ITT. Coffee

I read a while ago that drinking coffee had similar effects on your brain as other (stronger) drugs like heroin.

The mans argument was that, by drinking coffee, one moves into a state of alertness which wears your body off given long term consumption. In other words, once you get off this state you become progressively "weaker" if that's the correct word.

I don't know what that man was talking about, so I want Veeky Forums opinions on coffee, or if you guy shave any studies to share or recommendations they are welcome too.

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee#Health_and_pharmacology
youtube.com/watch?v=3QMoAkb50QI
youtube.com/watch?v=kdKVS5X0vJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=4YspZcIRPXw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee#Health_and_pharmacology

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand coffee.

I am a white man, got that covered.

Do you have any material for me?

>I am a white man
I am sorry, your race does not have the capacity to attain IQs of 3 digits or more. Please go back to shitposting on /pol/ or being racist on the streets or whatever other low IQ white hobby you enjoy.

>t. shitskin

Nice try, commie.

>Additional meta-analysis studies corroborated these findings, showing that higher coffee consumption (2–4 cups per day) was associated with a reduced risk of death by all disease causes.

>says whites are inferiors while trashing communist
>even though it was a white man who invented communism and his own picture of a communist is some white devil.

So which one is it huh? Are whites superior? Or are whites so retarded they literally invented communism?

>t. kike

((((They)))) are not even hiding it anymore.

Fuck off back to your hole.

You can believe whatever you want about my identity. But I will admit I am a strong man of Hispanic descent.

Now, answer my question. If whites are superior then how come it was whites who invented communism?

@9248319

Won't be giving a shitskin any more (You)'s

Get out of my thread.

Ah, I see. An inconvenient question huh? You have found another contradiction in your white supremacy I see. What will you do?

You can't have it both ways. Whites can't be both superior and so inferior they literally invented communism. Pick one, retard.

@9248338

Shitskins are naturally impaired and have low IQ, stop trying to argue with me, child.

Please show me the research for that. I can easily show you proof that whites invented communism, which proves your IQ is basically subhuman. Probably 60.

Alright faggots, time to up your coffee game.

What you'll need:
- Freshly roasted coffee beans from a reputable roaster (I like washed Ethiopian and Colombian). Try out Onyx Coffee lab or Counter Culture and branch out from there. Intelligensia is also a popular roaster. Local roasters are the best option if you don't want to order online.

-A decent burr grinder. A cheap one is the Hario Skerton but it's a hand grinder so you might hate it. Barazta encore is the typical entry level electrical grinder.

- Something to brew in with filters. French press is common and suitable for coffee with more body, aeropress is also popular and easiest to use ,pour overs like Chemex and Kalita waves produce lighter but more complex coffee. DONT USE A MR COFFEE. Seriously, cheap coffee makers like mr coffees ruin the taste and is the main reason people complain that their coffee tastes like ass.

-Optional, a goose neck kettle. This is just for quality of life and not needed. If you want one that is electric because you don't have a stove top or something, try out the Bonavita variable temp kettle. Otherwise, just use any teapot to heat up your water.

-Optional but highly recommended, an electric scale accurate to 1 or 2 decimal places. This will allow you to get proper ratios for your coffee. This makes a huge difference and also lets you tweak the flavor to your liking.

CHEMEX/POUROVER GUIDE: youtube.com/watch?v=3QMoAkb50QI

General tips for pourovers, for every 1 gram of coffee use 15-17 grams of water. Brew time should be around 3-4 minutes depending on how much coffee you are making.

AEROPRESS GUIDE: youtube.com/watch?v=kdKVS5X0vJ0

FRENCH PRESS GUIDE: youtube.com/watch?v=4YspZcIRPXw

>faggots
Why the homophobia?

this looks.... good

Family has one of those coffee maker machine things. Do you think these techniques you have described will improve my coffee game?

Is this, dare I say, the high IQ way of making coffee?

>coffee maker machine things

Depends, is this a typical coffee maker or are we talking an espresso maker? If it's the latter than that's a whole different game. If you don't want to buy a new brewer, I would at least invest into good beans and a grinder. Also, clean the machine often. You have no idea how common mold is for typical machine brewers.

Its not one of those espresso ones.

I think its a hamilton beach one, not too fancy, just a simple one.

But that thing they do with the french press in those videos, seems like a better way of making coffee. Looks tastier.

Lol.... Its fun to see how shitskins lose it when confronted with their genetic deficiencies.

So coffee is the fabled panacea?!

>t. Big Coffee

The studies are right there boyo! How about you go look them up so you can come up with a viable counter argument, you fucking brainlet you

I don't suppose if they explore the nature of the coffee served?
Sugars, milk; spices, etc?

this user knows what he's talking about

but

>-A decent burr grinder.

is all you really need.

I only drink coffee when I'm constipated.

If you drank coffee all the time, you wouldn't become constipated in the first place.

user, how can I ever repay you and your wisdom?

covfefe

Just enjoy your new-found coffee, bad coffee is a crime against humanity.

I buy cheap-ass Lavazza ground coffee and put it in a french press, and my coffee is delicious. You're wasting your time, your money, and your life by putting so much effort into making coffee.

lmao I see you I sold some of that shit today at work

Deal with it nerd, coffee is much of a muchness. Preground is fine, you don't need a degree in making coffee to make great coffee, just a brain and an understanding of proportions (my mom always puts far too much ground coffee in and makes disgusting bitter grainy undrinkable shit, then complains that "coffee is bitter!")

It's okay to be fine with mediocrity but don't fake gloat about it pleb

>t.barista

I'm not falling for your lies, you don't need to pay some philosophy grad working in a coffee shop $5 a cup to get great coffee. Ground coffee + french press + hot water is literally all you need, I'm living proof.

If you think that garbage is 'great' then you'd simply be laughed out of any discussion with serious coffee drinkers.

>serious coffee drinkers

I drink eight to twelve gallons of coffee PER HOUR, I don't need any hipster circlejerk to "discuss my appreciation for coffee", I LIVE my appreciation for coffee.

Pic related: It's you and literally all your friends.

>Ground coffee + french press + hot water is literally all you need, I'm living proof.

It's okay to be wrong, user, all I wanted was for you to have better coffee. Also, nice projecting.

>I drink eight to twelve gallons of coffee PER HOUR

You know why you drink so much? Because your ratio of coffee to water is almost all water.

>can't handle drinking strong coffee constantly

Hahaha, enjoy ur no heart attacks and no constant jittery anxiety!

I know what you wanted, Mr. Barista. You're not getting MY $5.

Honey, coffee isn't strong.

> ctrl+f coffee enema
> nothing

you guys are a bunch of fags

you dont digest coffee you absorb it then purge...

> rush like speed
> no jitterness

superior

>Coffee is the best! Xdddd i luv my starcucks

Take some fucking speed and you will know true alertness with a side helping of "Holy shit life is fucking great, and I'm great"

Uh... how old are you kiddo?

Why do all topics devolve into race + IQ shitposting and original topic shitflinging across the aisle?

*tips pot* muh brewer

>I am a white man

lower iq than asians and Indians

Fuck off back to pol cleetus

A white man didn't invent communism, he doesn't count as white.

>If you don't want to buy a new brewer, I would at least invest into good beans and a grinder
I disagree with this. In my experience, the brewing method has a higher influence on the output. Shitty coffee made with a "superior" method will taste better than good coffee made in a standard drip machine.

I'd recommend getting a cheap french press and trying that first. If you find that it tastes much better than your drip machine, upgrade your beans. You can probably find one somewhere for less than $20. Plus, making cold brew in a french press is super easy, which is nice.

HAHAHAHHA FUCKIN POORFAGS

produce more waste than needed, for a single cup of coffee.

Thos things are litterally "I'm too dumb to measure things" machines.

forgot my e. So here it is...

> e

stop reading shit articles OP

Just the kind of mental gymnastics you can expect from a wh*te subhuman scum.

Coffee is easily slept off, heroin is a nagging feeling that makes you want to take more.

How did this thread turn into a thread about /pol/?

Yes, because you're more likely to die violently when your hands/brains are twitching out around heavy machinery

It always does because /pol/ comes here in an attempt to feel smart by stirring up the highschool students and college freshman

How come nobody euthanized them yet?

> ------ Blocks Your Path ------

Makes mediocre espresso but I like it for cuban coffee

confirmed shitskin

stopped drinking it after a brief occurrence of heartburn. Being hypochondriac prevented me from having it again. Used to drink 3-5 cups a day. Im 18 btw.

ah ah ah

You need to learn to read, retard.

You're just trying to point fingers based off of one person in history to help you cope with your inferiority complex, kill yourself, no complex that way.

Drinking my coffee, reporting in.

I like a good double espresso from time to time.

Just take pills
Much cheaper