logic

Define existent.

>existent non-physical thing

Language, culture, morality etc.

There's quite a few.

try having a nonverbal idea op

consciousness/qualia

Math

We can invent things that don't exist though, and they have an effect on the world and must not be disregarded. Any concept, word, name for a thing is itself an invention that can be used or discarded. Love is not a physical thing, it is an abstract concept. Each person and each area of knowledge will speak of it in a given way and this will mold relationships and alter the world in a pretty much physical and real way. Money is also a great example, the paper itself is not the money, nor it is the numbers in a given account, but what value do these numbers have in relation to the society that sustains that money. So money is a non-physical thing that exists, that I can not neglect, I am obliged to take into consideration that I won't trade my hundred dollar bill for your ten dollar bill, even though they are just very similar papers. It is invented, for sure, but it is not non-existent. Every concept changes with time, in older literature the word "spirit" means consciousness, mind, will, feelings, etc, none of which we can deny to exist, but in a modern concept, the word "spirit" evokes a much more mystical scenario. The word "atom" means indivisible if you take it by its roots, but science appropriate it to mean the particle that constitutes molecules and is actually divisible as they would find out. That's also why we can not jump to "define this" "define that" or to stamp certain concepts as invalid, because they are ideas, not things. There is a whole arrangement that must be taken into account so that you understand that idea's place in human thought.

void.
checkmate.

>implying void is non-physical

Are you sure ?

it seems i can never be sure.

non existence.
overkill. hah it was easy.

It's true, you can never be sure.

Give me 1kg of memes.

friendship

>Language
Language is physical, Language in all its forms is physical whether it be spoken language which is just a pattern of pressure waves traveling through the air, or written language which is just ink on paper or maybe just a bunch of pixels on a monitor like the one you're using.
However if you're referring to the abstract concept of a language then that doesn't exist.

>Culture
Culture is also physical for similar reasons.
Again if you're referring to the abstract concept of a "culture" then culture doesn't exist in that sense.

>Morality
Spooky stuff m8

Listen,i am the guy that never can be sure. I need to tell you the following about your reply :
Why coplicate it that way. Look simple, I say all those things (culture...) require the physical existence of humans to be considered existant. Humans dies and his creations including his concepts will follow.
I wonder why we find the concept of religion only in humans.
Now we talking real philosophy yeab.

Someone hasn't read his Plato.

>Literally
What is signified by "Literally" isn't a physical think
>give
What is signified by "give" isn't a physical think
>one
What is signified by "one" isn't a physical think
>example
What is signified by "example" isn't a physical think
>of
What is signified by "of" isn't a physical think
>an
What is signified by "an" isn't a physical think
>existent
What is signified by "existent" isn't a physical think
>non-physical
What is signified by "non-physical" isn't a physical think (this is especially funny...)
>thing
What is signified by "thing" isn't a physical think
>Protip
What is signified by "Protip" isn't a physical think
>you
What is signified by "you" isn't a physical think
>suck
What is signified by "suck" isn't a physical think

>physical think
What did he mean by this?

same dude here
I see a destructive athiestic potentional in there. I love God. Sometimes i regret thinking.

Every material thing around you.

expanding universe

Read "from bacteria to Bach and back"

ghosts

kek

Just wrote the sentence once and copypasted it afterwards while I didn't notice the typo..
Um... I mean, the reason I wrote "think" instead of "thing" is so profound noone of you tards will ever understand it, no matter how long you will thing about it.

A special snowflake

Your self satisfaction while posting this.

mathematics and sentience. mathematical platonism simultaneously proves the mind's partial non-physicality.

Its directly relied to the physical world.
Some chemistry and some biology and you get the feeling.
A tree doesnt know what a tdee is. Because physics

Certainty.

No

Time.

The physical existence of memory creates time.

>Its directly relied to the physical world.
>Some chemistry and some biology and you get the feeling.
Who gets the feeling? The chemistry? The brain? Yet, the brain filters information it gives to you. Then why don't you have that information as well?

No, mate. You're confused. There is a user of definitions and maps somewhere. There is something that believes in brains, eyes and the like.

>A tree doesnt know what a tree is. Because physics
How do you know? You assume based on the model you use and faith surrounding it.

Time is a direction. Is a direction matter? No, it is defined as the distance of multiple points (material or not).

Protons

Women born with male genitalia.

Love Murph

>who gets the feeling
the brain and other thing that are clearly too complexe for me and you.
>ooga booga your are confused i knowit all
you speak like a 3rd wordler. Get up you were detected.
>how do you know simple things
reread the reply about what you asking.

Pain

>who gets the feeling
the brain and other thing that are clearly too complexe for me and you.
>ooga booga your are confused i knowit all
you speak like a 3rd wordler. Get up you were detected.
>how do you know simple things
reread the reply about what you asking.

What's the chemical formula of memories ?

>the brain and other thing that are clearly too complexe for me and you.
The brain is too complex to the brain, according to the brain. Doesn't sound like a very reliable fellow.

good lord learn some actual physics you mongrel

You are wrong about the definition.
And time depends on beings with physical memory. If those beings are gone time and other such concepts are gone. Time depends on beings to exist.

To op. There are physical manifestations of those non physical things. Ideas of these takes on form just like our appearance takes on the form of our soul.

You see. A tree dosent know what is a tree. Its the same.
About Brains,In reality Brains worked together to understand the brain. And i hppe they still are. There alot to learn :D
i hope we live to discover whats responsible of. consiouness in detail

And if you don't believe in souls. How can our body and these memories we have make us who we are. That essence you know is you and only you can truly understand it, what matters to it our body and memories we live through. The soul is life in fact, everything around us is all part of one great soul. We are merely fragments of it experiencing it changing it and be apart of it!

>You see. A tree dosent know what is a tree. Its the same.
Only assuming you know enough to even make a functional classification. Consider scientific history.

How reliable are you in contrast? How reliable can you be?

Hahahaha We know that. If someone doesnt know that we wonder how he will contribute to the thread.

What are photos, what are diaries, what are home movies? Memory works in the same manner. Besides memory stored using neurons are pretty inaccurate and every time you recall them they get corrupted.
You are still using language to describe something. No matter what you do, you are stuck using sounds and symbols which are physical in nature.

The sounds are physical manifestation of us.

>Memory works in the same manner.
Actually it doesn't. Our memory is very different from physical memory, as ours works like thought. More like waving our hands.
The patterns our brain process goes through, it invigorates those parts it needs. It adds things along the way.

Have you ever remembered something in the same way?
That's a scary no, no?

The only thing you made me know is that i dont know what reliable means.
Sorry english iq my fourth language and i cant stop learning.
Please can you complete your favor and tell me what do you mean with reliable ?

Y-yes, i did.You mean you can.t do it so other people cant. You are wiered

>The only thing you made me know is that i dont know what reliable means.
It can mean tipping the fedora and socially signaling or it can mean understanding that is authentic.

You are immune to entropy?

High five bro. Thats what i was trying to reach since the start of the thread.they d
forget that they owe thier existence to atoms that are togheter just to support thier slow learning process and 3rd world mentality. God help those atoms hhhhhh.

Ideas.

DWhat do you mean by authentic understanding. You mean an understanding that society has a say in or the opposit ??? Confused espicially whenyou added the memes that i bet didnt sound funny to you in the first place. Why do you harm yourself with memes that doesnt tickle your pickle, Why:( ?

That doesn't necessitate their non-existence.

To assume that it would is to suppose our understanding complete, our sensory perception - and the organ which interprets the senses - perfected.

Neither of these suppositions are in keeping with scientific thought, and you will be as unable to prove either of those postulates as we will be to provide definitive physical evidence of a non-physical object (which is a likely contradiction in terms from the start).

Absolute confidence in human understanding is the surefire mark of a man who has not yet learned to think.

things that have no form and can only be symbolically represented. check

*teleports behind you*

prove the existence of one thing, physical or nonphysical

Protip: you can't

More than 2 genders.

Lol jk.

But seriously you can't see you're vagina.

Your conscience?

Well spooked, my property.

mathematics

You

dreams. shadows. light.

virtue.

>light
>non-physical
niggawhat

dumbass alert. you're defining existence itself as physicality. circular retard

"hurr durr if its abstract it doesn't exist"
cool, so you're always right according to your arbitrary definition of existence

Your dick

My waifu.

>suffering from pre-quantum classical logic syndrome

Underrated.

justice

The platonic ideal of "Good"

The future

Mathematics

>Besides memory stored using neurons are pretty inaccurate and every time you recall them they get corrupted.
[citation needed]

yes, Benacerraf. i'm afraid so.

What if I poke holes in a piece of paper to make letters on it. They're no longer physical. That kind of fucks up your whole thing.

>wordler

our eyes cant even see the full spectrum of light so it may as well be non physical. seriously you guys need to take off your fedoras.

>i can't see air
>must not be physical

the property of authorship

not him, and they don't get corrupted (they become malleable), but it's true
Comes from a theory where long term memory and short term memory are juxtaposed in a way that assumes long term memory neurostructures must be fixed/stable, and evidence suggests that when recollection occurs it becomes subject to the original process of consolidation (the process that allows us to encode memory)
I recommend you research it yourself since it's a big and complex area, but it's probably to do with the process of writing rna into new receptors on neurons. Animal models have shown disrupting the memory process (eg with injections of hippocamus inhibiting substances or even more specific interventions) can destroy context learning plus a whole bunch of other variations of studies.

i

My waifu exists as part of my consciousness

The Natural Light of Reason

Probability

Ideas

Magnetism.