youtube.com/watch?v=00M54YtMT1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> 9-years-old
> Aleppo, Syria
> the little prince, it's ok

>22
>DC
>The Encantadas and Other Stories by Herman Melville

It's brilliant, absolutely brilliant. He just might be my favorite writer.

>Aleppo

Oh

How's life for you

>20
>UK
>The Recognitions

Closing in on the final part. What a ride. Probably the most consistently enjoyable book I've read yet.

The meme was worth it.

Oh wait, I get it now

brazil
the poetry anthology of manuel bandeira
i'm not liking it, 95% of these poems are garbage in my opinion

God got lazy on this one. Or maybe G just knew you only need so much.

It's actually paradise NOT like the fake news says...SAD.

>40s
>Northern hemisphere
>Several at the moment, and I like them all

A devastated war zone. (Thanks Obama) Last I heard it was recaptured by Syrians though.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9F-cHc5Qog

I didn't think you were that old, butters.

NL
Halfway, it reads pretty easy and it's quite nice. I really like the verbosity.

>24
>Brazil
>Atlas Shrugged

It's bad but not offensively bad.

>21
>Estonia
>This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession

Pretty boring so far. It's been 200 pages of musical and neurological theory that I already knew. Dumb pop-sci.

MI
Invention of Morel
I'm enjoying it so far

>25
>SoCal
>Don Quixote, Moby Dick, Gargantua

What page you on? Most people tend to think the last 150-or-so pages drag on. Personally, I love it.

We all gotta go sometime.

Veeky Forums gave me grey hairs though.

>19
>Bavaria
>Island in the Stream

half way through and the good parts are only somewhat making up for the bad ones.

>20
>Argentina
>Just finished The Trial by Kafka

It was a good read all in all, but I'm not that much into that genre so I didn't really enjoyed it.

Going to start off with >Dostoevsky, some easy one so I can understand his utter difficult later books.

Around 670, reading the chapter on the party at Brown's right now. Still got a bit to go before part 3, but not one page has been a drag so far.

>27
>italy
>snob by jasper griffin

hilarious, worth reading for the great span of historical periods and intellectual figures displayed, well put together and very complete

>>Several at the moment, and I like them all
TELL US THEIR NAMES, BITCH. We already believe you're a grill, butters, you don't need to do this shit. Name 'em.

>25
>Munich
>Le Rouge et le Noir

>19
>New Jersey
>Dance Dance Dance

Any time I see these threads, I see little to zero interest in the titles (Why I rarely answer in them) but now that you asked, and so rudely, I can let the other shoe drop.

I am reading an anthology of anarchism by Guérin, The King Must Die by Renault, Ghosts of Freedom by Charles King. And a couple others I last read from back in December, so skipping.
Last finished books include a Moomin book, a collection of short stories from Jansson, collected essays of Emma Goldman, and The Ego and Its Own from you know who.
Life, grinding nonsense and other interests, keep me from polishing them off easily.

Hubba hubba, btw.

:3 you always read the best girl books. you finished the comfy ones, except ego which is dry as shit. better off reading the goethe bits he quotes.

>20
>London
>The Vivisector by Patrick White

I don't know why people don't know more about White, he's the only Australian to win the Nobel and he's a very unique writer. I loved Voss so I thought I'd try this.

Fuck off back to plebbit with this behavior.

>25
>Boston
>In Search of Lost Time: Sodom and Gomorrah
It's good. Surprised at the consistence of the quality. If anything it increases. The discussion of "inverts" in the first chapter of this volume was very strange.

What are inverts?

Stirner's shorter bits (chapters in EaiO included) are best. The False Principal of Our Education and answering his critics, are both pretty sweet.

Still really interested in getting Goethe's Italian Journey. I similarly want to get up and go to Greece to help fuck shit up

Homosexuals

>feeding trips attention
shan't be posting in this thread, lads

Brazil
Palomar by Italo Calvino

Shit is crazy, Calvino is fucking brilliant and this book is absolutely great. It's fun as fuck and deep as fuck, I can't believe how light and humorous it is while at the same it kicks back to real life as something really meaningful. It's about vision, sense of reality, sense of self.

Tô ligado mano, não curto mto também não. Já leu Manoel de Barros?

É uma merda esse daí brother, se liga. Fica um tempo sem ler e volta pra ver se consegue visualizar a bosta que é.

quiet, i'm talking to our gf impersonator.
have you read sterne's sentimental journey through france and italy? you might like it, he was with a diplomatic mission at the time.

>19
>Toronto
>Bible - book of Matthew
Gives me some hope in this dark city.

New England
Ulysses
What do you guys think are the hardest chapters, I'm having real trouble with a few of them

Never heard of it. Have a link or name?

Here's your (You) attentionlad

How about just call out male lust instead of complaining
Fucking women

laurence sterne, the guy who wrote tristram shandy. it's a bit of a misnomer, because he doesn't get to italy because it's probably incomplete. it's very funny.

Men and women should be allowed to lust after one another more freely, user.
I dislike the power games and morality trips immensely

Get off your high horse. No one is free.

> 24
> Paris
> "First as tragedy, then as farce" S. Zizek

Hates this fakery of a guy. However, I stand by "read what you hate to better understand what you fight against".

Why do you think I'm an anarchist?

youtube.com/watch?v=00M54YtMT1U

>19
>New York
>Physics by Aristotle

Closing in on the end and I've reached his final discussion on the possibility of an uncaused cause. His repudiation of Zeno and diatribe on the traversibility of the infinite was dense but upon further reflection I believe I was supposed to use concepts expounded on earlier in the book and apply them to his arguments, which make begin to make more sense when seen in that light. Good thing I'm taking notes.

>25
>BC interior
>against nature, by huysmans

better than wilde

the ideas expressed in that caption suck

Brazil
Some Hegel's lectures

It's alright as an introduction to his thought and to Plato but he repeats himself a little too much and he doesn't delve too deep on the details of the dialogues, just a general summary of their ideas.

It doesn't negate or excuse the vain, but it does call out the overly judgmental and hypocritical male who prefers the comforts of the misogynistic world. I think the ideas described suck.

Eat shit before you talk of John Berger's words.

Oh, damn.
How's middle life?

>18 year old young shithead
>Pacific Northwest
>Deuteronomy, good recap of Numbers

Glad to be back, fellas.

>22
>Dallas
>Thus Spake Zarathustra

>tripfagging this hard

Just started, so can't comment on whether I like it or not. First time I'm reading Nietzche, his writings are very different from what right-wing frogposters on Twitter claim it to be

John Berger is a hack why are you defending him

Contradictably ataraxiaratic and agitated/excited at the impeding societal changes, which will either kill us or give us a Star Trekian eutopia.
Hating the health issues, but I'm doing better than most in my class/age.
I know a woman in her 30s, no kids, with an as yet diagnosed must less treated problem with her leg. The US is literally sickening.

Chicago
death with interruptions Jose Saramago, great story so far

No one cares at this point.

>21
>Baltimore
>The Strangled Queen, its slow as hell but enjoyable so far

>it's a "fbi is datamining and matches age and actual locations to IPs" thread
Nice pic you will catch all the underage virgins

Why Aristotle, and why physics? Just curious. How much of his other stuff have you read?

Well, I hope your kids get to enjoy a Star Trekian Utopia. I didn't know there was much social change in the Northern Hemisphere (I'm assuming Canada) at this point. I'm optimistic about my country (US) with the new plans to work with Russia to destroy the evil that is ISIS.

I'm going through [western] philosophy chronologically so naturally after finishing up with Plato Aristotle was next on the list. I'm reading Physics because it seemed like the most obvious work to proceed to after the Organon, which I spent the past year pouring over. Physics in particular is very enjoyable.

see picture, this is you and your kind

so eat john berger's words then

Wow no joke I'm doing exactly the same thing, but am one step behind. Spent a long time with Plato + secondary work on him, peeked into Xenophon's Socratic works, and have been working on the organon for about a month so far. Have read through posterior analytics so far, but am probably going to spend the next 2 weeks reading some commentaries on prior/posterior to get a better grasp before finishing the organon and moving on to physics.

Have you been reading commentaries? Which edition are you using? How much time did you spend devoted to the organon over the past year? That seems like way more time than I want to spend on it, although it's looking like I'll spend 2-2.5 months on it anyway.

No, attentionlad. I already told you it didn't excuse vanity, it merely points out your severe insecurity.
The lower half of your pic seems a bit like liberal pap

i know that feel bro... God is my only light in this forsaken city..

I've been reading the standard two volume Barnes collection of his Complete Works without commentary/secondary sources. I interspersed my readings of the Organon with unrelated books so I'd typically spend a few days on the shorter works like Categories and De Interpetatione and up to a month on the lengthier works like the Analytics and Topics while reading other things in-between them. Started it in May so if you keep at it without breaks or unrelated readings you can probably finish up in about a third of that time frame

>tripfag calls others attention seeking
wew
just finished W&P, thinking about Martin Chuzzlewit next. Had a friend recommend it to me. Thoughts?

>22
>México
>pic related

Very informative book, brief but to the point. It also includes tons of pictures of the evolution of the symbols that constitute the national flag.

I think the FBI has better things to do than spy on a couple of high functioning autists sharing cookie recipes on a Taiwanese sewing board

>23
>Bosnia
>Flannery O'Connor - It's Hard To Find A Good Man

It's good.

Brazil
Musashi

Amazing. Getting to the latter parts now and Musashi's development as a samurai is so well written. The way the author writes it so that Musashi "conceives" basic eastern philosophy concepts out of his life makes the book a whole another level of interesting. Not only does it have good plot and good characters, it's also a good way of making a first approach to Japanese culture and history. I feel like high fantasy should be more like this and less like asoiaf, but I guess lord of the rings had too big an impact for books like these to be read as an "epic" anymore.

>The FBI doesn't already have your name, location, age, emails, texts and bank account(s)
how can anyone be this delusional

>20
>England
>Lolita, probably one of the best books I've read in the past 3 years

>high functioning
don't be so quick

>23
>Canada
>Justine, Or The Misfortunes of Virtue
Enjoyable although repetitive. Not super keen on finishing since it is just putting the character in different scenarios in order for it to argue the same point subsequently. I look forward to reading some of Sade's later stuff, assuming it reads as something more experienced.

>this dark city
omg
you need to travel so you can appreciate how great you've got it. Toronto is literally on of the top 10-15 cities in the world, ffs.
you'd absolutely die if you lived in an average city, leet alone an actual hellhole like Monrovia or Aleppo or Detroit or Cleveland.

read her sister's book

>25
>Murifat
>Naomi by Tanizaki Junichiro

I'm sensing a curious camaraderie with Joji though I'm only 50 pages in. Am I fucked?

He's essentially the anti-nationalist and a huge chunk of his polemics were anti-German. Right wing tards jizz at the word 'übermenschen' without actually reading his work.

>24
>Iowa
>One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch
It's pretty good.

samsara sucks user

any place in the world can and will turn into hell

were getting old bfly

>26
>Florida, USofA
>Forbidden Colors, Mishima

It's been a challenging read thus far, not that it's hard to read, but it challenges certain notions of love, sexuality, beauty, art, etc. I think I might be gay.

Moby Dick - 40 pages left
I don't want it to end.

>LII
>France
>books by and on Julien Gracq, both greatly enjoyable.

he's a far right-wing nut

what do you expect, he has zero perspective on life

Nigga

as a non-white man i can tell you that the far left are far more illogical and lacking in perspective these days. it's honestly pathetic the way they're so led around by their emotions: appeals to emotion, emotional reasoning, fuckin "microaggressions" whatever the fuck they are. the far left is demoralizing people and sapping their respective nations of vitality and strength.

the far left have turned into bitches. they are a joke.

>21
>Sweden
>Bible, Exodus
It's pretty good. Why did God harden Pharaoh's heart?

twenny denver path to the nest of spiders
it's good but not at all what he meant to create
upset that you already posted the titles and i don't get to be the one to pester you about it
>committing to 200 pages of something you already know
i see a lot of myself in you
whatcha think of gargantua, user-chan
curious, what genre would you classify it as which you dislike?
why are there so many brasilians is it a joke, also, great description of palomar and calvino in general
please leave
PLEASE LEAVE

>21
>USA
>Recently finished The Tempest. It was really good. I think I cried at the end. Now I'm reading the first Lemony Snicket prequel book.

england
lincoln in the bardo

i really love it. it's very original, deeply funny and deeply heartfelt

The sky in Toronto is always grey, all the buildings are high rises and they are all made of concrete so they are grey as well. There is mentally ill ppl literally everywhere i go. Loads of crime that i even personally got yo experience being a hero in, i stopped a bike thief from cutting a bike lock on a main street at 12pm NOON and held my ground despite him kicking and shouting at me, i was lucky to didn't get stab by a needle. My roommate steals from me. Past dark the streets are scary af full of scary ppl.

>top city in the world
Tbh i just wanna live a simple life on the countryside and write my music and songs and poems to my wife and children one day. Toronto is literally a slightly better version of New York but that doesn't make it any less shit.

But id like to be open monded see from ur perspective, where should i travel in Toronto that you think makes it so great?

singapore
tuesdays with morrie

feels interesting but i'm only at the start and have yet to delved more into the book. i just got into reading it after having received the book as a gift

I'm the guy who was about to read The Anome in the last incarnation of this thread. I finished the Durdane trilogy. It was alright, but I'm going to take an indefinite break from Vance now. Thinking about reading some Jo Walton.

London
Just started Crime & Punishment coming off a reading of Notes from the Underground, which I loved. I can very much see myself enjoying this.

Canadian cities can be very nice but they have isolated pockets of pure hell where all the homeless crazy people cluster in droves.

20 years of permissive drug policies+no mental hospitals= The Downtown Eastside

>23
>Slavlands
>Neuromancer

It's pretty comfy desu. And I am not even a fan of sci-fi.