Science of being tired

Is there any even vaguely scientific aproach as to what causes the feeling of tirednes?

I mean like, mental tirednes, i've been working all day and i feel tired to shit but still keep on working. And it makes me really curious as to what is it that im really doing when im fighting tirednes

this really presents some interesting questions about determinism and free will, because i know people who say "i CANT im too tired" yet im tired but i go on anyway, am i superior or something?

you feel tired because you're lazy, you're just a bad person

It's literally just cost benefit analysis

what's the science behind those titties

so you dont feel tired after working on a project from 5 am to 5 pm? interesting, you must be the only one superior to me

everyone else wouldnt even try

i feel tired but keep going

anyway, is there any scientific research about this?

what is the cost? what are you expending when you keep working even tough youre tired?

>yet im tired but i go on anyway

then you aren't that tired.

You're considering spending more time and energy and going deeper into the hole for the benefit of completing your work.

but what is the science of it? am i expending something?

i see some people who are lazy and like, compared to hard working people its not like theres something they have that hard working people dont. im talking about intelectual work

like, with muscular work, what youre expending when you do it is clearly scientifical objective measurable in numbers. x amount of atp energy, x amount of muscle and bone tear, etc...

but with brain energy? what gets lost?, its just deciding to do one thing instead of another. so basically all you have to do is overcome the sensation of being tired, and voila presto magico , instant mind work

i seriously dont understand why brainlets choose to not work, its just overcoming a feeling it affects literally 100% nothing in the real life world

Its psychology which is basically driven by the various chemical and physical states of your brain and body.

If you work a lot you can burn out as they say which is just your hormones fluctuating to the point where your mind is set to give to up for awhile.

but muscle is something that is physically expended and is known and studied

what do you expend to work mentally? is it known? is it studied?

but" burning out" is just a feelign, a feeling which you can choose to obey or ignore like all feelings.
we live in a hypersensitivitized media ruled by lazy milenials who look for an excuse to not do shit

i have literally objectively confirmed it

a guy got dump by his gf and says he "CANT" do anyhting, i got dumped by mine, felt sad but kept going anyway. theres no physical barriers, feelings are just information which you can choose to ignore or not

on the other side, muscles are objective machines, when youre too tired is because the muscle "fuel tank" is empty

Your brain consumes glucose.

so is that what being tired is?, does it consume more glucose when you think hard? is this tested?

You seem to be missing one key thing; the state of your brain is dependent on hormone balance. Yes you can overcome things that others can't, but what ultimately allows you to do that is the physical structure and chemical state in your brain.

i dunno, i talked to people who describe what they feel when theyre tired and it seems its the same as me
its not that i dont feel tiredness, is that im superior enough to keep working

No the state of "being tired" is hormonal balance, just like being horny or being euphoric. Whatever state you're in depends on your hormonal balance which depends on many many factors other than having been awake and working away for a long time. It's a cyclical thing.

You can classify your state as superior to others but it's doesn't have any scientific meaning by itself.

adenosine is hugely important in the circadian rhythm.
As ATP goes to ADP then cAMP, it triggers more melatonin to be released.

is it studied? is there any guide on how to be more active less tired, etc?

i get exhausted from light exercise, even a small walk wears me out. whats wrong with me sci?

Vitamin B6 aids in phosphorylation, so take a good quality multivitamin and you should see a difference

you're fat

- insufficient fuel
- inefficient use of fuel
- buildup of waste products from use of fuel

At a cellular level, some people convert fuel to energy more efficiently than others.

Also, if you spend a lot of time horizontal, your heart will atrophy, more or less permanently.

what is the fuel? specifically what is the concrete scientifically literally real objecitvely true, no metaphor no guessing, what is the substance that gets depleted?

Feeling tired is normally a daily feeling and is based partially on your circadian rhythm. People tend to feel tired at night. Nobody really knows what sleep does, but it's believed that it's necessary to clean out waste materials created from your brain cells doing what they do all the time. Your brain has to kind of turn off for certain cellular processes to sort out the muck I suppose.

If you're feeling excessively tired and sleeping for long hours, like most of the day and feeling tired constantly (moreso than most healthy people), that can be a symptom of irregular heart beating, and often that symptom leads to some kind of cardiac event. Often it can be treated with modern medicine, like a pacemaker or drugs. If you're sleeping more than normal you need to see a medical professional and get an EKG done.

By your own reasoning its subjective therefore you saying "it seems the same to me" is moot.