Why haven't they contributed a single work of literature to the literary canon of the world?

Why haven't they contributed a single work of literature to the literary canon of the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Med2XipHJJM
youtube.com/watch?v=8o4Zj98FeX4
youtube.com/watch?v=1nCLBTmjJBY
lmgtfy.com/?q=korean literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjung_Ilgi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No one cared about South Korea until five years ago.

Theyve been africa tier barbarians until the early 20th century and from then on theyve tried their hardest to be as retarded as possible. Books dont fit with them lot.

U U
U
U

this. Imagine if Cameroon or Poland suddenly became very wealthy and successful. It's not much surprise they can't write for shit.

But Poland has literature you dumb twat.
Reymont's "The peasants" won a fucking noble prize.

found the polack, please do not believe we are equals.

I am not polish.
t.Hungarian

ITT: people who don't know a single thing about korean history making shit up.

Poland has a superb literary and artistic tradition though.

Korea was the bitch of the Far East
2/3 of their history is chinese,1/4 is Japanese and the rest is their current,pitiful existence as a rump state

korea is just the worst of japan and burgerland together

Except for the 700 year Three Kingdoms period and the 500 year Joseon dynasty. But even if what you said was true, it is still the case that Korea has been a well-developed and literature-producing society for over 1000 years.

Brazil is more embarassing, to be honest. Unlike South Korea, it has been part of the Western sphere of influence since the XVIth century, and yet it doesn't have anything to offer. Argentina has Jorge Luis Borges, Chile has Pablo Neruda, Peru has Mario Vargas Llosa, Colombia has Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Mexico has Carlos Fuentes and Otávio Paz. Brazil has nothing. 200 million people and nothing worthy of being included in the canon.

Can you name specific works, please? Thank you.

yes and where is that litetature?
at least you have pessoa

kpop music is pretty dope though, their entertainers blow japan and burgerland out of the fucking water

youtube.com/watch?v=Med2XipHJJM

youtube.com/watch?v=8o4Zj98FeX4

youtube.com/watch?v=1nCLBTmjJBY

lmgtfy.com/?q=korean literature

You can't name specific works of literature? Okay. Your opinion is discarded.

Machado de Assis, Guimarães Rosa, Clarice Lispector, Carlos Drummond de Andrade, Cecilia Meirelles, Manoel de Barros, Paulo Leminksy, Osman Lins, Augusto dos Anjos, Graciliano Ramos, João Cabral...

You just think that because you don't know them. Perhaps you don't know them because they weren't translated properly, if they were at all (and if it is really possible in the case of poetry).

Pessoa is brilliant, but he is Portuguese, not Brazillian.

Asia is a land of autism, these subhumans are only good for being nuked, inventing cellphones, and anime

I could, and that would be useless as evidence since A. I could have just googled it like 90% of Veeky Forums and B. You clearly haven't read any and would be unable to even play at verifying that I had.

What opinion are you discarding though? That Korea has been an independent region for much of its history? That it has been producing literature for 1500 years? Friend, those are facts, not opinions.

The only relevant one there is Clarice Lispector, and she was Jewish, not Brazilian.

Machado de Assis is a meme author, people talk about him, but no one has actually read him.

t. gook
there has been nothing of value from that dog eating shithole

Because they're too busy making fantastic films.

>2184▶
>File: Brazil_topo.jpg (748 KB, 1400x1419)
i'd attribute that to a hard-to-translate literature (usually full of regionalisms)
i heard there are some good translations of Machado de Assis and Clarice Lispector available in English, try them out

race is a very tricky concept for brazilian ppl
she's Brazilian to us

Clarice was Ukranian born but naturalized Brazillian and talked of herself as Brazillian. Brazil has no race, it is made of Africans, Portuguese, Italians, Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Arabs and Jews (and others).

Machado de Assis is a fucking brilliant author, out of the panteon of brilliant authors that ever graced literature in every language. If people read them or not I don't care and you shouldn't too, because you should just read it.

All others are relevant, I'll just say it again that you simply don't know them.

>muh gritty violence

they have some great webtoons. books take too long to read

>Clarice more relevant and better than Machado and Guimaraes
WHY DO FOREIGNERS ALWAYS THINK THIS IS EVERYONE OUTSIDE BRAZIL RETARDED OR SOMETHIN?

> I could
> doesn't

wew

>Clarice
>better than Guimarães or even Lins do Rego

Jesus fucking Christ, do you even read?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjung_Ilgi

A literary classic

ITT: beta cucks who don't realize koreans can write and read in chinese

well there is Hwang Sok-yong and Han Kang

>webtoons
>good

that looks like absolute shit. i'm so glad i don't live in ko("diar")rea

>tfw to busy playing starcraft too write books

More like League, but you were accurate once upon a time. At least brood war is coming back

you are it

Brazil has Coelho :--D

>be a third world tier country
>recover your economy through manufacturing and push everyone into a STEM education
>literature and creativity aren't encouraged
>everyone too busy being addicted to the Internet and video games, or burning out their lives studying or working

There are a few talents who have emerged like Han Kang with The Vegetarian. Another problem might be a lack of translation. Give the country some time, Zizek said Koreans have a better understanding of his work compared to China or Japan, and J. M. G. Le Clézio likes the country enough on a literary level.

lol

pretty good kino though

I've read Kang's 'The Vegetarian' and 'Human Acts'; they are both very good.

There's one hell of a corpus on Tekken 5 and post-Tekken 5 strategic dialectic floating between the top players.

Not even memeing.

>recover your economy

this implies they had any sort of economy to speak of. they literally lived in huts before the japanese got there, and during nip occupation were used for natural resources

Koreans arent creative.
I would know, im half korean.

korean detected

get over your national inferiority complex and pathetic attempts at revisionary history

you guys were a colony for like 3000 years get over it, you're rich af now why do you have a huge chip on your shoulder

If I impeach your president will you die?

Better get your detector fixed, famerino. I'm American of Irish stock. Funny how Veeky Forums can't decide whether I'm a butthurt Korean crying into my keyboard or a white knight pseud who's never read a word of korean lit in his life. I guess you get pretty desperate for a story to tell yourself when you're wrong.