So why did he turn into a bug?

So why did he turn into a bug?

Because he was gay

Hlaeo hlaeo nd haaapl haalp

There's no empirical evidence for People turning into bugs, which is why I REFUSE to read these idiotic ramblings of a mentally ill jewish lawyer

and so should you

Cheap as fuck b8
Kys

yeah, not my best work

These trips are better
Youre improving

He turns into a mistkäfer.
Is that supposed to resemble who he is with being a slave to his job only moving shit?

The point of The Metamorphosis is to be yourself

Highschool teachers always said it is a story about father and son.

It's a government experiment. The book is actually a sci-fi story about crazy scientists messing with DNA
There are a lot of clues

he didnt

whoooaahhh looks like a got kafkad again

Because he had low self-esteem

I laughed out loud. Goddamnit. My sense of humor is still stuck in middle school.

It's a metaphor for having a mental breakdown form Gregor being overworked his whole life.

>dad, you can't take revenge on animals, that's the point of moby dick
>lisa, the point of moby dick is be yourself

bcuz he didnt jus b hisself

i like you

When you're constantly beat down by family expectations, when you start to fear getting out of bed because you will be yelled at for something that you have or have not done correctly, when you live the existence of a emotional toilet day in and day out hoping that you could just be left alone for one day...

he wanted to =)

This thread is astonishingly kafkaesque!

He was only useful and loved by his family as long as he was a useful and productive human. Even though Gregor was still himself as a bug, his fundamental character and soul was still intact, his family no longer wanted him.

They loved him for what he did, not who he was.

Fuck. Strike out that first "useful".

In the original German he's not a 'bug', he's 'ungeziefer' or like, a 'nonentity', 'vermin', 'cretin'.

I remember reading this book and being surprised by the lack of descriptions about the way he was feeling. Maybe Kafka skipped this because it's unnecessary to get his point across?

*Marienkäfer

but i can't see how having a mental breakdown can turn you into a bug. I mean don't you just get sad or something? I am also not aware of any case of a human turning into a bug because they were overworked, maybe it has happened in India or something (lots of weird stuff happens there) but i haven't heard about it. i thought the story was pretty unrealistic. a man becoming a bug just can't happen i mean what happens to the brain? does it become a bug brain? how can he still think like a human with a bug sized brain? i don't get it. very bad story

Ne, dachte ich auch aber die Witwe Hausfrau hat gsagt er wär ein Mistkäfer....

because you should just bee your self

we have been lied to for too long

WHAT

His features are still described as that of a cockroach

Ah
Thx for the insight

How does that affect the narrative? Isn't he still described as having more legs, antennae, a shell, etc? What about the baseball his father throws?

Because God thought it would be funny. And it was!

>cockroach
No he is described as being a mistkäfer!
A 'Dung Beetle' according to Google translate.

Because Kafka's jewish self-hatred manifested in him as a piece of experimental fiction.

This.

That's how he felt his family, and other people around him, saw him as: a useless, disgusting, bothersome creature.

Seriously?

Because it truly was, in the end, a miraculous Verwandlung.

this desu
it was the family's metamorphosis all along

I guess we all really were the ungeziefer after all

He was alienated by the stresses of the modern world. Dumbasses.

MOTHER IT'S ME