Greatest novel ever written

We got it the first time you posted it.

I don't think you did.

>the whiteness of the whale

that's not my diary

Moby Dick is the greatest novel ever written

The Scarlet Letter > Moby-Dick

fight me

you gotta be kidding me. i mean, i know melville himself called hawthorne a genius, but moby dick is faaar superior.

Please stop talking about this book before it becomes a meme. Only start new threads about this book if you have something interesting to say.Moby Dick is the greatest book but please stop saying that.

Moby-Dick is a meme.

When I was a kid we moved to a new house, and while my dad and I were unpacking his books, which were mostly mysteries and thrillers, I pulled out an old yellowed paperback of Moby-Dick. "Ah," said my dad, coming over to me, "You know, I always thought that one day I'd find time to sit down and read Moby-Dick."

It's one of those books Americans, especially American men, feel it's their duty to read, even if they don't read literary fiction, or much fiction at all. It's a prominent presence in the American cultural imagination.

it's an epic in prose

Nerd

>this anecdote has any bearing on the novel

>you must be this much of an asshole to post any further

moby dick is sick af yo, dat squeeze of the hand...

Great little story kiddo

I love Moby Dick, I love Lolita, I love Anna KarĂȘnina, I love One Hundred Years of Solitude, I love Memoirs of Hadrian, but the greatest novel of all time is, without a doubt, War and Peace.

Lol pleb

>read Moby-Dick
>wonder if there's a point in reading anymore because how could anything compare

Your dad is a philistine and so are you

If you think number 1 is Dom Quixote you should be hanged.

I would rather have Moby-Dick be our meme book than fucking Infinite Jest. I'll take that any day of the week.

I'm confident it's either the Bible, Quixote, the Decameron, Moby Dick, Karamazov, Ulysses or The Recognitions. How pleb am I?

who cares, novel is a pleb genre

Why is this still a question? The answer was given in 1922 when Ulysses by James Joyce was published. Not memeing at all, it isn't even my personal favorite novel, but it is certainly the best novel I have read. I won't hold out thinking nothing can ever surpass it, but I'd be very surprised if anything better was written during my lifetime.

your dad is a phillippine and so are you

bump

>the Bible

confirmed for not actually reading the entire Bible cover to cover

I mean its great for a re-telling of Paradise Lost...

nerd