It has become impossible for me to continue reading this book for my Calculus 3 class...

It has become impossible for me to continue reading this book for my Calculus 3 class. It explains nothing and uses way too many unnecessary words rendering it a tortuous process to get across the most simple ideas. What are some better multivariable calculus books I can read?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html)
web.stonehill.edu/compsci/history_math/math-read.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Walter Rudin: Real and Complex Analysis

it's just adding up a bunch of boxes over over different volumes and surfaces

this seems like overkill for right now
oh good. No I don't need to read anything

>Bohemian
"Elementary Calculus: An Infinitesimal Approach" by Jerome Keisler (math.wisc.edu/~keisler/calc.html)
>Standard
"Calculus With Analytic Geometry" by Simmons
"A First Course in Calculus" & "Calculus of Several Variables" by Lang
>Gifted
"Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra and Differential Forms: A Unified Approach" by Hubbard and Hubbard
>Brainlet
"Calculus Made Easy" by Thompson and Gardner
"Div, Grad, Curl, and All That: An Informal Text on Vector Calculus" by Schey

>no spivak, apostol, courant
garbage

Vector calculus by colley

>he fell for the meme

This is what I used. Would recommend.

They're good you waste collector.

That book is pure garbage if you want to understand what's going on I'm happy someone recognizes it sometimes.

what about calculus the manga way?

Feynman volume II

>Feynman volume II
Feynman is a meme.

I think the book is not the problem

No, Stewart sucks.

Larson

Thomas/Finney

OP, you fool.
No one here can actually do math, only call others brainlets for posting calculus.

Post a PEMDAS problem to really get the board's noggin joggin

Not same guy but ya it's not the book.

Stewart is one of the easiest to follow books I've ever read. If you have trouble following it, you [s]might be[/s] are a brainlet.

web.stonehill.edu/compsci/history_math/math-read.htm

Stewart was pretty good book. Give me an example of what you're having trouble reading.

perfect combo
>MIT lectures
>stewart
do it

hmm that must be why its probably the most iconic, respected, and widespread set of textbooks in all of physics

Motherfuck Courant is literally the shittiest book you could ever recommend for a multivariable calculus course. The approach to Analysis taken in that book is so fucking retarded it might as well have been by Newton’s autistic gardener.