Veeky Forums YouTube Channels:

What are they?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=C25qzDhGLx8
youtube.com/watch?v=GoJsr4IwCm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like Cody's lab, not because it's good science, just because he's a pretty chill guy that just tries random stuff.

How about the various -philes?

Philes are just trivial facts with nothing more to it. Its like reading a topic summary for dummies. Pther channels are debunking, or problem solving. Its hard for a scientific channel to exist, since there is really no audince, like explaining PhD thesis, who is going to watch it ? At least to make profit. Lectures atlre the closest thing to Veeky Forumsentific channels imo.

Applied science, Veritasium, codys lab, yalecourses, mit opencourseware, stanford, cal esg, sci show (i guess), I'm sure there are others.

Vsauce

Phile channels are good to broaden your spectrum of awareness and get a journeyman's understanding of things. The only problem is when they have that swamp troll host the videos.
I mean, I'm not shallow, I'm the kind of person who spends the early morning hours lurking Veeky Forums, but jesus christ, I didn't know it was possible to be that ugly without having any major deformities.

PBS Space Time and Kurzgesagt (In a Nutshell) are two of my favourites, along with 3Blue1Brown

Rick and Morty

need some Veeky Forums-approved signal processing vids
pls help

>crash course
I think getting a journeymans(journeyman actually implies quite extensive knowledge that you certainly can't get from sci channels, but I'll take it to mean "surface level" to not be a pedantic autist) understanding in everything is a poor use of your time. people should try to not learn things on an utter surface level and be content with that. especially not from other laymen like the ones usually hosting sci channels, which corrupts the information given even more. god I hate when non trained "such a nerd" dudes act like experts and talk to their audience like they're little kids

Kurzgesagt is bad and PBS spacetime has a lumberjack for host.

What's Veeky Forums take on Crash Course Physics, Chemistry, Ecology, Anatomy, Astronomy and Biology, btw?

they're wrong a lot of the time and often because of their own biases and agendas. Also personally I find the patronizing way they talk and simplify irksome.

But I dot think my IQ is high enough for this

Cody's Lab is pretty interesting.

You could consider some of the Primative Technology guy's episodes to have elements of science.

A lot of science shows or channels are more equivalent to just giving a very narrow account of a topic that's equivalent to reading Wikipedia introduction.

thoughts on nilered?

best chink canadian chem youtuber

>wrong a lot of the time
They're really not. They do well with harder sciences.

3blue1brown is the only good non IFL science type one I've encountered. but it's pretty elementary for the most part.

NurdRage

such a shame they're not just talking about hard sciences, then

learned more watching his videos then peforming organic chemistry labs trying to ask my useless TA anything

3blue1brown
Cody's lab
Walter Lewin's channel
Numberphile
Of those 3blue1brown is the hardest and most math heavy

he is pretty trash experimentally sometimes
but still the best for those kinds of videos

>PBS spacetime has a lumberjack for host.
The hell are you talking about?

thunderf00t for debunking Elon 'people think he's the real Tony Stark but is just a snake oil salesman' Musk shitty ideas.

Cow pies
hahah guys
Cow pies

unironically this
on top of it, compared to the others, he actually does real work outside his youtube thing

seconded for codys lab. dude is amazing for all things interesting.

the -philes, Vsauce, Kurzgesagt, minute earth, and a couple others are nothine more than psuedo scientific jargon that they spew out to give an illusion of learning and intelligence.

The best things on youtube to learn from are actual leactures. Not Ted talk shit tho.

>What are they?
Fucking bad, that's what. Anything "science" related on youtube is extremely likely to be nothing more than pop sci bullshit for the "I fucking love science" crowd, probably animated with shitty numale minimalist graphics to boot.

Who's the troll?

>I mean, I'm not shallow
>I'm the kind of person who spends the early morning hours lurking Veeky Forums

The original question was explicitly asked about their series on hard sciences, genius.

:^)

If you're more into futurism there's always issac arthur

>sci show

Mathologer, 3blue1brown,

all the answers to everything are here, you have to watch them all for everything to be revealed in the gestalt
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

they said biology and ecology

Daily reminder that only retarded, popsci-spoonfed millenials discuss watch """scientific""" YouTube channels.

>animated with shitty numale minimalist graphics to boot.
Holy shit how far up your own ass do you have to be to lump unrelated ideas together just because of your own dislike?

Did it ever occur to you that people might want to have something to watch while working, waiting, or one of the many situations where "millennials" turn to youtube for entertainment? Or that they might be aware of the plethora of popsci channels and are seeking something more in depth? It is nice to throw on a 5-30 minute video rather than devoting half your attention to a monotonous lecture or an hour long documentary. You're pretty old if you're not a millennial, so perhaps reminder that genius old men don't go on the science section of a haitian voodoo doll making forum to talk down to youngsters about seeking the science section of another website.

He explains the mechanism behind most of the stuff he does
I also like the fact that he uses the word "Demonstrations"
Most people seem to use the word "experiment" when they're not really experimenting.

Sciencephile the AI
Also praise Skynet!

Noice

AsapSCIENCE
CGP Grey
Cody'sLab
ColdFusion
CrashCourse
It's Okay To Be Smart
Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell
MinuteEarth
minutephysics
Sciencium
SciShow
SciShow Space
SmarterEveryDay
TED-Ed
Veritasium
Vox
Vsauce
Vsauce2
Vsauce3

the numberphile and computerphile channels are hosted by actual professionals in the fields.
Just search computerphile. You'll know him when you see him, he actually looks like shrek.

nope 3brown1blue is very mathy channel

Why Die??
youtube.com/watch?v=C25qzDhGLx8

Why Age? Should We End Aging Forever?
youtube.com/watch?v=GoJsr4IwCm4

3blue1brown and mathologer

CGPgrey is a shitty youtube channel. All of his videos boil down to him plagiarizing a single book he found convincing, and presenting it in video format. He has a large following which makes this very bad, since a lot of people end up believing his simplified misinformation.