What's the most entertaining (fun) book you have ever read?

What's the most entertaining (fun) book you have ever read?

Renault's The King Must Die is pretty good sword and sandal schlock

V.

Book 1 of this

a confederacy of dunces
three men in a boat

Honestly? Gravity's Rainbow. Those fucking chase scenes.

In all truth and honesty I've always gotten a kick out of those old detective paperbacks that are really poorly written and fairly gimmicky

this

Fun? Probably this, or Sabbath's Theatre

books from the discworld series

when you want something to just laugh a bit with, but still have a nice story

Macbeth. Or Don Quixote.

They're my favourite (that I've finished). Why would they be my favourite if I didn't find them the most fun?

Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle was so much fun to read. The guy is a master of fiction.

Unironically either Ulysses or Gravity's Rainbow. Leaning towards Ulysses, it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

Years ago, I found this one so much fun, I read it twice, in nonconsecutive years.

Because fun does not constitute the whole of enjoyment or quality.

Master and Margarita is one of my favorites

>a confederacy of dunces
I have to agree with this

Honestly the meme trilogy books are very entertaining, fun, not too dark. Also Kafka's short stories while minding what DFW said, how Kafka's stories have a lot of dark humor to them, and his neighbors could hear him laugh while he was writing.

the dragon never sleeps by glen cook. i read it all in one go and felt like i was on the edge of my seat the entire time. exciting ass book

Dead Souls. I was not expecting it to be so fun to read.

I just began and find it fairly boring, I don't care about these characters or their tepid lives

My most favorite book ever.

Being the retard I am I forgot to post picture

Three Men On a Boat is pretty comfy

Count of Monte Cristo

moon is a harsh mistress
assassins apprentice
this

Yes it does you stupid faggot.

They literally mean the same thing.
>fun (noun)
>1.
>enjoyment

Yep, this.

Kafka's Metamorphosis, Country Doctor, Description of a Struggle, Trial, Borges' Fictions, Carrington's Hearing Trumpet, Johnson's Jesus' Son, Carson's Autobiography of Red, Woolf's To the Lighthouse, Shakespeare's Macbeth, Anderson's Winesburg, Ohio, Hrabal's Too Loud a Solitude, Selby's Last Exit, Maupassant's Boule de Suif, Casares' Invention of Morel, Pynchon's Crying of Lot 49, Milton's Paradise Lost, Bely's Petersburg, etc.

They're not that tepid. It's entertaining.

what translation of monte cristo did you all read?

yeah i know, >translations

I just read the first Hunger Games book recently without seeing the movie and it was a lot of fun. Constantly had me turning pages and a lot of memorable action scenes.

However, I wouldn't put it anywhere close to even my top 50 of all time. other books like East of Eden and Sound & Fury had a huge impact on my life and how I see the world, even if I wasn't anxiously flipping pages to find out what happened next. I think there's a time and place for both types of books.

I read and enjoyed all 3. They're good for what they are: mindless entertainment. But like you said, I prefer to read meaningful books that make me think and actually have an impact on my life.

Many questions are simply unanswerable, and I believe this to be one of them. But I believe few books mix it up with such inventiveness and energy as this one here.

JR.

You want the Robin Buss version.

I, Claudius
The second book was even better IMO. That shit about his wife getting railed and the blood that ensued topped it off.

Inside the Room (about Tommy WIseau).

Notes from the underground was a fucking trip. Literally Veeky Forums:the book

Dick Juice & Da Kidz

i read this book a while ago but i'm always talking about it with friends

Bitch killer by Garth Marenghi

this. IJ is a masterpiece of comedy, honestly.

Michael Crichton-- Next, Sphere
Storm of Steel
To Hell and Back
Mote in God's Eye