How long until we can bioprint functional limbs?

How long until we can bioprint functional limbs?
How long until we can put a brain into a bioprinted body?

How long until we can put a brain in OP?

never, 3d printers are shit anyway

am smart

>never
why?

Can I fuck this?
Will I get an infection?

they're ghetto, and the premise is you're poor and paranoid so you buy this things instead of learning how to make it, commissioning an object or whatever.

I don't know what you mean

3-d printers don't have an actual purpose is our society so they can't be expected to help people who are crippled.

funny

they seem to be some sort of holy relic to post-scarcitists. Rather than actually give people something they could use.

While it would technically be possible, regrowing a limb would be a better technology to pursue. Though, I can see keeping extra parts around to sew on during wartime or something.

From what i've seen and heard, stem cell research should be pretty banging at the moment, so maybe 10-15 years until we can make functional limbs. i'm just not sure that it's possible to actually bioprint limbs like legs and arms that would be like the real thing in terms of nerves and stuff.
I think a bioprinted brain would be impossible to bioprint, since it has so many details and the fact that it is basically the controlroom of the body, so creating a brain would be the same thing as creating a conciousness or a mind.

can i do a thesis on 3D printed crispr-modified stem cells as an electrical engineer?

Probably not

Yes.

People want them to be the 1 machine that gives them ALL the means of production for everything they could ever need in their life. This is a fault of stupid people, not the 3d printer.

>they can't be expected to help people who are crippled.
3d printing titanium implants that are the EXACT shape of bone that needs to be replaced would actually do exactly that.

>bioprint
not the same as the titanium version. Though, if one was that nice (as titanium is difficult to work, you can't cut it to make a shape) I guess you could make one.

>I guess you could make one

It's old news for the medical and aerospace industry. They use powdered titanium and blast it with a laser to 3d print. (laser sintering) The only major downside is powdered titanium is cost prohibitive so it's not quite that wide spread. I could be wrong but I don't think the price of powdered titanium will go down with time either.

why do you want to be organic?

Fear of nanoblobs consuming all sentient processes in the universe.

cutting with a lazer isn't the same as 'cutting' with a 3d printer you showboatings faggot don't breathe down my neck about medicine.

There is no cutting involved. It melts powdered metals with the extreme heat of a laser.

im going to shoot people who say this kinda of shit in the streets. Eat shit you showboating assfaggot

Talk with your professors about that. Don't take Veeky Forums's word for anything

how long until we can bioprint emma watsons tight asshole?

Nigga 3d printers are in common use since like the 1970's. Sure not everyone needs them, just like not everyone needs a lathe either.