Which one is the best diet?

Pescetarian, SAD, vegan, etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/01/08/molbev.mss278.abstract?sid=b4cd908b-ee9a-47fb-a1cc-2bf709855cff
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.1330270107/abstract
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Veganism is the "flat-earth" of the diets.

Pescetarian sounds pretty good and light, I'd be one if I had monies to buy descent food.

But muh poor animals

The best diet is a personalized diet using scientific evidence to support it.
>muh veggies and fruits
>muh low fat meat
>muh no processed trash
>muh avocado
>muh nuts
>muh beans
>muh seeds
>muh anti-cancer food

A well balamced diet full of fruit ans veggies with small portions of fish or chicken/other white meat.
Red meat is cancer, processed sugar is cancer, Processes grains are cancer.
Just dont eat shit. Everyone know whats bad for you and whats good. Just dont eat bad foods. its easy.

Also
>inb4 stupid brainlet vegans show up and shit up the thread.

Pescetarian checking in.

nothing is wrong with a little red meat

>Red meat causes cancer is a scientific fact.
>A diet that avoids red meat is the flat-earth of diets.
Veganism goes a bit overboard, but it's more like the radical atheism of diets. The flat-earth of diets would be paleo.

Other than getting cancer.

>muh cancer
The wors argument for veganism/vegetrianism. Do you know what cancer is? Pretty much everything is a carcinogen. Acide from extreme stuff like smoking (and even then), your genes will be far more influential than what you eat.

By intuition, I would say that any diet that mimics the diet of the averege hominid 20 thousand years ago would bring positive results.

50% veggies
30% white meat
20% nuts and seeds

It's pretty simple lads.

Sounds reasonable. I would include some specific fish to that 30% white meat, like salmon and sardine. Fruits should be added to veggies too.

>nuts and seed
gay

This sounds like a pretty neato diet.
Where would you include fruits?

They're tasty and good for you, culinary philistine!

Low carb diet is the best Desu.
Learn to eat more variety and significantly reduce your intake of bread and sugar.

>low fat meat
Someone is owned by (((sugar)))

>sugar
Isn't it something like 20g (preferably), 90g (maximum)?
How much beard are we talking?

This
Also "traditional keto" is for brainlets who want to go into ketoacidosis, Modified Atkins master race reporting in

The act of breathing causes free radicals to form which rip elections off of your cells, causing cancer.

>wow theres this thing we can avoid which causes cancer.
>did you know theres this other thing we cant avoid that causes cancer too? why avoid it and just increase your chance of dieing!
Nice. is this bait? What a shitty argument, if you can call it that.

Any meme diet designed to sell you books about it is shit. Everyone's body is different and you know the best what will make you feel good. General rules are: adjust calorie intake depending on what effect you want and stop eating processed stuff. Works for me so far.

thoughts on brown/white rice?

Brown rice is tasty

>significantly reduce your intake of bread
I literally wouldn't know what to eat if it wasn't for bread desu
I eat 5 times a day I'm not going to cook veggies and meat and shit every time

Ketogenic > all other diets.

The science backs it up. The research is continually finding more amazing results. Seriously, we're talking brain functionality improvements, cancer-fighting improvements, weight, energy, etc.

I highly recommend watching a video or listening to one of the podcasts of Dr. Dom D'Agostino.
Dude is researching Keto benefits for kids and Navy Seals.

nutritionally trash

>Ketogenic.
>Not a primal diet.
Moran.

Should I give up dairy?
How is brown rice trash?
% what? Calories? 50 sounds like a lot for veggies.

>Should I give up dairy?
Only if it doesn't come from raw milk.

Yeah you should quit dairy, having milk instead of water for your meals is nothing but bad, for example.

Eating tasty things, and eating less/exercising more if you start to get fat.

Keto is literally retarded. Enjoy your ketoacidosis, rotting brain and shit breath
Veggies + grains and beans is what I've been on for years, never let me down
I do have excruciating farts sometimes tbn

Ketogenic and FMD are two of the best for many people

mostly vegetarian with small amounts of meat and dairy

The best for health - pescetarian. Also less sugar, no soda and eat more vegetables and nuts.
The best for environment and animals - vegan.
Nothing good. But if you really like rice (and you aren't obese), you can eat it.
"Milk is good for health" is a dairy industry meme, not supported by scientific studies.

>organ meat
>dairy
>fermented foods
>fruits and veggies
>healthy fats
>some carbs

skippy lmao that twitter maniac

>Remove artfical sugars from diet and replace with fruit.
>Focus on improving good bacteria.
Best diet.

>It's already on fire, let's pour gasoline on it!
You

Just stop eating

>You
No, that's you. Not me. I'm merely saying that aside from extreme things like smoking and overtly unhelthy lifestyles, your chances for getting cancer depends on genes primarily. Nothing is on fire.

>your genes will be far more influential than what you eat
old urban myth

source?

>make fraudulous claim
>somebody refutes it
>"SOURCE??"
fuck right off. Do your research on your own, you imbecile.

>I am going fully Skippy on my van.

Either produce recent studies of the benefits of a low-fat diet, or accept that low fat is a sugar-industry meme

shouldnt the differing claim have to provide evidence before the accepted one?

No one has said keto or gomad
I see none of y'all /fitsci/

Best diet is semen.

Something I notice is if I eat constantly (like 8-9 times a day), my bowel movement is very efficient and I shit every morning without fail. Eating that often takes a lot of effort so now I only eat about 5 times a day. I shit about every other day on this schedule.
Is rice/potatoes necessary? I still eat them sometimes just because. Just wanna know if it's necessary.

Creating meat and animal products on large scales requires extremely inefficient usage of resources and results in pollution and depletion of natural resources.

Just don't do it

How do I eat healthily when out and about without spending a lot of money? If I was at home or had access to a kitchen it wouldn't be so bad, but I'm out 12+ hours a day.

>muh efficiency
you want to pack the world full of people for what purpose

we have wayyyy to many people right now, world population should be like 2 billion tops

there's plenty of room and food for everyone if we'd quit feeding retards for "free"

>How do I eat healthily when out and about without spending a lot of money?
Pack a lunch nigger what the fuck. I carry around lunch and dinner every day. Cook dinners up twice a week, have salads with tuna or cream cheese+liver every day, it takes like five minutes to make. Get a salad chopper and you can fit it in a modest tupperware dish.

None, eat meat like you are supposed to

Work the field like you're supposed to

The "common sense diet"
>whole grain bread and pasta
>plenty of fruit and veggies (mix all colors)
>go easy on dairy and processed meats
>be very strict with soda and other high-sugar drinks (max 2 servings/week)
>be very strict with fast food (max 2 meal/month)
>try to cook most of your meals yourself

Evereything else is just some douche trying to sell his snake oil

forgot some fatty fish once a week.

I just miss hardloaf turds. It's all soft-serve nowadays with the occasional painful mass of rabbit pellets.

>carbs
Yeah no

ur supposed to eat fatty fish at least 2 or 3 times a week.

So if our digestive systems evolved to process mostly roots, fruits, and the occasional small animal, all raw, how has that changed as a result of civilization? We have the alcohol tolerance difference, which was recently theorized to have come about through selection for ability to digest rotten fruit. That could have happened a very long time ago though, so it's odd there are differences in alcohol tolerance between human populations.

Keto.

How many calories do you get per day? Like 700?

Source?

nope. It cant hurt, but its not necessary

>carbs
for eople who don't just sit on their lazy asses all day: hell yeah.

people eat high carb diets for millennia. no problems.
people get morbidly obese since the mid '70's
>Must be carbs!

I'm so poor it wouldn't be wrong to claim I'm a vegan, can't remember the last time I ate meat.

vegetarian*

if the millennia you're referring to is the latest handful, I've got some bad news for you...

mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/01/08/molbev.mss278.abstract?sid=b4cd908b-ee9a-47fb-a1cc-2bf709855cff
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.1330270107/abstract
Shermer, Michael (2001) The Borderlands of Science, Oxford University Press
Hermanussen, Michael; Poustka, Fritz (July–September 2003). "Stature of early Europeans". Hormones (Athens)

The switch to a high-carb diet and fixed stockpiles is associated with a dramatic increase in dental diseases. Less so in Asia.
Average height plummeted. Anaemias, vitamin deficiencies, and spinal deformations shot up.
Obv. there's no way of saying for sure it was simply the carbohydrate intake that caused all that; stockpiling-agriculture introduced pressure to conflict, lower return-on-investment than hunter-gatherer lifestyles, bound people in space to their stockpiles, and allowed the evolution of the state.
Still, there's pretty good evidence that the inferior diet played a role in the malnutrition and dental epidemics that began to plague humans.

The world is already packed, which is EXACTLY why we need to use resources more efficiently

And if you live in the first world and eat red meat, then the massive government subsidies necessary for farmers to get by while selling the produce to supermarkets so cheaply means that you're the retard getting fed for 'free'.

Die of malaria like you're supposed to

>the inferior diet played a role in the malnutrition
The inferiority comes from the singularity of the diet. Eating almost ONLY carbs is bad. Just like eating ONLY meat or ONLY anything. Variety is key. And carbs are a great source of energy in a varied diet.

Ketogenic (no carb, a lot of fat) because I was diagnosed with insulin resistance so it's required now (along with a drug of course) because I don't want it develop into hypoglycemia like it did for my mother. The big plus is it's really good for weight loss.

>which is EXACTLY why we need to use resources more efficiently
no, it's why we need to kill more people or otherwise let them die

Mediterranean diet best diet

I can afford eggs though.

>no red meat
>no animal fats besides fish oil
>fish
>lotsa veggies
>whole grains
pretty much all that's supported by science

Eat once a day.

>pretty much all that's supported by the science I pay attention to

yeah exactly

vegan = no eggs

Brainlet.

Oh shit I got it confused, you're right it's actually the other way around.

Canine teeth existence and common sense

Lacto-vegetarianism, all the foods you eat are sattvic.

Or he is owned by his diet, if you actually read it you would realize he is getting a lot of fat from seeds, nuts, and avocado to begin with. I know you want to justify eating whatever the fuck you want but a high fat diet (re beyond what you need) is more unhealthy than otherwise. There is an entire generation of baby boomers who werent obese but have a higher incidence of cardiovascular disease than subsequent generations in part from the high fat diets they consumed.

k the artificial sugar meme needs to stop, granulated sugar is the same shit nutritionally as grating up some sugar cane. Replace what the average NA eats in sugar with fruit is still retarded because the total amount consumed should be much lower

I want him to get impaled. Just a little. Just rectal insertion until perforation of the sigmoid into the retroperitoneal space, and left there on IV saline until death from sepsis.

Vegetarian here, my diet is as follows:

40% carbs
40% fruits and veg
20% nuts/peanut butter (anything with protein in really

Works great

>40% carbs
>40% fruits and veg
>20% nuts/peanut butter
so 80% carbs..

What's it like living with epilepsy?

Red meat is good specially if u need iron. Just don't be a stupid, be sure u don't pick cuts with a lot of fat, and try to remove all the fat u can see. Also, just eat it twice a week.

Whatever you like the best, excersise is the imortant bit

Subtle

not really, but i do think he should go to jail if he did rape kids.