Why are birds so smart?

Why are birds so smart?

All animals are retarded.

Depends entirely on the birb in question but cleverness is usually a good replacement for brute strength(see hominids), and birds are pretty delicate with their hollow bones.

They're familiars of a higher intelligence master being.

Natural Selection

Birds have brains that have dense neuron connectivity.

In other words you know how they say humans only use 10% of their brain, birds are using 80% of it.

>humans only use 10% of their brain
This theory is completely blown the fuck out for over a decade now.

Depends on from which perspective, but it's a spectrum

Why natural selection did birds smart instead all other species?

So, a birdman would be a genius?

They come from dinosaurs and thus have been able to evolve much longer than most other species on this planet.

Because it takes intelligence to perform controlled flight.

>In other words you know how they say humans only use 10% of their brain, birds are using 80% of it.
This is not what dense neurons means and that is also not true of human brains

Then why are some birds stupid as fuck while corvids are like, ridiculously smarter than all other birds?

Well a sphinx is a birdlionman so its like all the best parts, a supergenius that is also strong

Imagine if chad was also Neil DeGrasse Tyson, thats how smart and strong a sphinx is

Neil was a chad though..

Do scarecrows actually work on crows? They seem way too smart to fall for this shit

they work for like, a day or two

why are some families stupid as fuck, while others are smart?

Corvids deserve serious respect for having intelligence that rivals great apes despite being nowhere NEAR them evolutionarily.

Scarecrow clothes need to have body odor for it to work.

umph

I didn't know insects were so smart

>They evolved from dinosaurs.

>They better be fucking evolved as shit with 6.8 billion years of being on earth.

They are essentially mini people.

Crows are beautiful animals. Many corvids (eg new caledonia crow) also have a more efficient working memory model than primates, with only a few specific edge cases surfacing as exceptions. Deductive reasoning and tool construction being superior to chimps, as well. Language processing machinery is largely unknown, but likely inferior to old world primates.

I don't think humans are a species that fully came about naturally, but even so, some animals come pretty close. Maybe crows and magpies were tampered with as well, but I doubt it.

This, if humans are considered animals.

pretty much all birds have absurdly dense brains due to the need for intelligence despite size limitations. a human brain is about as dense as the more stupid birds like the emu, whereas the average small bird is far denser than ours. This allows for parrots and crows and shit to be smart despite being tiny.

a better question is how the fuck are octopi and cuttlefish so smart despite being invertebrates, with virtually non-existent brains. my theory is that the "neural mesh" system they use to control their bodies allows them to dedicate their entire brain capacity to mental processes. couple with birb density and you get smart.

>neural mesh
idk where you're going with that but cephalopods don't have Schwann cells their axons are just thicker to propagate the action potential at a reasonable speed
I think cuttlefish are so smart because of how social they are, almost all cephalopods are very solitary but cuttlefish have a social system and complex language which rivals that of monkeys
>they communicate by changing colour rapidly

>idk where you're going with that

invertebrates like octopi and cuttlefish have neuron masses spread throughout their body to control their limbs. their tenctacles essentially think for themselves, which would drastically cut down on the amount of brain matter wasted on movement.

and I'm not asking why cuttlefish are smart, I'm asking how it is physically possible when they are invertebrates who barely even have a brain. this is what the brain of an octopus looks like

>hurrrrr

All living things on the planet date back to the beginning of life you retard from the smallest amoeba to the biggest mammal. They have all evolved "x and x billion years" because they all evolved from the same ancestor. It means nothing as to complexity.

They're the borg

this is the stupidest thing i've read all week

Oh that is weird, but consider that insects kind of have the same kind of thing with nodes and no real brain but they're capable of pretty complicated shit
Look at ants, they count their steps and stuff

ants are literally like individual cells within a super organism, they are capable of very specific robotic actions and can be freely controlled by scent and touch communication between ants, but are 100% completely incapable of any free thought. you need to stop thinking of ants as individual animals, like anthropologists did decades ago. ant colonies are essentially super-organisms.

free-thinking ants do rarely get born within a nest, and they are quickly hunted down and killed just like a free-thinking cancer cell.

wtf man

to some degree humans act as a super organism with each country or "culture" acting as it's own colony or entity.

>free-thinking ants do rarely get born within a nest, and they are quickly hunted down and killed
And free thinking humans who don't assimilate into society.

>I don't think humans are a species that fully came about naturally, but even so, some animals come pretty close. Maybe crows and magpies were tampered with as well, but I doubt it.

/x/

You're gonna get the truth from my post and my post only OP. It's because birds spend a majority of their day, every day, watching things. What is that crow doing on the telephone line? Watching you, watching your dog, the cars driving past you. Observation leads to intelligence prove me wrong.

that’s why I said controlled flight. “directed” flight sound better to you?