Let's see how smart sci is

A mountain climber has decided to go to China and climb a mountain.

He starts at 7 AM and reaches the summit at noon. The next day he starts his trek back at 7 AM and reaches the bottom at noon.

On his trek upwards and backwards, he will be at the same point on the mountain at a specific time. What is that time?

You are given no information about his speed or route.

Pic unrelated

That time is unique.
>proven by banach

>he will be at the same point on the mountain at a specific time
Wrong

Kys

Also, incorrect.

730AM at the halfway station of the cable car

He literally followed the same route up and down, so yes he will.

That's not how mountain climbing works

No, that wasn't mentioned in the question. kys.

So, what is the reason the climber is not at the middle point of the mountain at 9:30 AM on both days?

Because we don't know the speed he took. He could've gone 50 mph for a few minutes, sat down for an hour or two, walked at 2 mph etc

We also don't know the topography of the mountain. It could start out steep and get flatter before a vertical 200m climb.

He will be at the summit from noon to 7AM

You're all wrong, haha. Should I post the answer or do you wanna keep trying?

Tip: be creative.

9:30; differences in speed only afftect how far up/down the mountain he is at the "meeting point"

Or 2pm

speed is different up and down in mountain climbing

>backwards

So he is going by the same route.

Yes. But his speed throughout both treks is unknown.

He'd probably die if he stayed on the summit the entire night.

if he has a constant velocity on both routes, then his speed throughout both treks must be equal (same distance) and the time must be 9:30, since the question states that he WILL be at the same point at a specific time.

No you fucking dense faggot, I literally said at least 5 times his speed is unknown and 9:30 is the wrong answer because of that, you fucking 1st semester undergrad who thinks he's trumped Einstein with his physics theories he came up with while on acid

Alright smartass OP, post the answer.

The only point both climbs must have in common is the summit, and that point is active only once during each climb, but at different times.

So the question has no answer.

I think the key to solving this riddle is this:

The "same point" referred to in the riddle can only be the summit. It is the only point on the climber's journey he is guaranteed to be on both ways.

Maybe it's something about time-zones.

>the mountain climber was on VCR tape, which was played backwards and forwards
>the climber was all the time just sitting on his ass watching himself climb the mountain
>haha :D

Read monk as mountain climber

Not the summit, nor the bottom. Read pic I posted for the correct solution.

Wrong. You're assuming that the mountain is one dimensional.

cont. I think I have the solution!
We can't make the assumption that the world in OP's riddle has the same time keeping system!

Noon and 7AM are the same time! It's a time keeping system with only 14 hours a day, so 7 AM = noon

No, this is the correct answer dumb motherfucker.

That's not the answer to the question "what is that time?". It's the answer to the question "how can you find that time experimentally?", and it's also based on the inane assumption that these monks walk the same.
>The natural reaction to seeing such a brilliant, imaginative solution

cont. OP also never mentions whether the climber completes his journey within a single day.
For all we know both the journey up and down the mountain could've taken any number of days. We only know that the journey down the mountain started "the next day".

You sound like a dumb faggot who could never provide intelligent answers. Enjoy never being able to not be a brainlet.

alright, that shows that the time exists and is "the time when the two monks meet", but the question seems to ask for a specific time. i'm going to blame the OP for a badly formed question

I literally said he reached the summit at noon you dumb retarded dyslexic faggot. Jump off the said mountain please.

Except the question states that we are given no information about his route. He may take a different route up and down the mountain.

You didn't specify that it was noon of the same day

New question: what is the next letter in the sequence O,T,T,F,F,S,S,E...?

it's A
proof: why not?

Good lord, I thought you had something better in mind, but it turned out that you were just another faggot. You could have just asked for the statement of Brouwer's fixed point theorem instead of posting that retarded clusterfuck of a question.

The last one is M (inus one twelfth)

What? No that's wrong. Use your fucking brain. Do you see a pattern?

I have another one

O, P, I, S, A, F, A, G, G, O,...

Not logic into this.

A book that praise it's solutions? what book is that? is for kids?

This and to that extent this also.

If was supposed to be some clever "answer," then we already got the answer right on the first reply:
FPBP

[math]Q.E.D.[/math]

Seriously, no takers for this?

I realize it isn't what the retarded OP intended but it actually matches all the criteria given in the riddle, so it is at least a possible solution.

Love it when Veeky Forums undergrad wannabe scientists who are insecure about their intelligence talk shit about actual geniuses. Kys.

how do you like the art and craft of problem solving

It's more creative than anything I've read in a textbook recently.

So what is the solution ?

>didn't even formalize an efficient method for calculating pi in his spare time

Your standards for genius differ from ours.

No you're legit retarded too, brainlet.

>fails to contextualize the use of a meme term
>

pi = 4 * arctan(1)

Apply Euler Maclaurin

that time it's not unique

It's 9:30, given all the known variables.

So what is it, OP?

noon

You said same point at a specific time, not the same point at the same time.

He's at the top at a specific time, in fact two specific times.

So then there's just not enough information given? There's no other answer we can reasonably assume besides 9:30, all things considered.

Otherwise I guess the answer to the question is just "it is a mystery" and nobody has learned anything.

Christ, you're a brainlet

You don't have to do any analysis to see that there is no solution to this problem. Say on day one the climber took one step forward, waited until 11:59, and rocketed to the top, if the next day he goes at a normal constant pace he will only cross paths with himself at some time around noon. Now imagine instead of waiting at the bottom, he rocketed towards the top at 7:00 and waited until 11:59 to take the final step; if the climber goes a normal constant pace the next day he will cross paths with himself sometime around 7:00.