What is the point of literature?

What is the point of literature?

There is none.

Don't make me start being an edgy faggot.

Art

forst you write de novel
den you gets de kudos
den you gets de wommens

i've done step 1 so far.

It makes you taller.

stop making these threads

is art

then answer the question bitch

lol u cant answer

literally to get audience pussy. that's it. that is the entire motivation behind every writer, deep down. if they are a woman, then they just want chad dick

Where did u get ur psychology degree from

Distinguishes you from the common prole

social stats

I will give someone $5 if they can write about what literature means to them sincerely, with all the sentiment I know you people have.

Reading and writing is better than just waiting around to die

We have fictional literature because humans are naturally inclined to enjoy telling and listening to/reading stories.

We have nonfictional literature because humans are naturally inclined to want to learn and know as much as possible.

This is all really simple and obvious.

to make shut-ins comfy

Literature basically just keeps my brain still. I like having the thoughts of another person run through my head from time to time. As an anxious person it's hard to keep thoughts in place, but a book can act as a kind of treadmill for my brain. Straight and ahead. That's what I like about it on a kind of elemental level. It's also kind of a cure for loneliness.

Besides that, culture, progress etc. etc.

Can I have my 5 dollars?

i thought i was out, then they pull me back in

Best answer itt

These two, especially the latter, are probably the best answers you can give. Go forth and be intrinsically motivated.

To teach empathy.

Literature is one of the best vessels to impact an individual in a very intimate manner. The reader bonds with the text, and they truly understand the writer. Literature is how we humans understand each other, and we love it so much because that is one of our most fundamental drives.

To feel the eternal

To overload on swag

read this