Guide to score perfect 800 in SAT Math section

To those people who scored 800 or even 750+ in their Math section of SAT. Can you please tell how did you prepared? What topics in general does the section contain and which books would you prefer one should prepare from?

got an 800 when I took it my freshmna year (my parents made me take it early, I didnt really study but I've always liked and been good at math) was super depressed throughout highschool and dropped out after junior year. am 22 now unemployed not in school god my life is depressing. fuck me this has nothing to do with your quesiton

You should probably talk to a therapist about that buddy. You can’t live your whole life depressed like this

Yea man. I used to go to therapy and then about six months back I was admitted to an in-patient thing for a week because I almost committed suicide. Im trying to get better but lots of nights I just end up drinking until morning like tonight lol

OP unless its changed alto since I took it the math isnt actually hard just algebra n shit but theres a word problem type problems or just problems which are unusually worded where the hardest part is you have to figure out the equatiuon or whatever you have to use

I hope you are going to make it, if that means something.

lol thanks man

>SAT
You have to be 18 to post on Veeky Forums, kouhai-chan.

Fuck off
Do you seriously think I'm fucking raging you piece of shit? I'm calm. You just like to think other people get upset about your actions, you stupid drama queen. Grow up, you stupid child. Maybe you can start using the internet again when you finally learn how to think, and quite possibly create an intelligent thought for once. I really wish your parents had raised you right, and then maybe you wouldn't be so fucking stupid. No. No one gets upset about your comments, you just strut around like they do, and you get off on it and it makes yourself feel better. So no, I don't get upset over you, jackass. Screw off and don't post again.

I got a 760 back when I took it, but my mate got a 770 and I know I'm as good as he in math so I wonder if I coulda nabbed a straight 8 if I spent more time on the math than studying for writing.
Just study for half an hour a day, that's what I did. I only started a month our but I'm sure if you started earlier you're more likely to get a perfect score. The math is all remedial so all you're doing is reminding yourself. If you don't understand any topic from Algebra I to Pre-Calc then yeah study it more, but you should definitely be going into the studying with all the prerequisite knowledge and you just need a little time to remind yourself what you do when. In all honesty I'd study the easy but weird things you'd probably have learned in an early Algebra class, because all the more rigorous math you're more likely to have taken only a year or two ago. Also all the geometry formulas should be on the back cover, fucking basic and made the test easy as fuck

If you know algebra and a little bit of geometry you should have absolutely no reason to score less than 700.

basically same but I'm 24
want to go back to school but fucking hell most schools still want recommendation letters ???

By doing every past paper you can find.

You're 22. There is still a lot of time, user. Finish up your high school diploma and get yourself into college. You'll be happier.

Is it just me or is the sat really easy?

Get an 800 in math on sat and sat II. I remember it being alot of algebra. The answers were all variations to see if you tripped up a step. Sometimes, i found it easier to work from an answer and see if it matched up.

But you should also be pretty smart and calm. Neverous breakdowns won't help you focus on the test.

Got an 800 five years ago. Go through the book, make sure it seems simple to you. That's literally all I did.

Grosses me out that there's people who couldn't even get a 650 on it

it is, if you're not retarded

math was easy as fuck, got 780
the real question is how to do well in english? i cant get into the seven hundredths, i always get like 660

Read some books, mate.

The funny thing is, you don't even have to know math to pass the math section

Do a lot of practice problems... the difference between a 600 and 800 is zero actual math knowledge, it's just being fast and accurate doing SAT type questions

t. 2380, 800 on math, did the entire princeton review book although it was such a waste of time, back then I felt that every ten points was very very important

OP, I would recommend getting the book over the SAT by Mike Barrett, super helpful. Also, use cracksat to do practice tests. Try to do a section every night or 2 tests a week. It's definitely important to sit down and do entire practice tests timed and in one sitting. This will tell you how well you will perform on test day. If you're a really quick and finishing way before time, you might look into ACT. It's easier but you have less time.
>t.Harvard undergrad

It's cracksat.net btw

This is an average question from my cunts equivalent to SAT's. How does it compare? I hope I translated it well enough

homo autisti :-DD

vittu :D

take a bunch of timed practice test sections, read and understand why you missed what you missed

I got a perfect overall SAT score when it was out of 2400 (so 800 on math) and you can approach the test in one of two ways: be genuinely good at critical thinking and problem solving, or study all of the questions until you know the basic forms the questions take and can then dissect them into the parts that you know how to solve. Whichever sounds easier to you is that right path to choose. If you're good at thinking on the fly and are genuinely bright, I'd recommend the former, but if you're more of a high-achiever then I'd recommend the latter.

Know geometry and algebra. If you're good at doing basic math quickly, it's very easy.

Take a few practice tests if you feel like you need too.

Score; 800 Math, 780 Reading, 580 Writing

user I liked the ACT math better. In my experience the SAT was all about tripping you up in the wording with more time per question, whereas the ACT was a lot of easy questions in very little time. I did well on both but better on the ACT (35 vs 760). I was in Calc I and Calc II for these tests, respectively, and put very little effort into studying.

take the fucking ACT. it's objectively easier

took sat/act each one time. got a 2100 on sat and 35 on act. don't know why more people don't take ACTs.

>take practice SAT freshman year
>1920
>"well when i am smarter and take the real one, it'll be a piece of cake!!"
>never study again
>1680
>rope, neck, closet
To be fair I smoked a lot of weed in between

[math]a_n = 1/(2\pi n + t)[/math]

Easy peasy. No calculus on the SAT though.

Go to some chinese or korean cram school and get their real leaked tests abd memorize the questions desu
All my asian exchange students friends did that

I got a 770.

If you already understand the material getting in that range isn't too difficult. What you really have to study for is speed and consistency at that point. Practice tests on Khan are a good place to start.

The only thing you need to score high