/bant/ couldn't answer it
This is a task for you Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

papers.sae.org/810165/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shear_stress
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

b
coriolis effect

Of course it is going to fucking rotate with the tire.

The air is in contact with the walls of the tire which will impart motion on it.

Fraction exists in the real world

It's quite complex I assume. No easy solution, too many parameters.

If the tire heats up, the air insides try to expand as well going to the edge of the tire.

Wtf you're talking about, shut the fuck up

Wow, I never knew you could place air in a specific place in open spot.

Holy shit shut the fuck up you idiot

You shut the fuck.
If the the asphalt and ambient temp goes down the tire loses pressure besides the usual loss over time due to air due permeation.

You have no clue and should go back to school.

Posts like this are the proof that Veeky Forums is even dumber than any other boards.

That wasn't the question at hand.
The question was how the air reacts to the motion of the tire, which, with friction in mind, should be b).
Also, you should get a slightly more pressure on the outer wall inside the wheel due to inertie of the air, if im not mistaken.

Is this a trick question or something?
Wouldnt it work like when you rotate a cup of water where the liquid remains stationary but picks up velocity over time as water on the edges gets pushed by the cup. It'd be A then slowly become B

The air inside doed rotate with respect to the car. It doesn't with respect to the tire.

you can't know as the air molecules are indistinguishable, which are impossible to track

not even sci can figure this one out
It will always remain a mystery

apply no-slip condition at both inner and outer radii-at steady state the air does not move w.r.t. the tire

this

2nd

>What is inertia
It's obviously b you turboshitters

this. It rotates with the tire but in a pattern dictated by the roational speed of the air, the diameter of the tube, and the friction coeff of the tube.
Its not exactly the pattern from this pick but its close enough. its more like water going around a perpetual corner if you know what that looks like.

But the inner radii is smaller than the outer radii, so there would be a variance in the zero slip boundary, so I don't think the air would be at rest.

What the hell does inertia have to do with this?

At steady state the fluid at the inner and outer walls is stationary relative to the tire, i.e. the air travels at the same angular velocity as the tire.

>Spin an egg
>Stop it
>Let go

There's your answer.

Anyone with a record player can show that the air moves with the tire by putting a glass of water with some pepper in it on the turntable.

Its b. The tire exerts friction to the air molecules near it, which ends up pushing the whole air

this

I tried with a tablet in a bottle of water, the tablet moves with the rotation but gets exponentially slower relative to the speed of rotation, its B

you could theoretically place little fans or airflow sensors inside of the tire that can measure the general velocity of the air at various points.

does the inside of the tire slip around the wheel because the outside is spinning faster than the inside?

air has mass, it has inertia, even if very little, therefore at the moment the tire starts spinning, the air in the center of the tire will be stationary until friction between the walls of the tire and the air particles, and then the air particles with themselves, are brought up to the same speed as the tire. So basically

The movement of the air in the tire is not constant as the air has to make contact and "bounce" off the edges in a manner that is very similar to 's diagram. It seems to me that the answer is c, unless choice b implies that the air in the tire is not rotating with the tire in a fixed fashion like the nice, curved, circular lines make it seem.

The question is taking a case where the tire is already in motion at 60mph, if the question asked what the behavior of the air in the tire would be if a stationary car (with a stationary wheel) starting motion then the air would behave in a manner like you described, starting with A and slowly turning into B (Or C if choice B is implying the position of the air in the tire is fixed as it rotates with the tire) as the air interacts with the edges of the tire.

the question is asking for a constant velocity on a long road->steady state. at steady state the dissapative effects of viscous friction will counteract any inertia from the acceleration of the tire so all of the air inside the tire will be rotating at the same speed as the tire.

Ffs, it's B

The greatest force acting upon the air is compression, which increases density, which increases friction.

I hate pineapple on pizza.

No one knows. Scientists to this day can't figure it out. They tried using see through tires one time, but the air was see through too so it didn't help. It is the dark energy of fluid dynamics.

Pretty much, EXCEPT:

>I hate pineapple on pizza
How fucking dare you, I will kill you for this. Listen here, little boy, let me tell you a fundamental truth of our existence and you better NEVER forget it:

Gross Tier:
Pineapple alone on a cheese pizza

Alright Tier:
Pineapple with a nice meat like sausage or ham on a pizza

Good Tier:
Pineapple with a nice meat and mushrooms

GOD Tier:
Pineapple, Mushrooms, Sausage/Ham, Jalapenos, Olives, and maybe some Bell peppers

Hm, the mushrooms (porcini) would definitely allow for a counter-balance of the acid.

I submit to your Pizza*pi

agreed

papers.sae.org/810165/
"Peak speeds of about 30% of the tire road speed were measured."

Yes, and?

The greatest fractional force applied over all energy impulses is compression when it comes to matter/material differentials, which is what the question asks for.

Does it to more A, B, or NEITHER. It does more B than A or NEITHER. The linguistic ambiguity can suck ma dick.

B > A > NEITHER

2 > 1 > 0

>I hate pineapple on pizza.
Yet another reason to hate Simon Cosgrove.

The air inside the tire is at very high pressure, which means there is a lot of it pressed against the inside of the tire, therefore the tire transfers motion to the air as it turns since they impart friction on each other

unless said tards from /b/, /r9k/ and /bant/ are also posting in this thread, i assume all the answers above mine are the same

The next question is how the air moves around inside the tire.
Is it chaotic, or does it have any somewhat regular pattern?

B
>wheel moves forward
>momentarily there is a pressure differential, more pressure at the back, if forward is the direction of motion
>then that equalizes
>literally not important, but we continue onwards
>wheel spins
>air incident with the edges of the tire, instead of simply reflecting back (as per ideal gas assumptions) both reflects, and has motion imparted into it by the tire.
>it now has linear momentum in the tangent direction to the angular momentum of the wheel's edge at the time.
>The wheel being much larger than the gas molecule, is infintesimally slowed down by this, but the gas molecule is accelerated.
>This gas molecule imparts that new momentum onto other gas molecules, before eventually colliding with the edge of the tire again and gaining more momentum to spread
>this occurs to about a septillion gas molecules a second.
EZ

>we're talking about motion of air particles in a tire
>some cunt tries to sound smart by bringing in variables that have no effect on the outcome
>"hurr durr Veeky Forums is full of brainlets and retards"

There will be shearing on the edge, so basically it will kinda move with the tires.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shear_stress

c

Yeah and your failure to grasp that the question being asked has an answer that is independent of the mentioned variables is proof of the lack of critical thought you put into this.

Dude mushroom dont belong in god tier be real, IF they were always sauteed PRIOR to baking the pizza they would be elder god tier. But they always throw them on raw and then the massive water content comes out during baking turing your pizza into an even shittier version of dagobah.

Turbulent air movements in the general direction of rotation

>implying I have an egg

Do we assume friction?
Do we assume thermodynamic effect?