Professor uses Powerpoint

>professor uses Powerpoint

yea you're definitely high up enough in the field to make a call that using a certain software is really going to impact your learning of a subject.

fucking brainlet

Fuck that, powerpoints are the worst way of giving a lecture.

>Powerpoint is awful

Literally used universally in academics and within industry.

Analogous to refusing any Microsoft/Mac OS because "muh linux"

If someone is too stupid to use Beamer, they are too stupid to teach.

that's my point. OP immediately dismisses his teacher because of some arbitrary software, when the teacher probably doesnt need anything powerpoint doesnt provide. Just an arbitrary excuse for when he does poorly in class.
maybe you're just an autist who should focus more on the content of the course and not how it's presented?

Do you also refuse to be taught by people who don't walk backwards all the time?

No, I'm not. In my engineering school, virtually all teachers agree that it's [math]\rm\LaTeX[/math] or bust, even the half-retarded information theory teacher. The language teachers, who use Google Presentation, use it as an excuse not to use PowerPoint.

Walking backwards doesn't make you smart; it makes you cringey.

>in engineering school
dropped

t. starving to death

not just using the blackboard.

>In my engineering school
LMAO HOLY SHIT

>not making it a PDF so it works easily in anything

Only those profs deserve to die

>shadman

I gave a presentation using a PDF file in highschool once and the teacher looked at me like I was a wizard

It's always the engineers who they're smart.

>lol dude calc2 is so fucking hard lol

When even Biologists did the level of Calc the Engineers do in 3rd year in 1st year

>the professor isn't a white male

t. McDonald's chefs regretting major choice

>OP is gay and autistic

>professor uses Powerpoint displaying a PDF made with LaTeX using a Windows virtual machine running under a Linux host
??????
It is a meme CS class so using a Presentation is fine.

If you do math you use the black board, else you shouldn't teach.
Linux and LaTeX is used nearly universally in my University.

Also THIS.

>In my engineering school

>Professor uses a bootleg scanned copy of the textbook during class and no notes
>Professor downloads notes from slideshare made by poo-in-loo students from poo land
>Professor reads his notes out loud and tells us to copy it during class

>Class is not a history or political science class
>Professor brings up several slides about Nazi Germany and the hall of cost out of nowhere

>professor uses the default beamer template with like 20 sidebars

>Professor publicly insults people who failed the last exam
I didn't think they were allowed to do this lol. Was pleasantly surprised

I'm not that picky. I'll take a course with anybody except Africans.
African professors are universally completely fucking incompetent douchebags.

>Professor refers to z' as "the evil guys"
sensiblechuckle.gif

>hastily throw togethere some garbage in google slides an hour before I have to lecture
>do a shitty unenthusiastic lecture
>retarded students still show up
Can you not take a hint?
Do you think I enjoy lecturing shit you can just read up on the fucking internet?

>Lecture slides are literally passages from the book
>Professor gives pop quizzes to get people to show up anyway
This drove me bonkers

I do whatever I can to make people not show up because I think lecturing is a gigantic waste of time. It's not even the fact that I hate the students, it's just that it's a waste of both their time and mine. Why not just get someone who's actually good at lecturing, who enjoys it, and have him do the lecture, and I can focus on helping the students solve problems and have an actual discussion.

I'd ask why you'd hate the students but desu I probably would to
I was always appaled by the culture of students emailing professors for stupid shit and just the level of entitlement students feel they have to be given extended deadlines, etc

I don't hate them I just hate that they show up to lectures when it's an obvious waste of time. Obviously these lectures aren't mandatory...

Yeah I do that sorry
I have catholic level guilt, If I don't go to every class and do all my homework I'll feel grandma's ghost shake her head beyond the grave

Just spend your time @ campus reading, doing problem sets and have actual discussions with real people instead of sleeping through a monologue. Think for yourself!

What the fuck were professors doing before this powerpoint shit existed?

>doesn't make the PowerPoints into PDFs for viewing at home