Are Biologists/Biotechologists just Doctor wannabes?

Are Biologists/Biotechologists just Doctor wannabes?

doctors are IT guys for humans

IT guys are doctors for computers

Biologists are cucks

Thats giving IT guys quite some praise

biologists are humans for computers

This bait is so shitty I just know it was made by a burned out premed first year

No, it guys are much better at fixing computers than doctors are at fixing people.

Close but no cigar, 3rd year biotech student

better question

Is medicine just applied biology and therefore should be just a specialization?

And too for pharmacologist, is pharmacology just applied biochemistry and should be just a specialization?

computers are biologists for people

People who failed to get into Med School.

Med student here. Can confirm. All the former premeds who couldn't hack it are doing grad level bio now

doctors are wannabe biologists

I'm a biologist and have never had any interest or desire to become a medical doctor. I'm happy working in a lab now after graduating, but I can say that a lot of my peers in college were premed. It was really annoying, none of them actually had any interest in real biology. Only as much that it would help them reach their next step, which as everyone knows many wouldn't make it into med school.

Non UScitizen so I'm not exposed to the educative system there.

What is the whole ordeal with biology being used as a prestep for medicine? Do you get more subjects convalidated when you do biology? Do you have priority on the lists? You just need a high GPA to enter medicine and biology is easier and related?

US I assume? Do you guys work in industry or hospital labs?

Nope, currently studying in a third world shit hole , biotechnology work here is exceedingly rare, moslty restricted to genetic disease testing and embryonology

Doctors are a slowly evolving into scummy business men ergo the overprescription of opium and antibiotics.

Doctors, regardless of specialization, are slaves. Most don't give a damn or have the intellectual means to know there's something to give a damn about, the rest don't have a choice.

To practice, you must be board certified. To use a given treatment it must be proven and FDA approved. Therefore, you're slave to the set of allowed approaches created by pharmaceutical companies and various medical supply corporations.

Molecular biologists, organic chemists, etc are under similar constraints that present more via debt peonage. You need funding to do research, and if you're blacklisted in your field you're pretty well fucked for life. It doesn't matter if you're right, it doesn't matter the strength of the evidence. Cultural engineering is that powerful, and your colleagues will submit. Guaranteed, with very few exceptions.

Just look through the literature. Thousands, upon thousands of papers on all manner of illnesses, high level and low level. Decades of hard mechanistic approaches to unraveling the activity of thousands of naturally occurring compounds. But is any of it ever put into use? No. Because it's non-patentable.

Western medicine is an unsalvageable hackjob. Change is allowed only when those on top have aligned themselves to stay there, and crushed when that isn't possible.

God no. I study soil bacteria.
Medicine is hell. I'm more interested in bioremediation.
Lots of premeds go into something like biomedicical sciences or some gay shit for med school. You need the right background knowledge for med school, so logically applicants with an BS in somd medically related biology degree is a much more likely candidate than social work, chemistry, or math. Most require a GPA of 3.5 or higher or else you're fucked.

The thing is, the students don't actually care about biology, only the GPA part. This means that you have classes full of assholes that don't even care about the material, compete for research positions to pad their applications, and most will never end up as Dr Chad Chadson. It's pretty shitty, and they all need to die.