Living 211 years

Bowhead whales possess mutations that repair dna fight cancer and allow them to live over 2 centuries my question is could these genes be put in a human embryo?

no ethics comitee in the world would allow those kind of experiments
and technically they could cause cancer in other organisms
but theoretically sure why not

>no ethics comitee in the world
Chinese authorities take a different view. They have stated they are willing to go far to clean up the gene pool as they consider the mentally ill an unacceptable drag on the economy. Genetically caused diseases are expensive also in the West and also a risk. In my country there is no strategic reserve for insulin or blood clotting agents used for people with haemophilia. Thus a war and blockade here will kill a LOT of people in just a few months.

I guess the next generation Chinese leaders will communicate using infrasound.

only 211 years lmao

try being biologically immortal like Turritopsis dohrnii

So what, when turtles eat them, do they get pooped out still alive?

You are misunderstanding the word “immortality”. It means you can still be killed by anything except time. If one of those jellyfish were to play its cards right, it would live until the sun becomes a red giant and destroys Earth. Thats several billion years of life. You dont find that impressive?

you're still a fucking jellyfish

No that's just the beta cuck version of immortality. Never means never.

aren't mutations random? i know that something can trigger mutations like for example radiation. ´But how can they posess such specific mutations?

it's a hydrozoa you fucking brainlet

yes but the embryo would grow up to be a bowhead whale

mutations are random, genes are not, because genes are selected for and against by automatic natural selection

>in the world
ha. hahaha

How do they know how old they get? Have they had one in a tank for 200 years?

This is a good question.

You cut them open and count the rings.

from the age of harpoon tips stuck in them

what if someone just stuck an old harpoon in them last week?

How do they know how long the whale had been alive before the harpoon stuck it?

I mean, if you find a whale with a harpoon from 1850 in it, all that does is set a minimum age. The whale may have already been 100 years old when it got harpooned.

>beta cuck

Radioactive dating.

nigga it's not so easy as identify some mechanism in another organism and slapping the relevant genes into a human. there are a lot of awesome functions other creatures have that are of great benefit to study and perhaps, later emulate.

you should look up "dating methods"

>could these genes be put in a human embryo?
More importantly, can they be added to an adult human through gene therapy?

I fucking hate apes than want to live forever.

but i don't need a new gf

>Bowhead whales possess mutations that repair dna fight cancer
So does humans

>... and allow them to live over 2 centuries
Slower metabolism