Film taste of Veeky Forums

What is your favourite film Veeky Forums ? For me it's The Lives of Others, the best film ever made. Film adaptation of Satantango comes after it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJEoLRmoEAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bretty gud user

The one with your mom and two black fellas. Fuck off to your shitposting board. Sage.

Edgy.

>implying I'm shitposting

Come back when you finish 8th grade

being john malkovich or somethin, i dunno man.

>edgy
>implying
How is your first day on Veeky Forums going, bubbah? To reiterate: fuck off to /tv/ or /soc/.

Not bad but not that good.Try again

I don't care about 'best films' (it's a dull medium) but American Graffiti interested me the most.

Literature and film go perfectly hand in hand. I don't see why you are being so rude. Das Leben Der Anderen is one of the most beautiful, moving film ever made.

Why are you being a dick?

try again? fuck off, you asked for MY favorite movie. this fucking guy.
>hey Veeky Forums, please reinforce my own opinions for me!

Not that fag but I disagree. Film and lit is very different. You will bever be able todo with film with what you with an incredibly well written novel or poem. Similar other way around but it's different.

i hate writing on my phone.

At the moment my favourite films are Dario Argento's earlier production (let's say, until Phenomena) and the neo-Giallos of Cattet&Forzani - I feel like other movie genres/archetypes lack the possibility of experimenting graphically while still managing to be a coherent whole open to interpretation and "chill" vision.
Stuff like Brakhage or Anger or Benning is incredible, of course, but it often feels like a needless exercise in solipsism (which it isn't, I know, I've read their texts): I much prefer to see those ideas incorporated in a more narrative, even if unconventional, project.
Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Electric Dragon 80.000v and Throw Away Your Books, Rally in the Streets are also good example of what I've just said.

I tried watching Satantango as my first Tarr, it felt weirdly compelling and relaxing as a viewing experience - shame I got the book in the mail and resolved to read it first.

Look, being John Malkovich is like the 1984 for movies. It's not bad, but it's so overrated. Spin the wheel again cunt before I put a spell on you.

hey, why dontcha go suck a dick, eh?

my favorite movie is something other than yours. in that regard it is infinitely superior, since it's fucking MINE.

Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

youtube.com/watch?v=wJEoLRmoEAE

The cinematography is amazing, the pacing is meditative, the score is haunting, the acting by both Affleck and Pitt is masterful, the interplay between their characters is Shakespearean.

I really like it, and it hurts me that there allegedly is a 4 hour director's cut which we will most likely never see.

Just because it's yours does not make it infinitely superior. I just put a black magic spell on you enjoy your bad fortune in life.

Ugh

it does make it infinitely superior in the sense that i can only enjoy my favorite film as i am built to enjoy it. i cannot enjoy your favorite film as you would, so it has little use for me comparatively. by my measure of value, it is indeed infinitely superior.

Your choice of film is objectively inferior and less meaningful than my choice of film thus I am superior to you :)

>celebrating taste in 'film'

Might as well celebrate your refined taste in reality tv

What about my refined taste in food and wine? I am currently creating a decadent amouche bouche for my boyfriends medical school graduation and I couldn't be more enthralled at the prospect of indulging in this incredibly delicious and sophisticated fare.

>spoiled juice and unseasoned white people food

>can't detect obvious bait and sarcasm

Is it autism?

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is my favourite film

Master and Commander is my favourite movie

Zerkalo, Tree of Life, Three Colors Blue / Red, Last Year at Marienbad, Days of Heaven, Citizen Kane, Blue is the warmest color, umberto D.,

Andrej Rubliov by Tarkovskij

>Tree of Life
>Citizen Kane
>how to tell someone is a pseud

Metropolis. Fritz Lang is probably my favourite director, in that he has the most films that I could feasibly fit in a top 100. I don't like his later works much though.

I rarely watch films these days, but my "recent" favourites are Spring Breakers, Whiplash and There Will Be Blood. It's not often something interests me now, though I used to be massive on film.

>Spring Breakers

>the best film ever made
no. i'm not trying to shit on you and your taste, it's a stupid thing to argue about and futile, but: everything after the woman gets run over by the car is kitschy happy ending shit and makes me cringe. the accident would have been the perfect ending.

last year at marienbad is goat tho

ok bro i'll bait, you even found a pic etc 6/10 for the effort

Mind telling me what makes it look like bait?

I've seen a lot of movies, and I have favorites of different genres, but my personal favorite is The Last Samurai

you might say it ain't your preferred medium. but yeah i do agree with alan moore on the subject of adaptations, different arts have different rules

films mentioned on Veeky Forums should be Veeky Forums related. i.e an adaptation of a novel, a biography of a writer etc

we have a board for general discussion of film

It's a shame /tv/ is a contender for the worst board.

okay, so this just becomes a Cormac McCarthy thread?

>okay, so this just becomes a Cormac McCarthy thread?
well at least it would be Veeky Forums related

don't be so melodramatic

Citizen Kane is the sole reason film stopped being shit
kys

What the fuck are you even on about

I've seen better movies but this is my favorite by far.

there have been films that appreciate films as an artform before Citizen Kane you charlatan

ew, i dont agree at all. the whole point of the film is the stasi guys re-humanization. his actions bring about good. its a romantically-slanted film. ending on tragedy would have fucked the whole thing up

thats simply not true

People like you are literal scum.
Give me a list of this 3x3 so I don't have to cut them in paint and reverse search each one.

Herzog, Haneke, Cassavetes, and Cronenberg

>film stopped being shit
nah

I always thought it was a shitty movie full of cliches.

8 of the best movies made in the last 60 years.

L'avventura
8 1/2
Vivre Sa Vie
Vertigo
Walkabout
Three Colors Blue
Chungking Express
Mulholland Drive
The Tree of Life

Cosmopolis why? A boring book and an even more arduous film