into the past while the other criticizes me for going too far back. It's sort of like how creationists can't agree on which fossils are ape and which are man.

>I don't think anybody debates or doubts if it is real
But they do.

>we just don't want to pay half our income to a bunch of marxist douches because of it!
Nice alarmism.

This fast? No.

> Nice alarmism.
Quiet down Commie.

Look at your paystub,,,, oh wait this is Veeky Forums.

>duh commeez iz takin ur jahbs