Julius Evola

How does one truly "Ride the Tiger" in 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

amassing wealth, influence and arms

lift weights, shitpost, read books, mountaineer explore, network with other likeminded people build things go to church
youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

What's this current obsession with hitting the gym? Shitloads of people my age all go to this box filled with stuff to pick up and do the most boring mechanic routines in order to achieve... what?
Abs? A "hawt bodayy" for girls to like? When you see Veeky Forumsfags talk it shouldn't be about that because then "you're 'that' guy". So apparantly it's for the homoerotic displays or some self-transcending value you can easily achieve through meditation.

Which is the most important example of riding the tiger you missed in that whole dumbfuck list, you somatic dolt.

why do you have such a hatred of physical strength?

In the lieu of the possibility for achievement or challange to prove oneself insecure young men search for superficial ways to constitute a masculine identity

Its utterly obsolete and sentimental

I sincerely hope you're not serious
start with the greeks kiddo

>he thinks he can be a /pol/cuck "christian" while riding the tiger

I want to look sexy and even as an adult people bully me so I want to be big and strong so they leave me alone.

I don't hate it. It's just a fucking fad. And be honest, it's the most boring type of physical exercise you can do.
Group sports would be far better if we're talking "riding the tiger" tier shit than some lonely alternation of movements with heavy stuff.

>What's this current obsession with hitting the gym.
They used to call it peer pressure.

It's a very strange phenomenon. They seem to think that a prerequisite for becoming a great man is to reach a certain standard on a few exercises, or to reach a certain thigh circumference. But they are ignoring the fact that just about every great man in history never stepped foot inside a gym.

In reality, the lifting culture (or what used to be called bodybuilding) simply leads to body dysmorphia, extreme diets and drug dependence, and it has little to do with health.

By putting a bullet in your brain

Group sports would mean they're actually being social, actually building networks and actually learning and enacting values by being around people.

Veeky Forums obviously isn't about that. It's not a guarantee you'll have that useless six pack to show off.

Have you tried just not being a bitch?

Go do some martial arts.
Lifting things isn't gonna make you a skilled fighter.

I have autism so doing that is psychologically impossible.

You exist in the physical world, why would you shy away from improving the one thing we use to interact with it.

That's probably a good idea but really I don't want to get into a real fight, I just want to be intimidating enough for people to stop picking on me.

>in the golden era, the berserkers became the fear of their day by going into the great hall to pick up things, drop things, and repeat. all in the name of Thor

This is what the alt right actually believes.

>You exist in the physical world

Debateable

>I want to be a literal frill necked lizard

Ok dude. Not sure if trolling at this point.

this thread is a living >tfw to intelligent meme

>I don't want to get into a real fight

There's your problem, you'll always be a bitch if you're not prepared to get your ass beat.

>"When we compare femininity with virility understood in material terms, such as physical strength, harshness, and violent affirmation, it is only natural that the woman, owing to her characteristics of sensitivity, self-sacrifice, and love >was regarded as the representative of a higher principle; . . . [i]n some instances, spiritual and even social gynaecocracy did not appear in effeminate but in violent and bellicose societies." RATMW 214

>tfw to intelligent too be a conformist pleb like all of the nontraditionalist normies

>he thought it was a meme

Well what's wrong?

Hurting people makes me feel bad.
Bullies also make me feel bad.

Why not just solve both problems?

solve all your current and future problems by killing yourself right now

>Evola doesn't believe in gorilla mindset

Holyshit what a libcuck

>Not wanting to be ripped and smart at the same time.

It'd be just like the animes. Or the Greeks come to think of it.

>Evola probably shampooed his hair as well

Impossible, disproportionate muscle mass is proven to drain protein from the brain

See? I want to be big so people don't say stuff like that.

never gonna make it brah

>not emulating the greeks in mind and spirit
>not realizing that physical exercise can be a form of meditation

It was easy to get ripped and still study when people were like four foot tall

JUST READ SUN AND STEEL YOU TURDS

HHHHRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

It's still easy.

Getting minimally ripped isn't really that hard, and if you do it consistently for long enough eventually you'll be properly ripped.

SORT YOURSELF OUT
ROUGHLY SPEAKING

Physical exercise of the gym kind isn't even remotely meditational with some Nicki Minaj blasting through the stereo, dudebro's grunting and a bunch of mute thots livestreaming their inane lifestyle.

Unless you wanna imply you're like an arhat level and can banish the demons while in the lotus position.

No one's afraid of you if you don't know how to fight even if you're strong.

Knowing how to fight makes you less likely to get into a fight. Trained fighters have much less to fear out of any melee scenario. Knowing what it looks like when someone throws at you, knowing what it feels like and how to react on an instinctual level makes you much more prepared to deal with physical confrontation. People who are trained in fighting are also to my experience less likely to fight one another because they have respect for the capacity of their opponent and understand the risks involved.

Don't forget the sweaty ballsack musk

Why not just get a gun

Youre a coward, but you at least have the motivation to try to mitigate your problems.

Don't let yourself be bullied. Build confidence in yourself and establish principles by which you live. These include defending yourself and not allowing yourself to be physically attacked.

>not having a home gym
you deserve everything that comes to you

>Physical exercise of the gym kind isn't even remotely meditational with some Nicki Minaj blasting through the stereo,
That's why you want to blast audio-books on some noise-cancelling headphones.

Yhe problem with having Veeky Forumsizens read Sun and Steel is that they will fail to grasp Mishima's views. They will end up confused thinking it to be some semi-polemic against words instead of the actual nature of the novel. What percentage of Veeky Forums do you think has ever truly encountered Mishima's "Opponent"?

Multiple reasons, but also, yes. Not every situation should be resolved with a fucking gun. Being strong, capable of dealing with escalation means more than just drawing a .45 on someone. If you do that, you're escalating, and if possible to resolve without firearms. Plus what if someone starts beating your ass before you can draw? Not saying guns are bad, I'm saying both are best

>Build confidence in yourself and establish principles by which you live
Any good books on this?

That, again, just adds to the isolation. It's really not fighting modernity when you're in your audiobook bubble sweating your ass off. Ok, so what, you got a bit more lean.
You're not really undoing modernity that way. You're a shining example of it.

t. new money

>Not every situation should be resolved with a fucking gun.

Bk2 reddit

cunt I spent less than 200 dollars on mine, all you need is a bar, weights and a rack

Probably a leftist.

>Physical exercise of the gym kind isn't even remotely meditational with some Nicki Minaj blasting through the stereo, dudebro's grunting and a bunch of mute thots livestreaming their inane lifestyle.

Well it's your choice whether you want to expose yourself to that or not, you can bring your own music or an audiobook of some sort, no one will bother you.

>You're not really undoing modernity that way.
Modernity is only going to end when it collapses in on itself like the big hot mess that it is.

This is the point of "Ride the Tiger", modernity has won, all we can do is personally resist it and prepare ourselves for its collapse.

And being a Veeky Forums fag is a necessary part of that?

Well obviously.

You can't start rebuilding a post-apocalyptic ultra-traditionalist kingdom without some muscle.

I seriously doubt that survivalism is why you do it.
Are you also learning how to hunt? Do you study botany?

you ever watch fist of the north star? It's like that

I'm not an Evolafag, I'm just explaining what he's actually about.

for the number of times this book gets recommended i think this is the first time someone sounds like they read the book

Weak people are cowardly people.
In nearly every case physical disability is the forerunner of personal cowardice.

The extravagant emphasis laid on purely intellectual education and the consequent neglect of physical training must necessarily lead to sexual thoughts in early youth. Those boys whose constitutions have been trained and hardened by sports and gymnastics are less prone to sexual indulgence than those stay-at-homes who have been fed exclusively with mental pabulum.

Sound methods of education cannot, however, afford to disregard this, and must not forget that the expectations of a healthy young man for a woman will differ from those of a weakling who has been prematurely corrupted.

Weak people are the only people who can not be cowardly

Weak people embody cowardice.
Their lack of physical strength translates into a lack of moral strength which amounts to the person being easily corruptible.
I'm sorry, that is just how nature is.
Society has been modified to protect the weak to the point where the status of victim is worn as a badge of pride. the appeal of being the victim is bourne on the wings of cowardice.
People of physical strength generally have stronger morals and are therefore less likely to debase themselves by applying the status of victim to themselves.

>Their lack of physical strength translates into a lack of moral strength
>I'm sorry, that is just how nature is.

>nature
>morals
What did he mean by this?

You're missing the point retard. The only time courage means anything is in transcending weakness
The strong are by definition less capable of being brave

>he's right
>chain of unsupported non sequitor assertions

By transcending weakness you become strong. By being strong you transcend cowardice.
Pretty easy, retard.

Not true btw

>By transcending weakness you become strong

Thats incidenental not transcendental, fucking hell
This is my last reply, I'm not wasting my time who doesn't understand basic philosophic vocabulary

>I'm not wasting my time who doesn't understand basic philosophic vocabulary

Your closing sentence makes no sense.
Go to bed, weakling coward.

you sound like you jerk off way too much

I obviously accidentaly a word

>incidenental
Also isn't it incidental?
Or is this a new philosophical term I don't understand?

Mods delete this board.

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

>Oh wow I can lift slightly heavier things and my body is more lumpy
>amazing

Only a coward would want to delete a whole board because they failed to argue their point well enough.
I imagine you accessorise your cowardice with physical weakness. It would be only fitting that those two traits would compliment your feeble mindedness.
Poor weak little man.

This level of insecure 'aestheticism' is sickening.

>It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

The strongest man in recorded human history couldn't lift more than the average walmart forklift.
The human body at its "peak" is still pathetic

>humans aren't forklifts
>how can pathetic humans compete?

I was just memeing but these responses were very insightful

It just displays how arbitrary and meaningless strength personal strength is today when pic related shits on all the worlds power lifters without even trying

>people shouldn't develop personal fitness because forklifts exist

Is this what transcending humanity sounds like?

Literally yeah, thats what they're there for

healthy
aesthetic
virtuous
fun

This is a ruse right? You can't actually be this out of touch with society/humanity

It's a good way to avoid being a complete wanker who tries to self-transcend through the meditation meme.

Dude you're the one out of touch, in real life where people have jobs a midget can get more work done with that little orange tractor than any man could with his flabby meat sack

ok mate but what about a situation where you don't happen to have a forklift just lying around handy? You know like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of your day to day life unless you're a warehouse worker

Why should somebody like you hold an opinion on something you've never experienced? Does it help cope with the insecurity you live with knowing you've never actually exerted yourself in life? In any case, stop posting.

An Olympic athlete can operate that forklift 77x better than a midget

In that case I generally use my car to move things around obviously. Or any number of the machines that mean I literally could live the rest of my life without any moderate physical exertion if I felt like it

Literally impossible

So say you have to move some furniture you what, crash your car into your living room and stick your lounge in the boot, and drive it to another room?

When you have to carry some boxes up some stairs, do you have a method for turning the stairs into some sort of ramp that your car can navigate?

And I assume you avoid all interaction with nature because that mostly involves walking or doing other physical activities that can't be achieved with your forklift/car combo? So you just spend your whole life completely cut off from the natural world?

So you don't look like this.

>So you just spend your whole life completely cut off from the natural world?

Damn right I do, fuck that shit. Won't care if I never leave a city again.

If I really need heavy furniture moved around I'll just pay some menial laborers to do it with the money I have from being qualified at far more useful skills that doesn't involve leaving a chair if I felt like it.