Favorite uthor from your country

Tell us where your from by sharing your countries personal favorite author. I'll start:

Erich Maria Remark

>unironically
>liking
>Remarque

Hermann Hesse, if you count him as Swiss

I've read Im Westen nichts Neues and I absolutely hated it desu.

I don't agree with you but I forgive you

Hab noch nie was von Grass gelesen.
Welches würdest du vorschlagen?

>Ist schon Grass oder?

Juan Rulfo

Is it true that Ukrainian towns once were incredibly beautiful with roofs of Gold and enormous cathedrals and halls but with the rise of the sovietunion and then the destruction world war 2 brought it was nearly all lost?

Italy

It's either Giorgio Manganelli or Ernesto De Martino, for completely different reasons.

Well, many ancient churches have survived. Kiev during the war was bombed, but it was rebuilt.

Indra Das

we don't have much else to choose

>Indra Das
contemporary writer admired on Veeky Forums and not DFW

Italy

Edoardo Sanguineti

Norway

Knut Hamsun

Hey good choice

Thanks mate. I love his first poems.

Henry Miller

Gonçalves Dias

Euclides da Cunha

Ma che pensate voi di Dante, Petrarca, Leopardi e tutti gli altri?

(Perdonate si ho fatto errori. Sto imparando ancora!)

José Domingo Gómez Rojas

No es muy conocido pero su obra me afectó sobremanera.

In my country, this man is everything

You mean euromaidan and then the coup and then the civil war.

They deserved it for sucking europe's dick.

nicht OP, aber Grass ist mein Lieblingsautor und du mußt am wenigstens "Die Blechtrommel" lesen. Danach, "Der Butt" (langsamer gehend, aber übergenießbar auch). Entschuldigung für mein Deutsch, ich kann es wirklich nur lesen, und ich lerne noch.

>Ma che pensate voi di Dante, Petrarca, Leopardi e tutti gli altri?

The founding fathers of waifuism!

Penso che non vengano citati in un thread come questo perché sono dati per scontato, e spesso sono gli unici esempi di autori italiani menzionati su Veeky Forums. In realtà la letteratura italiana è talmente piena di gemme (a partire dal medioevo fino all'epoca contemporanea) che non basta una vita ad apprezzarle tutte.

Too inconsistent imo. Mysteries was fantastic, Hunger was great. Pan and Growth of Soil were good (I can understand why Pan can be favourite-material). Victoria was bad and bland.

seriously good or is it only famous because of how controversial it was when it first came out?

Confermo quello che ha detto Prendi Sergio Corazzini, un altro autore che avrei voluto citare in questo thread. È morto a 21 anni, ha lasciato poche poesie ma è praticamente unico nel suo genere e i suoi versi mi tornano sempre in mente. Non è forse questo l'obiettivo più alto di tutta la letteratura?

Poland

Witold Gombrowicz

It is good. There is some surprisingly beautiful writing in it. Some funny parts too. And I enjoyed the long bits about cunt as well.

Last year I toured all the bookstores in Krakow looking for Gombrowicz's books, and no one had them.

Finally, on the suggestion of a bookseller I went looking for him in a store that sold school stuff (the one bookstore I hadn't visited because it looked boring). Basically, they had to carry it just because kids are required to read Gombrowicz in school.

You Polish should take better care of your national treasures.

David Foster Wallace

no contest really

netherland

Gerard Reve

Nice, what books would you recommend? So far I like De avonden and Het boek van violet en dood.

Zbigniew Herbert

Almeida Faria.

Almeida Faria

Thanks bro, didn't catch that the first time.

Sorry.

urmuz

subtle bait, with the communism bashing image and the jeer at Trump (who we all k n o w cant read lol!) who said All Quiet was his favorite book

it was pretty good desu

small country, few choices worth considering

Guimarães Rosa

Guimarães Bernardo

Marin Sorescu. Born in the same village as my father. He's a sort of must read in my family but I honestly think he is one of the greatest writers from inside the Iron Curtain.

none, i'm not a pleb

He's the first one that came to mind.

Everyone who knows anything about romanian poetry knows him, m8.

observant little kid, aren't ya

I really didn't care for de avonden in middle school but this makes me wanna read it again. Too bad it's impossible to get dutch epubs.

Also my favorite dutch author is Nescio. But I'm not that well-read in Dutch as I could be. Tried Eline Vere a few months ago but the prose was way way too flowery. I'm thinking about trying out LP Boon sometime. Any dutch books you can rec?

Harry Martinson

italy, i especially like Arbasino

dipende, a scuola diventavano spesso noiosi per il modo ottuso o addirittura sbagliato con cui venivano spiegati, visto che si fa riferimento a testi scolastici sviluppati da critiche letterarie diventate mainstream ma non necessariamente vere (they became memes)

si leggeva poco e si studiava per lo più la letteratura intesa come storia delle correnti letterarie (cosa pensava leopardi? perché? come viveva? contesto storico? in che anno ha scritto questo o quest'altro? e alla fine si leggevano 4/5 poesie)

>Everyone who knows anything about romanian poetry
Which unfortunately is virtually no one

Bolaño.

Even though he didn't even considered himself "Chilean". He also doesn't get the recognition he deserves here in Chile. Maybe it's too soon yet.

Leonard Cohen

Bella scelta Arbasino, se fosse tradotto piacerebbe molto anche a questa gente qui

E hai ragione anche sul resto

Nicanor Parra

Lourenço Mutarelli.

what the FUCK is an uthor

Dunno. Virginia Woolf I guess.

I really like Machado de Assis

>Nicanor Parra
is he still alive

Yes, he is, bro. 102 years and still counting. Great dude 2bh.