Is this true?

Is this true?
.. can I inhale all the co2 on the planet and still fall short in quantity in respect to the amt of air molecules in one inhalation?

Go calculate that yourself.
But it's true that when you pick a person who lived a couple of years it is very likely that you have been breathing the same molecules at some point.
Hitler would be more demonstrative than Cleopatra.

He would not, the fact she lives much longer ago is more impressive. If you consider the 1st law, then It's not about velocity when it comes to being impressed here.

We all have a bit of Caesar in us.

this can't be real...

Isaac Arthur is a better successor to Carl Sagen than this guy.

Wouldn't the constant somewhat circular movement of local environments make this implausible over large distances? If you live close to Europe or the Middle East this would probably be true, but someone who lives in South America wouldn't breathe the same air right

I'm sure on a scale of hundreds of years the atmosphere is extremely well mixed

That's not how it works, buffoon science monkey. Air molecules get involved in chemical reactions and thus leave the air.

>Air molecules

what the hell is this guy smoking

it's not like air is inhaled and then comes out exactly the same, ready to be inhaled again. it goes through a bunch of different processes that change molecular structure and break/create new chemical bonds and compounds.

those oxygen, nitrogen etc atoms all disappear from the air and become part of different things in the body or outside of it.

Molecules that comprise the gases the air is made of. What's your point, bigboi?

I thought it only had a shelf life or 20-100 years

According to the numbers I could find for nitrogen fixation, approximately 99.98% of the nitrogen molecules in the atmosphere 2000 years ago are still there.

>can I inhale all the co2 on the planet
No.
>and still fall short
Yes.

>those oxygen, nitrogen etc atoms
Right,
So are there more oxygen, nitrogen etc atoms in one breath of air than there is air (as defined by the culmination of these atoms) in the whole world/?

who tf keeps air on a shelf

uh, technically everyone who has a shelf.

>these are our philosophers
Atheism was a mistake

If I remember correctly it takes about 1 year for the air in the troposphere in one hemisphere to mix with the air on another hemispere.

Rough estimate puts the entire atmosphere of earth at 2 trillion breaths.

Thats a hell of a lot less breaths that molecules in 1 breath. I think theres 1.35x10^22 molecules in a breath, thats probably wrong but its a good ballpark guess.

Black science man doesn't always think things through, nor is is he as knowledgeable about some subjects as he would like to put off.
For instance, he likely has never read about the reproductive strategies of bed bugs.

> 2 trillion
Yeah ok,
Can't do that w/o giving a source

no u

Bruh we'd run out in 2 hrs (not including animals)

Or cats.

>Some air you inhale was exhaled by Cleopatra
WE

More black science man wisdom anyone?

/tv/ visiting here.
Honestly, who the fuck is this college freshman? Is he some new meme?

Just write a language that produces formally verified assembly, write a formally verified theorem prover in it, and then use the theorem prover to write the kernel, drivers, other parts of the operating system and the rest of the application.

Also win a few Millennium Prizes, Fields Medals and Turing Awards on the way.

NDT is a hundred times more of a /tv/ celebrity than he is a Veeky Forums one. What are you trying to achieve by pretending you don't know who he is?

when it gets inhaled, it's not air anymore

faggot