Yfw you realize that virtue is just the continuation of aesthetics in the moral plane

>yfw you realize that virtue is just the continuation of aesthetics in the moral plane

*thok* noice

>be goethe
>been there
>done that

nice thought user, gave me the feels just reading that

Veeky Forums is a cool place

That's exactly why I like it.

I agree, 'non :)

yep. crazy how those butt fucking ancients managed to tie everything together so coherently

Is that supposed to be a cop out for doing something shitty?

>morality
>aesthetic

How is being beautiful on the inside ever considered ugly on the outside?
Plz enlightmen me user.

I was hoping you would enlighten me

Flannery O'Connor can give you several examples

buttfucking is the secret to wisdom pleb

thems satanic trips

I think Kierkegaard said something like this, too...

NO

BAD

That's not a nice thought, because it reduces the important of morals down to cheap soul food. Fuck you.

Then tell us the import of morals.

Nigga if I knew that I wouldn't be working at Wendy's

I don't know, I consider virtue to be one of the most important pivotal points in my life, and I still find OP's idea interesting. Maybe it would be degrading the value of virtues if we're only sticking to the ancient Greek's definition, but by Kierkegaard's definition, it makes a lot of sense. He never claimed the aesthetic life to be necessarily lower than the moral, or the moral lower than the spiritual. They are continuations of each other, modes of living that have different pros and cons but are still valid as long as one holds themselves to it completely.

Exactly. Morality is expedience and thoughtfulness dictated upon context. There is nothing inherently wrong about anal sex just seldom a natural situation that would beg such a measure without violating the creative apparition of another. Dissociate yourself from your own perception and you're left with a fable.

what if someone found degeneracy aesthetic? And by extension degeneracy itself a continuation of the moral plane?