What nootropics work and what do they do for you?

what nootropics work and what do they do for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Drugs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Null_findings_in_systematic_reviews
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Miscellaneous
twitter.com/AnonBabble

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Drugs

I'd rather anons say which ones actually help and which ones do next to nothing (placebo shit backed by some studies and contradicted by other studies)

>which ones do next to nothing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Null_findings_in_systematic_reviews

except they don't include l-theanine in that section. That wikipedia page is shit. Also the term nootropic isn't just used for direct cognitive functioning enhancement, it includes stuff like phenibut and kratom and psychedelics. More 'mind hacks' than concentration helpers.

>except they don't include l-theanine in that section.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic#Miscellaneous
>L-Theanine – A 2014 systematic review and meta-analysis found that concurrent caffeine and L-theanine use has synergistic psychoactive effects that promote alertness, attention, and task switching;[46] these effects are most pronounced during the first hour post-dose.[46] However, the European Food Safety Authority reports that when L-theanine is used by itself (i.e. without caffeine) there is insufficient information to determine if positive health effects exist.[47]

modafinil
I take 100mg as soon as I wake up, and another 100mg at lunchtime.
So good for me.

bump

I've been taking Adderall for years now, 25mg every morning.
This thread lead me to look up other "nootropics", and I honestly didn't know the risks involved with Adderall, and will look into switching

L-theanine is best used as a chaser for caffeine.

I capped myself some theanine + noopept.
I take one with a large strong coffee when I start working in the morning and after lunch.
Makes me feel good.

Effective:
NSI-189 (also anti-depressant)
Modafinil (and analogues)
Caffeine
Theanine (especially in combination with caffeine)

Marginal:
Noopept
DLPA (effective for opioid withdrawal)

Didn't work:
Everything else, though tianeptine and phenibut were good anti-anxiety drugs.

>caffeine
>effective
I must make shit coffee then

No nootropic is going to be incredibly powerful. If you take caffeine every day you will become dependant on it and will need higher and higher doses to achieve the same effects.

>No nootropic is going to be incredibly powerful.

>No nootropic is going to be incredibly powerful.

Try taking 2g of Phenibut HCL and telling me that again.

bump

where did you get NSI-189? Sounds really sketchy, like research chemicals manufactured in unsupervised Chink factory sketchy

bump

None of them work, it's a scam akin to the vitamin industry except even more snake oil.

>incredibly powerful
>Indefinitely
Like most drugs, nootropics seem extraordinary upon the first few doses, however tolerance and even dependency can be developed from any of them

You sound embarrassingly unfamiliar with pharmacology

I highly doubt user is getting it from anywhere reputable