Why have scientists for years only looked for life and planets by going up...

Why have scientists for years only looked for life and planets by going up? how do they know there isn't any life underneath? I drew a pic so you know what I mean. Also could there be planets below us?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Southern_Observatory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

THERE IS NO REASON DELETE THIS THREAD NOW I SWEAR YOU KEEP DIGGING I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU. YOU ARE DEAD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

They're heads are in the clouds

We do this. In fact the object Niku orbits up and down like pic related. This is some pretty fucking crazy shit if you ask me.

t. illumiNASA

dumbfag here...so we only look "upwards" (is there a up and down in space?) in space? not right, not left, not down? if anyone can have a telescope why didnt anyone do it?

This is why we have telescopes in the southern hemisphere, so we can look down.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Southern_Observatory

t sub terrian

Hubble telescope is in earth's orbit, therefore it does not have this problem.

If one consider's that there's a set probability of a star to has planets and another probability for these planets to be fit for live, it's just a matter to try to analyze a area with the higher concentration of star so the chances of finding life are higher.

Now after analyzing the Solar System we have a model can could be used to filter the results for better candidates, so with good enough coordinates we could scan loads of stars in a good enough range. Covering 100% of the Eartly field of vision is not as simple as it seems but given enough time and funds we cover a great field. It's just a matter of time.

I agree with OP. Occasionally we should also look sideways. In fact, there should be a different space program for each direction...Up-NASA...Down-NASA...Sideways-NASA. That way we'd explore all 4 corners of the universe.

Yes we even satellites that orbit up and down.

Every time you jump, the earth moves, but comes back to the same position when you land. When a rocket leaves, the earth moves and it doesn't return to the same position.

What the fuck are you guys talking about?

It's hard to see down because the earth is blocking the view so we don't know what's down there. Another interesting question is why does the sun shine all day instead of at night when we need it.

>tfw jumping on an elevator confuses the Earth

>if anyone can have a telescope why didnt anyone do it?
It's too scary. You wouldn't either if you had a telescope, trust me.

t. cia nigger

but there are lots of different sideways directions. You'd need a whole gang of sideways nasas, and that would be expensive.

Not with that attitude

t. scorpion king