Since humans are the most advanced species in the history of Earth would we be justified in completely exterminating...

Since humans are the most advanced species in the history of Earth would we be justified in completely exterminating Mosquitos?

No. But we should do it anyway because mosquitoes kill the most humans out of all animals.

>Since humans are the most advanced species in the history of Earth

not true

>justified in completely exterminating Mosquitos

This has nothing to do with justification and everything to do with what the effects on the environment would be.

>not true
How?

>This has nothing to do with justification and everything to do with what the effects on the environment would be.
Mosquitoes don't have much of an effect on the environment except for killing humans.

No that's stupid, mosquitos could be really useful since they're able to spread things to large populations of people, we should figure out ways to use them like to distribute vaccines in epidemic regions, or sterilants in regions where overpopulation is a problem.

>since they're able to spread things to large populations of people
yeah, like deadly diseases

What makes us the most advanced species in the history of the Earth? We have only have one hole for both eating and breathing, which kills a lot of people. We can't fly.

>Mosquitoes don't have much of an effect on the environment except for killing humans.

Yeah but think about how big this impact is. They have a major effect on microbial communities in this way because of all the organisms and parasites they carry. They spread them through different vertebrates and some of them are parasites and those need a way of spreading. They're more of a generalist food item but are still a food item for many insect eating animals. They feed on nectar so they can be considered incidental pollinators (kind of a stretch desu). The aquatic larvae filter feed, having impacts on aquatic ecosystems.

Check out Utopia by Channel 4 UK. First episode of season 2 mentions this.

>Mosquitoes don't have much of an effect on the environment except for killing humans.
Uhh... pollination is huge (the males are vegetarian), forage food as but larvae and adults for other fauna (fish, birds, bats, other insects...)

>not true
speak for yourself ploob

No, they're responsible for keeping the niggers in check.

Yes and we should.

Whatever nth degree consequences arrive will either be worth it or worked around and solved.

The world biomass is suffering enough without eradicating a huge part of it's diet... Only an insane person would think of destroying the mosquito.

Clearly we have two holes just for breathing and one hole for eating that doubles as an auxiliary breathing hole in case someone pinches your nose in battle.

>Every species of life is so important to the ecosystem we can't kill any of them no matter how much of a nuisance they are
>The ecosystem is incapable of adapting to any changes at all

What's with this brainlet argument for not killing one of the greatest pests of all time? Just fucking kill them and the ecosystem adapt. Any species that can't live without mosquitoes is weak and unfit and deserves to die. If it can't adapt fuck it.

Yes. Morals don't exist in nature. If they are our enemy or just have resources we want, we exterminate them.

Yes, but it shouldn't matter if we are or aren't the most advanced species on earth. We're still technically animals and if one day flies found a way to kill mosquitos, and did. Would it be bad? It would only be different if the insects were sentient.

I dont give a shit about mosquitos so long they let me sleep. If I hear one bzzzzZZZ at night I will literally hunt that fucker down until its dead or my alarm clock goes off. Bottom line is you're gonna want screens infront of your windows anyways so just get that and enjoy your peaceful nights of sleep, literally had 0 mosquitos bothering my this whole summer.

Uhh.

That's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start.

How about earbuds

The argument that we should do it because we are more evolved it's pretty fucking dangerous. It doesn't make a lot of sense too. But we really should get rid of them, they are killing us and we are protecting ourselves, just that. Nonetheless the enviromental impact has to be considered

>Since humans are the most advanced species in the history of Earth would we be justified in completely exterminating Mosquitos?
The very fact that you're asking this proves your first statement wrong

In nature, might makes right. If it's possible for humans, humans will do it.