Thoughts about Medical Laboratory Science? Is it a meme profession/study?

Thoughts about Medical Laboratory Science? Is it a meme profession/study?

isnt this just a 1 year course for people with BScs that dont want a masters

pays decent, and employment is easily found. My masters in bio isnt worth as much and now imma poorfag

I'm doing it right now, there are a FUCK TON of job openings in SoCal and the pay is nice. Plus I love the lab work

I'm going to be studying this in Southern Europe. How is lab work like? Are the studies hard? Cheers

Can't say much about how it is in Southern Europe but the lab work is how you'd expect it to be, very visual with a lot of differentiating among disease states. I don't find the studies hard but that's because I had a very research oriented background prior to changing to CLS; I knew about the information more than the average person going into CLS

High in demand. Can be on call at night. Rural pays handsomely. Can acquire additional certs. Can be promoted to lab director. Don't even need a bachelors in Canada for it just a two year college diploma that trains you for it.

Lrn2meme fgt pls

No, it's 90-100% job placement before you graduate but available seats in the program are very limited.

Same. A biology education is almost useless.
>tfw the biotech revolution never came

2nd yr biofag here

Wat do?

>bioinformatics(there is few people in that sector that are biologists first, even knowing python can get you easily an internship in a depertment just because every biology student is completly focused on biology)
>Specialice in biotechnology, if your education program allows it(either through masters or optatives or courses) focus on knowing how to use the complicated parts of lab tools so you can save your employer money by not contracting an aditional chemist for that
>Self employment, but finish your degree(or not, all depends on what you want to do in this path) quickly because the market is closing for these oportunities and more farmer, fish farmers or ranchers are becoming inrceasingly tecnified and can actually compete with you.

its a nice wageslave job for morons

Is taking med school (surgeon or doctor) another favorable alternative/s?

how much is a bachelor's degree worth and what are possible master degrees

sounds like something an AI should be doing.

There is a lot of job placement in the field, at least I can say for my area (NYC). I guess salary depends on area but Cali pays well. Potential masters programs (for my school at least) an Advanced Cert. in cytotechnology and biomedical lab management (BLM) if you are sick of working in the bench for years.

You can also move to nursing or PA, PT, med school and use the MLS experience for your application.

I chose this field because of the demand, but other veteran techs wanted me and the other students during my summer internship to stay away from this field. Maybe it's because of the routine work, and not being challenged enough?

I'm into my final year into the program if anyone is curious.

change majors while it's not too late

Bio degree and now considering it after being hplc monkey. Looks somewhat promising for now

No shit, retard.

Where I live they require you to know phlebotomy. I love working in the lab but I don't do needles, and don't want to get AIDS from some random needle accident. But I was interested in getting my MLT/MLS, just the whole phlebotomy thing stopped me. I see job postings for it all the time, though now I work in quality assurance for a medical device company and it's pretty nice. Pretty sure the pay is better than most MLT jobs, and it's easier without the pressure of working on someone's lifechanging diagnosis every day, but I was lucky I guess. Microbiology BS is my background.

I'm currently finishing my BS in it, work as an MLT full time making $20/hr. After graduation in April I'll be making $25/hr. I started this job in April. Live in Utah where the market is flooded with MTs though.
My school has amazing faculty, it's very cheap, and if you plan to go onto Grad school of any sort they train you well for it. You have a ton of job opportunities, anywhere from just running samples to doing phlebotomy, processing, and testing.
The biggest downside is that California and New York and a few other states require their own specific year of school and certification, making it a pain in the ass for any Techs who got their degree/certificate outside of those states to work there.
In my program I even had the opportunity to do an entire research project on Crispr/dcas9 with some friends. We wrote the grant, papers, did it all, and the only professor's names associated with it were ones we had to ask questions. It was our own project as undergrads

Also it's a great BS degree to get because it prepares you well for medical related grad schools (3 people in my current class year have already been accepted into MD schools), and if life doesn't end up going that direction for any reason, you still have a $50k/yr job with the ability to move up to management. My specific school also has one of the largest online MT programs in the US, although I'm a campus student.

I myself want to get a Master's in Biomedical Informatics, this prepares well along with some statistics and coding courses.

>Going bio
>Not going into pharma or pursuing a medical masters or doctorate

Get experience. Most jobs you'd want will require Chem/Bio/Biotech anyways and so they're more interested in what you can do. I worked as a pharmacy technician during college and when I got out that experience actually landed me a 65k/year job out of school because I could put down 4 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry since HR is always without fail filled with retards. You degree is going to matter little when getting entry level jobs.