About to tackle this badboy

About to tackle this badboy
What am I in for?
What happened to the user who was supposed to make a GR thread everyday until I read it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Gravitys-Rainbow-Classic-20th-Century-Penguin/dp/0140188592/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fav book t b h
that edition sucks though

>that edition sucks though
why, I already have it so I'm fucked anyways

That's the best book of the meme trilogy. IJ is the worst, & this is by far the more interesting and fun read.

Is it really better than Ulysses? I just finished it, I don't understand how could anyone compete with Joyce, maybe I'm just overhype because I just finished

I adore Ulysses and would probably say it's "objectively" better, but I prefer GR. It's more relevant to today's world, more fun, funny, irreverent, and has lots of great sex scenes.

>IJ is the worst

do NOT bully DFW!

oh ok I got ya
I dont think I will finish the meme trilogy, DFW is a fun meme but after reading stuff about him and his ideas he seems like fucking retard, he was more than "depressed" that guy had some sort of brain damage or maybe a really weird case of autism
I enjoyed his "this is water" thing tho, I thought it was cute

I also downloaded the IJ pdf read a couple of pages and it just feels like he wants to be le so quirky just for the sake of it, in a really nu-male-ish way

That, his non-fiction, and his story "Good Old Neon" or whatever it's called are decent. I HAAATED Broom of the System. IJ has been sitting on my desk with the bookmark at page 200 for months now LOL. I started it after a big Pynchon phase and couldn't help but compare them. I should really finish it though.

Yeah I remember starting to read GON and I was enjoying but I was really depressed in that time and it was making me feel even worse so I dropped it
I dont remember where I have it now

return it and order this one online

it's the most recent edition without any errors, nice cover too

it's still cheap as hell despite possibly being out of print in favor of the "deluxe edition"

amazon.com/Gravitys-Rainbow-Classic-20th-Century-Penguin/dp/0140188592/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

This.
The vintage edition is good too.

this edition has missing sentences and typos

GR was edited in Brasil. Sold poorly and is out of stock at amazon.com.br
Here you can only buy a used copy for US$100.00

fuck.

>What am I in for?
goofs, gaffs, hijinks, capers, guffaws...

As much as I like Ulysses, my take is Gravity's Rainbow has a slight edge, i.e. coherency, to it that makes it a little more enjoyable.

are you fucking kidding me how did they manage to fuck up so badly
ffs, are those sentences really that important?
it took it like half a month to arrive this is hell i dont want to wait so long again
pls nuke me

Stop falling for this meme. It has one missing line that's been fixed in newer editions.

mine says "published in 2006"
did i get cucked or not

Go to page 139, and the sentence at the bottom of the page should say "Your task, in the dreams, is often to-"

And if it continues on the other page to "pens." then you have the "fucked up" edition, and if you really don't want to just get a pen and write in the missing part of the sentence, "cross under the trees through the shadows before something hap-" then you can get a new edition.

thanks, turns out i didnt get kike'd
wtf i love penguin now

Cool congrads. You can stop believing in the meme now. Literally no one has given proof of other missing sentences or egregious typos.

>not having this edition
pleb central

will I get the jokes if I'm not american?

joyce btfo?

ha

get on my level, pleb

how
does your dad work for pynchon

this is objectively best cover

Yeah. I met him a few times. He's a cool guy, but I think he steals cutlery every time he comes over to visit. We forgive him though because we like to think it helps his writing. Also he gives us lots of things like his Simpsons script.

2/10

the paparback of this viking ed. is fucking garbage

No it doesn't. The printings have been fixed.

This

probably not, but your average American wouldn't get them either

why not just read a few pages and find out for yourself?

1. do you know who Mickey Rooney is?
2. most of the goofs are slapstick

no it hasnt, it's blatantly a censored version

dont buy it

0/10, dont pretend, kiddo

>it's blatantly a censored version

prove it

prove its been fixed

Haha, argues w/ your children about which cartoons to watch, steals your nice cutlery--he sounds like a fun guest

that kid never met him, its not his pic, he's not fucking fred and phyllis, known friends of pyncheon

this is absolutely insane, tell us more fun stuff, post more pictures

user if it helps i have that edition of the book and it doesn't have any of the typos that were recorded. the issues must have been corrected pretty fast. check yours before you read but all may not be lost

he's lying lol

I figured he was their little son.

Pinecone's son is in his 20s at this stage

5 pages in and I dont know if my english I worse than I thought or this shit is just bananas

different user, is this worth reading if you've already had the "big twist ending" revealed to you?

>bananas

heh

yes absolutely, it's not a book you should really read for the plot anyway

>reading for plot
but desu the inside of the OP's edition cover and backcover totally spoil the thing
fucking assholes i hate penguin

user if you make a GR thread every day I'll comment on it

not a horrible opinion, with books like these it comes down to personal taste at a certain point, but I gotta say it's hard to beat Ulysses for me

>tfw you'll never crawl into a girls nose and unleash havoc

how about you read a fucking book instead of forming an opinion over the memes and opinions of others

same for you, read a book before complaining about it

7/10