WHY DIE????????

Why Die?
youtube.com/watch?v=C25qzDhGLx8

Why Age? Should We End Aging Forever?
youtube.com/watch?v=GoJsr4IwCm4

Other urls found in this thread:

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>being able to experience multiple centuries worth of history, science, literature and technology
Please.

>implying life is worth living forever
>implying we're not all just waiting for the release from suffering that only death can give us
how stupid

I'm gonna laugh when this nibba dies. He's gonna be so salty

Hello, REDDlT

>death is a relief
>science

But it is even in the atheist perception
The ceasing of existence also ends suffering

Wow can't suffer if you're not alive, what flawless reasoning for dying

Howabout

living >>>>>>>>>>> never suffering

because that fucking retard can't find the cure for aging REEEEEEEEE I want eternal life right now REEEEEEEEEEEE we even give you a fucking wizard name REEEEEEEEEEEE

>living >>>>>>>>>>> never suffering
This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read.
I hope you get cancer and aren't allowed euthanasia so you can see firsthand how wrong you were.

Wow you think Never Suffering = Suffering Super Hard

Do you speak English as a first language?

Are you implying cancer is uncommon? Or that suffering in general is uncommon?

Spoiler alert: if you don't die in a car accident, you'll probably live long enough to develop an extremely unpleasant health problem like cancer or heart disease.

This. antinatalists BTFO

I don't think antinatalists could be BTFO worse than all the "life is a gift" fags who will inevitably end up wasting away in some hospital a few decades from now because they didn't plan ahead and invest in a cancer avoidance suicide shotgun.

Are you arguing that because cancer exists, I should just kill myself before I get?

It's wonder you haven't killed yourself already

No, I'm saying when you do get cancer you should kill yourself before it gets bad.

Okay, maybe, but some cancers are treatable so I assume you mean the ones beyond our capabilities.

But, how does this fit into my argument? I was saying life with some suffering > being dead. Like how can you disagree with such a vague statement like that, I clearly wasn't talking about someone who would be considering assisted suicide

Just take the >brownpill

Why not get to chose when you want to die rather than suffering for years because it's natural?

Go ahead and end your suffering, then.

Didn't bother watching the videos so I'm not sure if it's covered there, but the brain has a limited capacity, so eventually you would just start forgetting everything to take in the new information. I remember some paper claiming the brain could store ~400 years worth of experiences.

The next stop after solving aging is brain enhancement.

>Aging is the cause of all disease.
Ah, so that's why so many young children die of pertussis.

brainlet alert

Everyone knows that you spend eternity as boltzmann brain experiencing pure agony in the form of absolute sensory deprivation.

If we were immortal people would become too risk averse to do anything at all. Even leaving the house, even being in the house, has a chance of killing you. People would become paralyzed with fear at the thought of doing anything at all.

Minor risks are acceptable for people in their day to day lives because its unlikely one of these will result in death. You weigh the risk against a century at best of possible life, it becomes reasonable to get into a car and drive somewhere.

But with out the assurance of death any risk would become too big to take.

>Upload consciousness
>Tweak knobs to end all bad feelings
>Live in a state of euphoria indefinitely until the human race dies and all the servers you're stored on go offline

I think the natural response to a scenario like that is to think that getting everything without struggle would make everything meaningless, and that there would be no true happiness without a little suffering. But a scenario where we have absolute control over our emotions and consciousness is really hard to imagine and we can't really know beforehand.

Not sure it'd be a problem for people to more greatly consider the long term.

Imagine for a moment that the only reason you don't live in paradise has nothing to do with living long enough to see meaningful change occur, but instead is because you're too busy hiding or screwing over other people or doing something else ultimately self-defeating.

I'm not even that well-read, but why do transhumanfags never understand trade-offs?

My take on this is that when you can adjust and program your state of mind, you could for example schedule "thoughtless bliss" for an hour and then being switched into a state of mind that amounts to appreciating the bliss you had, but now wanting to have lucid, more meaningful experience.

cant wait for the Immortal Technology

because they're childish wishful thinkers who would have been religious nutjobs in an earlier time

Start working on the research now. Never hope that someone will create the future for you.

You never get release. After death you start this same life again, and again, and again for eternity. Doomed to repeat the same mistakes youve made millions of times over. This is the way it always has been, and always will be. Make the most of it.

Because your question is, ultimately, retarded. Transumanists understand there will be problems as we perfect these processes. We just don't let it make us sit around moping rather than... y'know... '''work to perfect it'''.

But I guess that shit's too hard for your plebeian tastes.

Because rarely do they have any knowledge on the subject. Most, by far, are just the "I fucking love science" crowd

Well, it is far better than the crowds that hate science. At least these morons won't get on the way of progress.

This doesn't really belong here yet. He said he was gonna be doing an "approaches to aging" video next so OP should've waited for that. Talking about future technology is fine and all, but everyone can do it and it's of no consequence. We'll see if that guy knows what he's talking about when he tries to demonstrate the science.

>suffering
is something your brain creates to force you to act on your primal drives and for motivation you are programmed to feel pleasure when you do it, the brain makes you feel suffering to force you to do the pleasure seeking things that will ensure you reproduce hence why most sad people are those who have no friends or cant fuck any gender at all.

To a say monkey suffering is an alien concept because they are cognitively unable to feel it.

As for an immortal deity suffering is nothing more than a hindrance for them so they wouldnt even possess it at all.

proof?

>It's another "every one thinks like me" episode
It's only missing the "if death is no problem anymore then people will just stay in their house jerking off for thousands of years because people can't possibly be motivated to do things without any deadlines" guy

Computer components decay.

You cant prove anything that occurs past the death and rebirth of the universe. I wrote that last night on a heavy dose of LSA, and for a portion of my trip i could remember everything i was doing having been done in my previous life. The universe is 100% deterministic, free will is an illusion and you will live your life in the exact same way infinite times over. Kill yourself and find out. The next few billion years will pass in zero time and you will be born to the same mother in the same hospital under the same circumstances with no memory of what happened.

Death is an essential part in the cycle of life. The old generation dies and leaves behind a new generation with brand new attributes.
A lack of death would ultimately result in stagnation.

sign me up, cant wait to toil forever in the sweat fields so that a rothschild can take instagram selfies of her butt

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Why dont you just get a job that doesn’t suck? Thats what smart people do.

Boy that pic has really become famous since I posted it on /pol/