IQ SCORE!!!

Can I be a great programmer if my IQ is only 122?

I just got tested the other day, and I was certain I was going to be 130 or above, but no.

The average IQ for compsci majors is 125.

My dads iq is 138, moms is 132, and sisters is 135. Wtf god?

Pic is how i feel with my family

I have an IQ of 923 and I couldn't become one.

try again.

with that iq you can only code in javascript sorry

You were doomed to be a retard the moment you took an IQ test

but you can, if it's your passion, teach african refugees javascript.

>Can I be a great programmer if my IQ is only 122?
Not a chance. Sorry.

My intelligence quotient is over 25 standard deviations above the mean. Try as I might, I cannot even understand nested for loops.

Why do you care? Just do it if you want to do it.

just become a liberal arts major

IQ has basically nothing to do with programming, so why not?

no no no no - yas yas yas

t.man that sez he kanz and t.man that sez he kantz is both usually right

Sure can. Just take your dream and study serious. The average IQ of every group of people is 100. Also in the new program class. Think about it. You can study anything you LIKE, just put your heart into it.

I have a confirmed IQ of 170 and am struggling to understand the basic principles of Java.

Good luck my friend

Yes it's more than enough, 100 will do. Don't expect to write complex software for cars or hospital equipment though.

IQ threads should be banned. I'm tired of coming here everyday and seeing someone ask "Can I be a(n) [entirely achievable career for anyone who is not retarded] if I have a brainlet IQ of [115-139, which is actually well above average and irrelevant to individual achievement]". Just fucking stop with this meme already. If you let your IQ decide your future, you're a little pussy and deserve to have the mediocre life you think you are doomed to.

Haven't been tested for IQ, but I figured out bubble sort on my own before they taught us any sorting algorithms. 32 on ACT, 26 math 36 science. What do you think my IQ is with that data?

For real, though, how valid is an IQ of 125?

Bubblesort is one of the worst sorting algorithms so discovering you can nest two loops to sort through in two different ways is nothing special.
your IQ is probably around 125 like me.

Okay. A lot of things still require study if you want to do well or be knowledgeable. once you have the knowledge you can be a useful person in that field but not really someone who is coming up with new concepts.
at 125 you should be able to understand most concepts with study and a teacher.

125 sounds like bitch tier. I'm in Veterinary and it's fucking kicking my ass when I used to get 20s in high school, semi.effortlessly

what IQ do you have to have to learn things through books with absolutely no teacher?

Over 8000.

i do this all the time and im a brainlet

Well learning entire concepts through only books isn't a good idea. If you means learning things through teaching yourself, i would say that upwards of 120 people start to become more capable of this as they get more intelligent. 120 minimal self taught increasing there after.
I imagine someone with 160 being able to be entirely self taught. However even geniuses don't have infinite time so they still usually focus on one field or area.

>CS majors have almost the exact same IQ as you
>c-can I be programmer?
My cousin has an IQ of 90 and I was able to teach him to program.

This, when my programming teacher explains a concept, I just google it and I learn it faster and better than he can teach it. More time to work on what I need to.

Where should i go to take an IQ test? is there any good free online one?

I have an iq of a little over a hundred and make over 100k a year and am completely self taught. You might have a higher iq but that doesn't mean a thing when working toward a goal.

no, this question disqualifies you

So if i rediscovered 4-way in-place radix sort when i was 16 am i at least 130 iq? Plz user, give me hope.

Oh man. You said what nobody here is gonna like.

>muh smarts