All my books arrived in the post this morning

>all my books arrived in the post this morning
>still on Veeky Forums talking about them
>probably will never read them

Post books.

Sucks to be you.

Let's have a skype conversation, op

fuck off you fat baby

I asked which Nietzsche book to start with, some kind Veeky Forums user recommended The Genealogy of Morals, the fucker probably spent five minutes typing the response. Sorry.

I also bought The Price (Machiavelli) having read that it was influential in politics.

Plus I picked a couple from the recent top 100 books poll: Gravity's Rainbow and Blood Meridian, and thought I'd give Franzen a try with The Corrections.

>everyday a book arrives in the post
>still spends all day shitposting on Veeky Forums

Damn, life is a trick.

wew you fell for the memes hook line and sinker. You're like a new /mu/ who

>Listens to Death Grips once

and starts posting on facebook about them being the greatest most subversive band of all time

I tried listening to Death Grips but all I heard was noise. I don't listen to music much, usually just catch pop shit that's easy to digest like Taylor Swift or Radiohead.

Twin Peaks is a meme.

>babby /mu/tant tries to bait
Fuck off back to your dump.

nothing is a meme if you like it genuinely. But buying the readymade list of memefavorites on any particular board just to 'dive in' is fuckin gross

/mu/core is a pretty good entry point into music.

But how does one genuinely like Twin Peaks? Do you like it? What drew you in?

Who is John Galt?

Mulholland Drive has been a favorite movie of mine since I was 16 or 17 and was in my 'mewvie buff' phase, I slowly got into his other movies then watched Twin Peaks after I had seen 4 or 5 movies once I found out he was involved in it. This was like 9 years ago. I don't love it as much as I did then but I'm still a big fan of the show

/mu/ has a bad taste, and they are even bigger snobs than Veeky Forums.

>/mu/ has a bad taste
Stop posting, you might actually be a retarded person.
>bigger snobs
>oh no! someone has listened to more than a hundred albums!

I never liked Lynch. It seems than most people that like his movies grew up in the 90's.

out of the big 3, /mu/core is probably the best starter pack. /tv/'s is too pleb and Veeky Forums's is too overstuffed with 20th century high school books, but to seem intelligent they also included the most notoriously difficult books written in english so that they could feel less like brainlets

What is your problem?

I'll eat your face, bitch.

You forgot about /v/.

/mu/ does have pretty entry-level and poor taste.
No they're not.
Fairly accurate. /mu/core really needs some non-rock music in it though.

Oh I definitely agree about them being snobs, I think most of it stems from the fact that a great deal of them are still teenagers and feel they need their little totem of 'taste' to feel less insecure. There are people on there that actually listen to music and don't care as much about calling each other plebs, same as Veeky Forums.

no I didn't, I just refused to acknowledge it

Yeah, I get you, but I personally think that video games are a bit better and require more intelligence than tv shows, and most films they post on /tv/.

Video games are a really new artform, and while there are a few interesting works, its potential isn't even close to being realized.

Also /v/ is not a board anyone should visit. While video games have potential, it's being hindered by the moronic userbase.

Yep.

I was jk user ;) I just don't play a lot of v-games so I don't know anything about them. Last game I played was Outlast and I was too much of a pussy to finish it

Best video game I have ever seen was Pathologic, and maybe Deadly Premonition, but video games could be art, only if it gets another name, like interactive visual art, or something like that.

You didn't get meme'd. They are actually great books to start off with.

Read them you faggot. And then keep on reading more after. That is how you get smarterer.

Veeky Forums's starter pack are the greeks - absolutely perfect. your own fault for treating top100 as an entry point. pleb

Video games are already art. Knights of the Old Republic 2, golden age Suda 51, New Vegas, Gone Home and Stanley Parable are all games that I'd consider Art with a capital a.

Academic recognition is slowly developing. I'd give it maybe 20 more years before wide mainstream acceptance.

>an insecure teenager defends his ultra patrician secret club for connoisseurs of p4k-core and professional contrarians
wew. leave and come back when you're older and less retarded.

>but to seem intelligent they also included the most notoriously difficult books

guaranteed some of those texts were actually important. you're meant to rise to them. not write them off to placate your wounded pride that secretly felt too retarded to take on the challenge.

Stanley Parable, KotOR 2 and New Vegas were great. Is Gone Home good? I like walking simulators.

That's not what I meant. The books are great, but are hardly for a beginner. When you see beginning readers buy a stockpile of books online, which include things like Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Catcher in the Rye, and then Ulysses, it seems pretty fuckin pointless

I'm talking specifically about the picture that gets memed around here saying, explicitly, 'Veeky Forums starter pack'

It won't happen, as long as there are Mass Effects, GTAs, CODs, Zeldas, whatever.

>>oh no! someone has listened to more than a hundred albums!

lmao most of /mu/ embrace music as a cultural indicator because serious substantive reading is too difficult and they can feign it nicely with passive media like music and film. i was a /mu/ + /tv/ oldfag years ago. i am telling you the truth. most /mu/ posters are literally afraid of substantive reading because of the effort involved.

it's great that you love music, more power to you, but calm down with this silliness.

how are KotOR2 and New Vegas art? They're just good games

Which one?

>Pathologic

>Book arrived today. Will read it maybe, I don't know. I got a notification from Amazon: "Your package was left in the mailbox." That doesn't mean anything. Maybe I won't read it.

Incredible. As I type I'm sitting in a coffee shop right now and at the table beside me is a guy chain-smoking and texting with a copy of Genealogy of Morals laying unopened.

This one

>tfw my order of 'Bleeding Edge' came in the mail 2 weeks ago but instead of crack it open like an excited wee laddie-o, I have to get through my other three backlog books first

Good. Shit books should be bought and never opened if only to prevent some young bright minds from accidentally absorbing their vile contents and becoming grotesquely deformed. Should have thanked the guy for doing God's work.

KotOR 2 is a postmodern take on the Light-Dark dichotomy of Star Wars. It probably has the best character writing of any 3D RPG. The way that the text approaches the mythos of it's universe is unique and subversive, while still being enjoyable.

It's also kind-of dumb to assert that just a strong mechanical execution isn't enough to be artful. Pong and Tetris are both art as well. So is Super Mario Brothers. So is Half-Life 2. I might not particularly enjoy playing any of the 4 aforementioned games, but I can appreciate them for what they are. Game design is an art

But this is all high school tier? Which of those do you consider 'notoriously difficult'. Not trying to meme, genuinely read 80% of this in high school.

>I am seated in a bedroom, surrounded by unread novels. My shelves are deliberately arranged from the Ancient Greeks to today. This is a cold room in my parents' house, odorous, semen-stained, Febreezed to death against the smell of weed, insulated from parental sounds by a tower fan on blast, which I for my twenty-seventh birthday lately received.

to start with 0 experience? lol no, they are terrible books for that, OP got memed badly

more like i'm a 17 year old girl with a goodreads account starter pack

All those are pretty ligth and actually a good choice for beginners

not on this pack, but people will buy both this and the meme trilogies and wonder why they feel like they're missing out on a lot when they read 'The Recognitions.' Literature isn't like music or film where if you're a reasonably smart person you can watch/listen to whatever and generally get a good feel for what you're experiencing. Too much intertextuality, but too many people want to be 'big boys' and read the hardest stuff first. I guess it shouldn't concern me as much as it does, if people want to waste their neetbucks then feel free. But it's probably going to turn a lot of people off reading for life if they indiscriminately buy random shit they see memed on here

You're either severely underestimating the effort it takes to appreciate more difficult music.

Or you're misinformed on what the more difficult music actually is.

>Literature isn't like music where if you're a reasonably smart person you can watch/listen to whatever and generally get a good feel for what you're experiencing

kek

I really wish the "start with the Greeks" meme would die out.

Gone Home is very good. It's worth the price either on sale or for full.

I think the key is to do a session of reading. and then reward yourself with a few moments of shitposting... Or so a disciplined person would say.

American Psycho isn't high school tier. Bret Easton Ellis is a god amongst men.

The guy you (you)'d. Gone Home was my GOTY of 2013. It's probably the best designed (distinct from best period, mind you) walking simulator out there. Avoid all spoilers and play it. It's doable in one sitting.

You fucking nigger

not my fault music is for brainlets. I guess classical and maybe jazz is another story, but I'm talking about what /mu/ generally listens to

You can't read music. You read books.

>You can't read music.
t. not a musician

How do you read sounds? That must be one high magician.

What "t." mean ?

Aural ability is learnable. Pretty much every educated musician can just read sheet music and "hear" it. This is very important while actually playing music.

No.jpg

That meme is good not only because it fools faggots asking for recommendations, but because it's actually true, you truly need to read the Greeks (and the bible) to understand most of the western literary canon.

It's another pretentious meme from this board.

Isn't everyone who is raised in the Western world and goes through Western schools already familiar with the Western literary canon? What's the point in redundancy?

nice taste boys

Deadly Premonition is an extremely underrated game. It was ahead of its time.

Was mainly referring to Pathologic, but DP is great as well, and not in a "so bad it's good" way that most people seem to take it.

It's not from this board

Where is it from?

/int/

The Origin of Memies by Charles Dawkins

>all my books arrived in the post this morning
>still on Veeky Forums talking about them
>probably will never read them

Veeky Forums in a nuthell

It means something like "signed by"

Eg "Islam isn't that bad guys"

then another poster says t. Ahmet implying he is a muslim shill.

You can use it for everything.

it's from Finnish shitposters. t. - terveisin ("best regards" in English)

Oh how I wish that was still true.

>and not in a "so bad it's good" way
This is true, almost everybody knows this game either because of this, or it's Twin Peaks similarities.
Check out "The Void"

Why isn't it true anymore?