Why is society still not accepting of autism, even when science is on our side?

Why is society still not accepting of autism, even when science is on our side?

How useful is someone that can do something really well if they can't do the things that allow them to do that thing they can do well?

What cryptic user is trying to say is that social ability is very necessary to be able to perform well in anything. Autists spit in the face of traditional respect.

Was going to re-write it but then thought it kind of proved the point.

Who are these people treating autists shittily?

Bow before your overlord

Chris-chan has a lot more wrong with him than just autism, have you seen him recently?

Every normal person, sperg

Link to article?

>[CITATION_FUCKING_NEEDED]
I'm sorry, what?
Most of modern science, including mathematics, advanced due to these so-called useless (to you) high-functioning autistic people.
I have Asperger's syndrome and yet am a perfectly capable father with this 'grievous deficit'.
How about you both fuck off you jealous neurotypical subhumans, we're the next step in human evolution and I've made sure my autistic genes are passed on.

If you have Asperger's and you suck at social interaction you have no excuse. It's slightly harder to interact with people, but you just fucking work around it like any other problem. Autistic people only become useless when the autism is so severe that they can't fucking talk.

Talking is highly overrated, all you need to learn is the art of social engineering and manipulate your way through any and all social interactions that you're forced to endure.

What I meant is, when someone is so severely autistic that they can't talk, it's typically coupled with an inability to understand other people so severe that they can't even really be an idiot savant. I do believe that any but the most severe autism cases can learn to navigate social situations even if it doesn't come to them naturally.

You're conflating higher-functioning autism (including Asperger's syndrome) with low-functioning autism (classic autism).

Don't they have a below average iq ?

Yeah, if you're categorizing it like that, I am. I just always though of them as on the same spectrum. Honestly, I haven't given the classification of autism disorders much thought. I thought high-functioning was an outdated term that was replaced by Asperger's. Am I wrong?

I dunno man, I don't think it affects IQ that much until you go low-functioning. You don't need to be super smart to do decently in social interactions, you would just need someone to teach you.

There's actually an interesting discussion to be had about that.
There's actually some debate whether Asperger's is simply a accidental synonym for high-functioning and that Asperger's shouldn't be used as a result.
When it comes to the spectrum I'd opt for loose categorization for semantic purpose, rather than objective archetypes.
As in, someone has enough autistic traits to be considered autistic and is high-functioning (they are capable) then you would categorize them as having high-functioning autism.
Yet, when neurological abstraction is to the extreme of almost complete esoteric manifestation of psyche, so that the resulting neurology is incapable, then that person is most certainly low-functioning.
Comprenez-vous?

It's not the only mental illness not accepted. People think of it more like an attitude and therefore acceptable to hate. They really can't understand it. But other things are similar. People don't understand add or depression either.

Autism specifically is itself not perfectly understood. We're still debating over causes and there are enough different categories and people are definitely not going to be assuming every autistic guy is really a misunderstood genius.

I think situational autism should be researched more. Idk. I read this thing about a girl who was basically kept in a closet to the age of 7. She was fuckin retarded. I think there's a sort of dissociation about autism. People are still trying to understand what the fuck it is and normie normal fucks will alwaysthink it's weird because basically anyone who isn't their definition of cool is entirely wack. In fact most people of all groups think that. In fact autists think that. U fukin hypocrite.

Also anyone who really identifies as autistic must be literally autistic lol

There is no evidence autism provides any intellectual benefits, which is why there are both low and high functioning autists. Autism is strictly negative and adds a deficit to the innate cognitive capacity of the afflicted.

If you can't grasp this than maybe you are low functioning. You should obviously love yourself and try to live a normal life. I'm just not sure your're fit to conceptualize your disability.

>Didn't bother to read the OP, or the easily sourced journal.
Nice try.

I suppose you could think of it as a spectrum ranging from whatever "normal" is, to completely and utterly nonfunctional on the other extreme. Thing is, you always need to compare a patient to something else. It's really easy to tell when two people have different degrees of autism, but there really isn't an absolute scale. If you measure the "degree" of autism in someone, you're really comparing them to some set of values that is considered normal. You can't have objective, direct measurements, because you're always measuring behaviors, and you can't just have someone tell you how autistic they are.

Also, what if there's something past normal, on the other end? Is there such a thing as hypersocial people?

Linking an article that cites a meta analysis from 2011 which reads, "recent data and PERSONAL EXPERIENCE suggest that autism can be an advantage in some spheres.

Clearly you are fucking stupid but thats ok, your disability permiates your being in ways you can't control. Maybe in another half a decade when stem is completely infiltrated with illiterate ghouls this type of mindrot will gain more traction. Go take care of your family you insufferable moron

>be autist
>get forced into stem because anywhere else is off limits
>publish paper """showing""" autists superior
that'll teach those normals

I didnt say they were useless you illiterate nigger. It is a given that mechanically speaking, autists and spergs are far more qualified to do any and every job than normies, being that they are generally emotionless robots performing at top efficiency when it comes to their craft.

But there is such a such called paying your dues. It involves grovelling and being a good subordinate little pet for your superipirs in order to move up in the job world.

>superiors

Superiors

If autists and spergs were given first chance at everything it would be shitting all over the hierarchy thats been in place for thousands of years. Progress and efficiency are important, but it is a tough pill to swallow also that peoples feelings really do matter the most gemerally.

>such a such

such a thing

>Our
Autismo detected

What the hell does grovelling and shit have to do with being an efficient and skilled worker?

I agree, but for a different reason other than feels. Most people at the top not only know what they want to do and where to move the group, but can also communicate the idea to the rest of the movers. Typically why you see managers who are shit at the little things of subordinate jobs, but know how things generally run and how to organize the subordinates.

>Improved visual processing?
Check
>Improved long-term memory?
Check
>OCD about certain interests?
Check
>Unique cognition of reality compared to neurotypicals?
Check
>Picking up on details neurotypicals don't?
Check
>Better pattern recognition?
Check
>More acute senses?
Check
>Higher occurance of savants?
Check
Gosh, 'no' benefits at all!
Thicko' jealous neurotypicals are the funniest.

>what does grovelling have to do with being an efficient and skilled worker

Nothing. Its all about the hierarchy. I guess a better word would be agreeableness