Higher dimensions

I skipped two classes where lecturer explained fourth dimension and fifth dimensional vectors. Am I fucked?

They're just vectors with more tuples, what's the BFD?

Fourth dimension is duration, where your entire 3D space is moving through time in both directions. Someone looking at this from the outside will see you from the moment of conception to the moment of death in sequenced, lined up cubes.
Fifth dimension takes your life path and connects them based on points of divergence. So you have an infinite number of these 4D life durations branching off of one another to show different life paths based on the decisions you made and their consequences. Like right now, another fourth dimensional life possibility just branched off of the one I am in right in the fifth dimensional space because I typed the word "mountain" instead of "dew" first. The branched one is a reality where I wrote "dew" before "mountain." All of the possibilities of your life, the paths that you could take, exist in the fifth dimension.
I'm obviously not an expert, I'm just trying to make sense of how I've been learning the differences in dimensions the past few days.

Sorry to tell you, but this is most likely misinfo. Even if the 4th SPATIAL dimension had unique time aspects, like 4D beings being able to fast forward, rewind, etc, the 4th Spatial Dimension is just that, an extra dimension of space. You and OP should look into the concept of The Bulk, or Bulk Space. It's Higher Dimensional Space (4D or higher) in which our own 3D reality is embedded within, or nested, like how our visual field's are 2D planes nested within 3D space.

Don't worry, you'll catch up when they go over sixth and seventh dimension. Be careful though, eighth dimension is where shit gets complicated so don't miss that.

In what context are you using them? It's not particular hard for basic operations as its the same leap from 2d to 3d, just add 1 to the relevent indices

>the 4th Spatial Dimension is just that, an extra dimension of space.
>It's Higher Dimensional Space (4D or higher) in which our own 3D reality is embedded within, or nested, like how our visual field's are 2D planes nested within 3D space.
I'm not trying to be confrontational, but how did I contradict that by what I said?

>people actually believe this brainlet stupidity

It does work for 4d at least.

If you're going to stick to /pol/ level banter, fuck off back to /pol/. If not, provide your thinking and evidence for why it's wrong.

1d = x
2d = x y
3d = x y z
4d = w x y z

Okay, so then what's stopping 5d = v w x y z?

nothing; i wasn't sure if 5d axis is called v

You can't just say "/pol/" for everything you don't like.

>i spew misinformation out of my ass and make up lies about dimensions but you're the /pol/ idiot!
Damn nice one dude. The majority of what you wrote is factually incorrect. Get over yourself.

Were you trying to disprove me or give a proof as to why I could be right?
Just like you can't refer everything you don't like to /x/. I'm still waiting for your factual proof btw, and it's not like a spewed my misinformation by saying I'm 100% right. I even said in my OP that I'm not sure this is right or not.
So tell me why I am wrong.

4d is the dimension where all thins are represented as dogs and all dogs are visible at any moment as you can travel through all time to pet all dogs.
5d is when those dogs are now represented as individual letters in rick and morty quotes where all possible intelligent quips are readble and present from any vector in space.
Prove me wrong faggot.

Still waiting you miserable cunt.
Tick tock tick tock

contradiction. 2d with time would be 3d, but 3d is timeless

get back to your containment cell until we come up with a cure for mental retardation.

I remember the time before linear algebra. To be young again.... :o)

Tfw when no one has even acknowledged motherfucking Hilbert spaces yet... I thought Veeky Forums was supposed to be smart?

Jesus christ stop samefagging to make it look like you're anything other than retarded dude. Even read the wikipedia page before you spout shit.

This is from the book "imagining the tenth dimension," which is interesting but horseshit

the concept of dimensions are literally a social construct (oh boy).

bbb-but--muh 2d. Everything 2d is literally 3d. Your mind is just being tricked into believing the flat surface looks like a non-flat surface.

Everything above 3d is also a meme.

neck yourself

What's there to understand about 4 or 5 dimensional spaces? They have resp 4 or 5 elements in basis and that's it, don't try to imagine 4d space since that's firstly impossible and secondly useless. How are you gonna imagine infinitely dimensional spaces, or spaces with infinite basis and spaces that have no obvious geometric meaning whatsoever, like space of polynomials or continuous functions in compact set?