pynchon
rimbaud

For me it's

Gaddis
MCELROY
Pynchon
Ishiguro
Dostoevsky

Lol fuck I miss george bush. He always made me laugh. Remember when he dodged the shoes.

Cervantes
Shakespeare
Joyce
Proust
Mcelroy

dostoyevsky
nabokov
cioran
mishima
pessoa

Bush was goofy, but not in a way that made you fear for the future of the country.

william saroyan
kenneth patchen
jane bowles
christina stead
jonathan swift

If you genuinely fear for the future of the country under Trump, you might have some kind of mental illness. He's a dildo, but this screaming, crying overreaction to his presidency is embarrassing.

>Dostoevsky
>Melville
>McCarthy
>O'Connor
>Pynchon

Not American so please excuse my ignorance but isn't the US president kinda just like a puppet. He's just for show. He doesn't actually make any decisions. They have to vote for his ideas or some shit?

Borges
Celine
Dickens
Joyce
Proust

that attitude is how bad things happen.

>don't worry about the moron in charge, plenty of morons have been in charge before and nothing bad has ever happened.

Not only is that false, but even if it were true it would be wrong to logically assert as well. You're the worst type of conformist, the one who does everything in his power not to conform.

What you are saying would be convincing if the founding fathers didn't warn everybody about this shit and didn't put checks and balances in place to stop this shit, and leftists didn't just shit all over their advice and hand over every power they could to Democrats like Obama not realizing that the presidency isn't going to be Democrat forever.

It's really hard for me to feel for people like you. You bend over all the time for people you think are nice guys and then some guy you don't like gets in and you realize he now has all the power you willingly handed over. And now people like you are talking about national popular vote, like having select populous cities decide what's right for the entire country is going to fix anything. It's stupid. You are the reason bad things happen. It's entirely the fault of fucks like you.

Dante
Wolfram von Eschenbach
Shakespeare
Balzac
Fiodor Dostoïevski

This is not at all what I would want or what I'm saying. The point is that a president has the power to fuck a country and anyone who doesn't think so are simply letting the chips fall where they may. This is how bad things happen, always being relaxed and unconcerned just because everything has worked out so far. Trump very well could be benign, thats not my point. It's just the attitude that we shouldn't care just because things tend to work out in America's favor is naive.

>cioran
>mishima
nice

Kierkegaard
Tolstoy
Solzhenitsyn
Mishima
Hemingway

Me
Me
Me
Me
Joyce

That's not my position. My position is that bad things have happened throughout the country's history and presidents have fucked the country many times over. Thinking that Trump is more or less likely to fuck the country than anyone else before him is what is naive. I don't have any special fear of Trump because I expect of him just what we've got from every president of the last 100 year especially. Only he hasn't got a smiling, pleasant face with it.

he dodged the shoes like a champ that was awesome but i wouldnt be afraid under Trump

Where should I start with Ishiguru? I love all the authors you posted.

Lol wtf is this shoe dodging shit?

youtu.be/TxNprnas7i8

That fucking cheeky grin afterwards. I do miss old Dubya sometimes.

>"It doesn't bother me. And if you want the facts: it's a size ten shoe that he threw."

Depends really. But everyone I know who has read him love the remains of the day. I also loves never let me go and the unconsoled.

Here.

Oh fuck that's hilarious. It's that smile and snicker I miss most

>absolute pragmatic skeptisim

Is the only rational opinion to have of politicians. The people lionizing Trump are almost as bad as the people demonizing him.

Bely
Mishima
Dostoevsky
Pynchon
Hamsun

>Everyone is stupid except me

>Melville
>Joyce
>Tolstoy
>Kafka
>Dumas

Lots of Pynchon, Joyce, Dosto, Tolstoy

IT DOESN'T BOTHER ME

The president of the US has the power to literally launch a nuclear strike whenever he wants.

No he doesn't

citation needed

Shakespeare
Franzen
Mishima
Dante
Oprah

Kawabata
Kobo Abe
Murakami (Haruki)
Pynchon
Borges

Dostoevsky, Homer, Kierkegaard, Tennyson, Sophocles

Objectively false

For me it's

Intelligent
Nihilistic
Wicked
Sense of
Humor

I'll do mine in order:

Mark Twain
Robert Heinlein
Yasutaka Tsutsui
Rod Serling
Richard Matheson

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

Because he spits hot fire?

Homer, Dante, Shakespeare, Tolstoy and Joyce. The four unimpeachable giants of western literature plus the one who I also love for more parochial reasons.

Milton
Shakespeare
Yeats
Goethe
Dostoievsky

>muh drugs
kys underage tard

Bordewijk
Bulgakov
Mishima
Jünger
Hermans