Stop being an atheist

Stop being an atheist.

I would prefer not to

>Veeky Forums is a slow board! Please take the time to read what others have written, and try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own.
>try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own.

inb4 nabokov posts

I'm Christian

>Please take the time to read what others have written, and try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own.

Oтъeбиcь, дeд.

I've read Notes and some of his short stories.
>Didn't hit any Christey strings.

The vibe I got was
>Stop being insufferable

Stop denying reallity.

Stop posting uncropped faces

Stop claiming knowledge of ultimate reality

Sorry OP I prefer being right

kek
stop misunderstanding nietzsche and do a flip faggot

Hug horse.

Stop living, start writing

I'm agnostic

Stop being a fence sitter

the fence is stronger than some virgin's deliriums

But I like the fence.

I'm a mystic

why

>tfw I don't have any religious beliefs because of lack of proof
>tfw I still appreciate real Christian films such as those by Tarkovsky and enjoyed the King Jame's Bible
>tfw still realize the good that came out of Christianity and would rather hang out with Christians than atheists

To afraid to admit you're going to die?

My man

What's the justification for being agnostic?

>still not understanding that proof is absolutely unattainable and completely irrelevant to faith
>implying ability to appreciate the beauty of specific art without having faith is special
>implying realizing societal functions of religion are completely separate from theistic beliefs is special
Ah, to be 15 and post frogs on anime forum.

Why do you assume agnostics are more afraid of death than atheists? I accept that oblivion is a possibility, and if that is the case, it won't bother me once it happens.

“Man is certainly stark mad; he cannot make a worm, and yet he will be making gods by dozens.”

- Michel de Montaigne

Prove that God exists :^)

You can only be theist or agnostic. Atheism is a logical inconsistency.

Not really. Atheism essentially looks at the idea of a God and says "that seems unlikely, so I think not."

The agnostic goes like "it is indeterminable if God exists or not," which isn't necessarily exclusive of atheism or theism.

I fucking hate твёpдый знaк. I don't even fully understand how it works... and I've been studying russian for a couple of years.

it usually just "softens" the sound of the preceding consonant
really case-dependent
you'd have to listen to recordings of native speakers for illustrations, hard to put into text
it's a vestigial piece of shit orthography, no doubt

Catholic master race reporting in

But I'm forced to live and am left without enough time to write. Wat do?

t. wagecuck

It works exactly like мягкий знaк except you don't palatalize the previous consonant. Orthographically it carries the same function a space would without breaking the word up. Step it up, filthy capitalist pig. Props for being autistic enough to learn Russian, though,

No, "hard sign" doesn't soften the consonant. That's why it's hard and not soft.

Convince me.

I want to believe, but I've seen no evidence that the supernatural is real.

Truth is unknowable. Le Hitchens Dawkins religion debate is cringe on both sides.

You're already half way to truth; don't squander your gains. Why do you want to believe?

Sure thing but first you must tell me this: where are the proofs?

Already did, I'm currently agnostic and am increasingly leaning towards Deism.

No one on Veeky Forums is an atheist.

Stop having sex

No one forces you to go on living. You can die if you wish.

Is there an spanish equivalent to the king james bible? or a king james bible spanish translation

>tfw atheist catholic
it doesn't get better than this, lads

>read the five grand works of Dostoevsky
>never itched my atheism once while reading
>he shared noice perspectives nonetheless
Go fuck yourself, OP.

>le I have no faith cus no proof meme
Faith by definition forgoes empirical evidence.

No problem esé.

Okay, let me put it this way.

I have no faith because believing in things without any indication at all that they might be true is fucking stupid.

Belief in God is based on faith.
There would be no point if there was empirical evidence for His existence.

Empiricist get thee gone

Could some provide a good case for, down the line after the study that it requires is complete, converting to Judaism? I already find more synergy with it than Christanity but I none-the-less need more knowledge.

>not understanding the role of religion as fulfillment of transcendent needs
>le fuckin stupid retards haha SCIENCE bithc

Top notch apologetics right here.

So everyone throughout history who believed they had proved God's existence decided to abandon their faith as it was now pointless. Seems legit you modernist retarded running in fear of science.

This and I already said that I realize the contributions Christianity has made to Western civilization. It's influence from Greek philosophy really is incredible. To me, it serves the function as a noble lie that encourages ethical behavior among the citizens. No other religion has done this quite as efficient as Christianity. And imho, no other religion is as beautiful.

>No other religion has done this quite as efficient as Christianity. And imho, no other religion is as beautiful.
I think you might have these opinions purely because you were born in a western country.