Future classics

What books printed in the last fifty years or so, will still be in print in another 50 years?

Let's predict future classics

probably those emoji Shakespeare adaptations

Kazuo Ishiguro's 'Never Let Me Go'. An achievement.

Please no

Harry Potter, John Green's books, my diary and that female poet you lot like

Hey, do those editions actually exist? I think they're beautiful

I'm not OP. Yes, they do exist. And they actually happen to be one of the worst selling lines of classic reprints to date. Why? Because buyers don't want cloth-bound hardbacks. There's a perishability in cloth that is at odds with the idea of a hardback.

Well, I like cloth-bound hardbacks, so give em to me. Seriously, anyone wanna send me his beautiful Penguin classics by post?

Infinite Jest

Everything by Calvino

or Bolaño. Or Saramago.

But those are easy picks.

The designs are of such low quality that they'll be scatched off before you take the books home. Do not buy, my friend

Same with McCarthy.

Don't buy them, they're cheap. The design scratches off very easily, and the bookmark fell out on the first day

Those hardbacks are travesty for not including the traditional designs. They look cringeworthy AF.

Life of Pi imo

Infinite Jest as well

people will say "well its not amazing but its a very good representation of [some post-internet 21st century yuppie bullshit]"

le zeitgeist mém

fifty shades of grey

this post implies you actually read that shit

cringe

>Life of Pi imo

The first half is quite decent even if the prose is a bit obnoxious, and the message is plain stupid. The second part were he eats tiger shit and punches a shark, or that stupid carnivore island is quite retarded. I don't think it's 100% shit, but it's pretty poor.

What was the point of the book except for Pi realizing that tigers actually eat people?

The popomos in general tbqh. Unfortunately.
IJ will be either seen like Hunger or like Ulysses for popomo. Probably the former.

If on a winter's night a traveler is so comfy

It's going to be the Harry Potter equivalent or some complete obscurity nobody hasn't even heard about yet.
Listened to a podcast(don't remember what and cant find it) where somebody argued this is what history tells about the predictions like these.

kys

>still be in print
>in the age of digital books

nothing is ever going to go "out of print" again functionally even if they literally go out of print

but anyway, future classics:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1971)
Gravity's Rainbow (1973)
Xala (1973)
The Autumn of the Patriarch (1975)
Ceremony (1977)
Midnight's Children (1981)
Love in the Time of Cholera (1985)
Blood Meridian (1985)
It (1986)
Beloved (1987)
Watchmen (1987)
Soul Mountain (1989)
The Joy Luck Club (1989)
Maus (1991)
Infinite Jest (1996)
A Game of Thrones (1996)
Blonde (2000)
White Teeth (2000)
Perdido Street Station (2000)
American Gods (2001)
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (2007)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2007)
11/22/63 (2011)
Lincoln in the Bardo (2017)

Anne Carson
Krasznahorkai
Adam Zagajewski

None. The codex will die in your lifetime

such a boring and terrible book

you're a boring and terrible book

>American Gods
>Stephen King

The Savage Detectives

Bolaño, senpai.

McElroy, but only in 100 years

Carver
Wallace
McCarthy
Pynchon
DeLillo

Mario Vargas Llosa, most specifically The War of the End of the World.

This desu desu senpai

Books by the following authors:

Pynchon
Vargas Llosa
DFW
Murakami
White Teeth (only Zadie Smith book that has a chance at standing the test of time)
DeLillo

Calvino
Saramago
GGM
McCarthy
Eco
Krazsnahorkai
Bolaño (small following)
McElroy (if he sorts his publishing issues out)

I left guys like Cortázar, Kawabata, Mishima, and Borges out because most of their noteworthy stuff was published before the 50 years period.

maya anjelou and rumi kuar

Fuck off, tao

literally nothing.

I hope every single piece of (((literature))) that mentions anything electronic, modern past 1910, or relevant to our lives today gets destroyed in a massive fire.

God fucking 4th Reich when.

My diary desu

Care to expound, friend?

Is that why Everyman's Library sells literally one billion bookos a year?

I'm hoping published collections of tweets take off in a big way. I've got a fair bit invested in the idea.

>not published collections of Veeky Forums posts
Would be ten times better desu.

Low quality b8 still made me rage a tiny rage in my heart. Thanks for reminding me of my pettiness.

Just go be Amish you Luddite faggot.

Mate that is over a couple of billion posts...
I swear this board and grasping numbers.

>Harry Potter
>classic
>my sides

How can none of you uneducated swines list that one? The Godfather is basically a Dostoevsky novel light.

yea, unlike his diary, rupi kaur and john green

I don't know those books/authors, so forgive me.

Bolaño
Chirbes
Marías
Vargas Llosa
Vila-Matas

Superior Spanish literature.

Milk and Honey

Give me your address

no worries, they are all Veeky Forums memes

lurk before posting

You are a complete and utter moron, all your reedit meme trash will be forgotten as soon as the merchandise dries up.

Internet culture in general eill be seen as abstract art in 70-80 years.
I hope to god some shit like this really does happen not like modern art coming out today id anymore interesting after all.

house of leaves, by Mark Z Danielewski

This book is unadulterated garbage. Puzo has zero literary merit and will only be remembered as a footnote in the history of cinema.

Dunno why it's not talked about more

Literally Harry Potter. The first book was published 20 years ago and it still dominates popular culture. You will never hear the end of it.

I hate these editions

Who thought they were a good idea?