What/who to read that destroys identity politics?

What/who to read that destroys identity politics?

Other urls found in this thread:

thenorthstar.info/?p=11299
cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=dIEemKcy-4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretty much any good classic literature shows life without these annoying precepts.

Nothing can. Not even marxism.

>goldstein

and they say memes arent real

>emily ((((goldstein))))

/pol/ is always right

Foucault ironically

Fuck off from Veeky Forums with your garbage threads
And spend less time going to sites like that one that you already know you hate just intentionally looking for things to be pissed off about by bloggers with shit opinions, this is the behavior of the mentally ill

>being this triggered by a thread about books
maybe Veeky Forums isn't the place for you.

>a thread about books
o i am laffin

>a thread about books
neck yourself

Identity politics has really been drained of its sense of urgency since Trump was elected. I would recommend finding something with currency to read

I'm a Marxist and I feel like commenters like you are doing more wrong than good with your millennial kneejerk "delet this" crap.

This discussion will NOT undermine any true leftist cause at all.
In fact, idpol was taken down far earlier by leftist thinkers than by the alt right.

At this point identity politics is enstranging white people from anything remotely leftist looking, because the idpol crowd reduced everything to race, gender and sexual orientation. So of course the white, male and straight group of any nation affected by it is going to identify with their race, gender and sexual orientation... and guess what, you can't win that fight in a white majority country as a minority. Which COMPLETELY undermines open societies as such.

This shit just fosters fascism. These people are more of a problem than the alt right.

Not true. They're becoming even more fanatical now Trump has won. There is a sense of urgency among liberals far more than under Obama.

>I'm a Marxist
>commenters
>millenial
>true leftist cause
>fosters fascism

Go back.

>post begins with what/who to read
>not about books
if you can't even read posts, you definitely shouldn't be on Veeky Forums. this is a place for people who enjoy reading.

Fuck off /leftypol/ you're as bad as the Alt-Right and equally don't belong here

>he uses Veeky Forums lingo and isn't a liberal, so that's FASCISM AND WE MUST SMASH SMASH SMASH IT

Fuck you.
You adolescent fuckfaces are the reason nothing ever gets done.

We don't like spooked up ideologues here whatever their persuation, go read a book faggot

I've noticed people becoming more openly Marxist but identity politics seems to me (and those others) like a relic of liberal capitalism rather than a key concern of humanity at this point. Maybe you follow some dishonest cultural critics.

I really hate titles like this.
Mainstream media is doing it too. This buzzfeed tier "this is happening/happened AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL"

Can you please return to actual journalism for a fucking change? I don't require your judgement about a particular event or development, you pieces of fucking doodoo.

hahahahahahaha

inb4 thread gets deleted and the leftist philosopher ones stay up

>he thinks Foucault is a "leftist philosopher"

Read more

Fucking kys
>AWOOOOO DAY OF THE HELICOPTER COMMIES
isn't a thread. If your movement had any ideological coherence you'd make a thread about one of its philosophers. Like fuck man make a thread about Chesterton or Evola or some other hack. This is just bait.

>haha, we have REAL philosophers, you guys don't ;)
>oh these dudes? lol no they're not philosophers
>oh pre-modern philosophers? Yeah those were actually preparing the way for the Left * sniff * and would be totally cool with secular ideologies that encourage ethnic displacement

the whole board of peace itself

hahahaha

thenorthstar.info/?p=11299

Who does the modern left have as a philosopher? A person running for DNC said her job was to shut down white people. Western philosophy is pretty fucking white.

For a leftist critique of IDpol, see Adolph Reed, Walter Benn Michaels, and Thomas Frank.

Nothing, identity is the issue of our age...

difference and repetition

also identity politics merely express social capital

Anything by Thomas Sowell

Lenin

>by (((Emily Goldstein)))

>black Lanceot
>BLACKED Guinevere

read /pol/......and go back there

Here are some starting criteria:

The works of the Stoics (these namely kill offense culture and the political correctness it spawns), books which prove why using logic and reason (these being two of the things that identity politics utterly rejects) is better than acting only on one's emotions, books which best defended individualism while also thoroughly crushing collectivism, the works from the philosophers in the Age of Enlightenment that posit ideas which are now considered bedrock principles in modern day United States conservatism (John Locke and those he most inspired being obvious examples), the books which set out and defend capitalism, books which show the horrific results of communism and and creating a protected class, and books which rationally defend having good traditions.

>What/who to read that destroys identity politics?
>destroys identity politics
>read

"Nothing was ever solved by non-violence." - Homer Simpson

This is what you want.

>Veeky Forums lingo
>liberal
>fascism
you somehow completely misinterpreted the most straightforward of posts and looked like a retard in the process

please stop using this board thank you

>>oh pre-modern philosophers? Yeah those were actually preparing the way for the Left * sniff * and would be totally cool with secular ideologies that encourage ethnic displacement

This is obviously true since most of them gave no shits about ethnicity to begin with. Pretty much all the philosophers between the Renaissance up to the 19th century only cared about God

cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

came in here to post Adolph reed myself

Start with the Greeks.

This. At least I think so. Leftist pundits and their syncophants are always talking about "muh racism". Just look at any SNL skit from the past year. And yes, I know SNL is not that popular or influential, but the obsession with racial identity politics depicted on it is a sign that racial identity-based political movements are still prevalent.

They also thought africans were a bunch of subhumans.

All signs do generally point in that direction...

Interesting. I do not consider myself the least bit Marxist, but I basically agree with everything you've said. However, it's hard for me to rationalize that the idpol "leftists" are truly worse than, or even as bad as the alt right. Do you really think that the idpol people are worse?

Read the Stoics.

>What/who to read that destroys identity politics?

If it bothers you then may I suggest not browsing the internet and reading a magazine or a book instead. While the internet was cool when once upon a time when it used to only attract nerds and enthusiasts, it's been the watering hole of normal people for quite a few years now and it's no coincidence that it's gone to complete shit.

>Goldstein
Why is it always Germans?

Yes and ...?

kekekekekek

Which group has had more damaging influence on the modern day Western world with the past twenty years?

We need to go back to the "classical liberalism" from the age of enlightenment and far older classics it was inspired by instead of both sets of bad ideas which came from the 1800's and early to mid 1900's. The aforementioned enlightenment and classical values are now primarily conservative notions within the United States.

*within the past twenty years

It's not strictly speaking marxists, though. It's more middle-class marxists; those who don't understand the issue surrounding class conflicts. Because they're shallow as fuck, they naturally gravitate towards issues of appearance as anything else would be slightly too much of a shock for them.

Not him, but I think it's difficult to split hairs over whether idpol or alt-right is worse, the latter including many who are outright white idpol. Also, it's not helpful trying to figure out whether an idpol movement styles itself as left-wing or not, because why should that matter for a group that is seeking to advance its parochial interests? You end up with situations like Judith Butler inquiring whether Hamas and Hezbollah "part of a global Left" just because they declare they are pursuing "social justice", as though you're picking teams for sports. RSS and BJP in India are as anti-imperialism and anti-colonialism as anyone, and Hindutva is essentially Hindu idpol, but there aren't many self-proclaimed leftists clamoring to make common cause with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIEemKcy-4E

I sincerely hope from my bottom of my heart you heal yourself soon. Good luck on your journey.

>(((((((stein)))))))

>not kicking them while they are down
We shan't be merciful.

really, this. people throw around the term cultural marxist when it was foucault's work on the relationships of power, discourse, and truth that allow for the challenging of traditional doctrine.

Thanks, these statements make sense to me. Although I should probably learn more about classical liberalism to really understand your () point here.

Particularly this I agree with . It irks me how people can be, simultaneously, so superficial and so holier-than-though (in a secular way, of course).

But at the same time I ultimately think I agree with this statement the most . There are all sorts of groups that try to appropriate the victim narrative for their own petty ends. Even when they truly have been victims, what the demand needs to be done to rectify past wrongs often seems less than reasonable, e. g. some critic on NPR who said it's unacceptable for a band with all white members, Coldplay, to produce a music video featuring Indian people as extras.

But also reactionary/right wing groups do it too. Appropriating the victim narrative that is. My mind was sort of wandering in this past post.